TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

25 20.66%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

35 28.93%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

47 38.84%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

2 1.65%
  • I don't know what's going on!

12 9.92%
Page 422 of 428 FirstFirst ... 172322372377382387392397402407412417418419420421422423424425426427 ... LastLast
Results 10,526 to 10,550 of 10677

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Norms shnorms.

https://www.vox.com/world/2019/6/16/...-trump-heights

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu unveiled a plaque marking the location of the newest settlement in the Golan Heights on Sunday.

The marker proclaims the settlement will be known as “Trump Heights.” Netanyahu said the name was chosen to thank President Donald Trump for breaking decades of US tradition and recognizing the Golan Heights as part of Israel in March. Prior to that point, the US observed the international custom of considering it occupied territory.

[...]

The Golan Heights is a strategically valuable swath of land that Israel annexed from Syria after 1967’s Six Day War. The United Nations and most of the international community do not recognize the territory as belonging to Israel. That’s because international law prevents countries from appropriating land by force, and also because recognizing the territory as Israel’s might be perceived as giving the country a green light to take over even more disputed territory in the region.

The US observed that norm until Trump made the controversial move in March to recognize Golan Heights as part of Israel — much to the joy of Netanyahu.

[...]

Last month, Trump made the unprecedented move of attempting to intervene in the Israeli electoral process by publicly backing Netanyahu as he struggled to form a governing coalition.

It’s highly unusual for a country to endorse foreign leaders as they form governing coalitions, as they’re considered part of the electoral process of a country. In other words, it’s considered meddling.

Ultimately, though, Trump’s efforts didn’t seem to do the trick: Netanyahu failed to form a government, and Israelis will be voting again in September.

Netanyahu is likely drawing attention to Trump Heights in part because he thinks it’s politically advantageous to remind right-wing Israeli voters of his record of winning over the US on the status of the Golan Heights and the benefits that have been reaped from his strong relationship with Trump.

It might not win him the election, but it certainly won’t hurt his friendship with Trump.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm not gonna watch anything by this George Webb guy. The first thing I saw after googling him were a bunch of Deep State conspiracies involving Mueller.

...which, were he actually a Deep State operative, you'd think that after 2 years of what was apparently a show investigation, he could've manufactured enough evidence against Trump beyond "well, he did some suspicious stuff, but we don't have enough build a case against him."

I mean we're talking about the FBI here, the CIA, MI6, all empowered by a vast, powerful cabal working within, and pulling the strings of the world's sole economic and military superpower. If Donald Trump really were as much of a threat to The Establishment as you all like to think he is, he'd have been dead of a heart attack 4 years ago.

The end results of the Mueller investigation should've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that there's nothing more going on than what it appears to be. Donald Trump and his lackeys acted really suspicious. They did some very stupid things. An investigation was justified. The Democrats loved the idea of it. Trump reacted to it like a spoiled child throwing his toys out of his pram in a fit of pique. Everyone speculated on what he was doing, and why he was acting like he did, because, hey, if there is one thing Trump excels at, it's drawing attention to himself, purposefully or not. It all ended up with not enough evidence to prove criminal conspiracy, but a few good examples of obstruction of justice committed during one of Trump's temper tantrum.

If it were a smear campaign, it wouldn't have lead to such disappointing conclusions for his opponents. There'd have been enough evidence manufactured against him, it'd look like he played a part in the Lindbergh baby kidnapping.

...but hey, maybe that's the way the CIA wants it to look. They don't want to play their hand TOO hard. They have to be subtle about it, right? Play the looooonnngg game.

Yeah, that's the ticket! Wheels spinning within wheels spinning within wheels. It is a conspiracy!

Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    What happened during the Las Vegas shooting?
    I think the one thing that stands out the most about the Las Vegas shooting is how much of a political void it is. There's no one to blame. No Neo-Nazis. No ANTIFA. No secret liberal agenda, or conservative scheme. It's just one guy, not particularly political, pretty well off, didn't have any motives, who one day apparently decided to go out in a blaze of glory, and take as many people with him as he could.

It's more scary than any conspiracy theory, because it's just so goddamn random.

...and that's maybe why everyone wants to make a conspiracy out of it. All conspiracies are rooted in a fear of a world no one's in direct control of. The idea that some things aren't explainable, that sometimes there's not a reason, and that the people we put in charge, entrust with vasts amounts of power, aren't really all that smart or qualified is just frightening. Conspiracies give structure to the bullshit we all live in. They provide blame, allow you something tangible to stand against, give you reason and cause, make you feel special for being one of the few in the know. They're a safety blanket.

In small doses, they're harmless. Hell, sometimes they're even fun. But when they become the prevailing mode of thought? That's when shit starts getting really fucked. It ends up making demons of dipshits, attributing sinister design to coincidences, creates reactionaries in their wake, and will eventually do more harm than a thousand Hillary Clintons or Donald Trumps.

That's not how it works, Renz. You're supposed to ignore anything that contradicts your pet theory and only pay attention to things that appear to confirm it, no matter how far-fetched or implausible. Also, you don't use reason and logic. Don't you know that it's what they want you to use? Jesus Christ, Renz, that's like stuff you learn in the first day of conspiracy school. At this rate, you'll never get to project a smug sense of superiority over the sheeple.
    Last edited by Starker; 17th Jun 2019 at 04:24.

"An attack on two Saudi oil tankers is an attack on all Americans."
    -- John Bolton, possibly in an Onion article, but how can you tell at this point?

Jim Wright writes about the oil tanker attacks:

http://www.stonekettle.com/2019/06/remember-maine.html

[...]
    Two tankers were attacked this morning in the Gulf of Oman near the mouth of the Straits of Hormuz.

Japan's Trade Ministry said the two vessels were carrying "Japan-related” cargo.

Four tankers were attacked last month in the same region.

Two more today and it’s starting to look like a trend.

Naturally prices surged on international markets as investors panicked at this sudden threat to the oil supply.

US officials are – predictably – blaming Iran for the attacks.

The general consensus in the press and world opinion is that Iran must be behind these attacks.

Must be.

There’s no evidence yet, at least none that any nation is willing to make public. No one actually witnessed Iran carrying out these attacks. It’s the assessment of our government, but not of the professionals – at least, not yet.

Still, perhaps conveniently, there really isn’t another obvious candidate.

But, as a retired US Navy Intelligence officer who spent significant time in that part of the world, I've got to say this assumption doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense. Not to me anyway.
    [...]

John Oliver weighs in on impeachment:

As does The Onion:

https://politics.theonion.com/pros-a...ump-1835433404

PRO

Upholds standard of behavior to ensure our elected criminals stop doing that once they’re president.

Nice visibility boost for Andrew Johnson historians.

David Frum said not to.

Facilitates clean three-act structure for eventual movie adaptations of the Trump presidency.

CON

Could set dangerous precedent of impeaching every president who obstructs justice.

Might aggravate divisions in the country and undo all the healing of the past few years.

Unfairly punishes Americans who specifically voted for a criminal president.

Places trust in same system that allowed Donald Trump to be elected.
    Last edited by Starker; 17th Jun 2019 at 06:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Pollsters bad. Lord Dampnut sad.
    I wanted to laugh when I read Trump's response to George Stephanopoulis' mention of 'reports of polls commissioned by the Trump campaign that showed former Vice President Joe Biden ahead in several key states, the president said: “those polls don't exist.”' (during their two-day long interview this past week). But then I read Trump's full response to Stephanopoulis' comment and had an impulse to cry because of the deplorable fact that this demented orange person happens to be the so-called leader of our country.

'"Nobody showed you those polls because those polls don't exist, George. Those polls don't exist. I'm losing in 15 out of 17 states? Those polls don't exist," Trump said.

"I just was given a meeting with my pollster who I frankly don't even believe in pollsters if you want to know the truth, you just run a campaign and whatever it is, it is, but I just had a meeting with somebody that's a pollster and I'm winning everywhere, so I don't know what you're talking about."
    '

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/exclusive-...005100950.html

Holy ducking shit....

Oberlin has been in the news lately.

The court documents show internal emails with admins saying “Fuck em, unleash The students ”.

They also admitted that they didn’t actually have any proof Gibson bakery did what they were defamed for doing but STILL went ahead and were defaming the bakery.

You all aren’t fooling us. Sometimes the mask slips and what’s underneath is horrifying.

And what the hell is wrong with these students? My fucking Toddler is better behaved than to throw food on the floor to stomp on it because she’s angry.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 17th Jun 2019 at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    You all aren’t fooling us. Sometimes the mask slips and what’s underneath is horrifying.
    Everybody else sees what I'm seeing, right? Tony's lumping us in with Oberlin College students?

Moderator and Priest
    DAMNIT, TONY! YOU JUST MAKE ME SOOO MAD!

:stomp: :stomp: :stomp:

Now he's just going to have to ask himself how many cases of false accusations of racism are there in the US vs actual cases of racism. How many black people get the cops called on them for simply being black while babysitting, being black while barbecuing, being black while waiting in a coffee shop. There are racists marching on the streets, openly calling for a race war and chanting Nazi slogans, but no, apparently the real problem is when a few leftists somewhere get overzealous about racism and libel people. There are mass murderers motivated with racial hatred shooting up synagogues, mosques, and black churches, but no, it's the Antifa bike locks and vandalism that are really to be feared.

Anyway, trickle down economics still don't work, news at 11:

https://www.theguardian.com/business...rs-wells-fargo

[...]
    AT&T’s CEO, Randall Stephenson, promised in November 2017 to invest $1bn in capital expenditure and create 7,000 new jobs at the company if Trump’s hugely controversial tax cut bill passed. Many opponents had slammed the cuts as a corporate giveaway that benefited the super-rich. But big firms lobbied for it, saying – as AT&T did – that it would fund job-creating expansions.

The bill was voted into law in December 2017, reducing the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%. AT&T’s benefit was a tax windfall of $21bn and an additional estimated $3bn annually. But instead of creating jobs and increasing investment into the company, AT&T has eliminated 23,328 jobs since the tax cut bill was passed, according to a recent report by the Communications Workers of America. The CWA also said AT&T reduced their capital investments by $1.4bn.

[...]

“The evidence continues to mount that the Trump-GOP tax cuts were a scam, a giant bait-and-switch that promised workers big pay raises, a lot more jobs and new investments, but they largely enriched CEOs and the already wealthy,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness.

He noted only 4% of the US workforce saw any sort of pay increase or bonus from the tax cuts. Meanwhile, data collected by ATF shows corporations have cut thousands of jobs since the tax cuts were passed, while using tax windfalls to buy back $1tn of their own stock, which primarily benefits corporate executives and wealthy investors since half of all Americans own no stock.

General Motors’ CEO, Mary Barra, was one of Trump’s economic advisers on tax reform, and the company vocally supported working with the Trump administration on tax reform “that is beneficial to the US economy, beneficial to US manufacturing and creates jobs”.

In November 2018, GM announced it would cease operations at five plants in Michigan, Ohio, Maryland and Ontario, Canada, resulting in the loss of more than 14,000 jobs in those communities. As GM is closing plants, the company has spent $10bn since 2015 on stock buybacks, and made a net profit of over $8bn despite paying no federal taxes in 2018. GM reported a tax windfall of $157m in the first three months of 2018 due to the Trump tax cut.

[...]

Wells Fargo, the fourth largest bank in the US by assets, tied a minimum wage increase of $15 an hour to the Trump tax cuts and pledged increased investments in workers. The company is estimated to save $3.7bn annually due to the Trump tax cut. The bank’s 2018 tax savings were 47 times more than the costs of its minimum wage increases. Rather than invest in its workforce, Wells Fargo bought back 350m shares in early 2018, worth about $22.6bn, increased CEO salary by 36%, and announced plans in September 2018 to eliminate at least 26,000 jobs in the US over the next three years as many of those positions are being sent overseas.
    [...]
    Last edited by Starker; 17th Jun 2019 at 18:04.

I can't tell if Tony is serious or doing self-parody again. Fortunately I don't give a shit either way.

Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    Fusion GPS is a CIA front company, just like Perkins Coie.

They are both part of the web of agencies that make up our Domestic Surveillance state and took part in the FISA abuse
    of the Bush and Obama administrations.

It's no wonder that "former" MI6 have contact with them. MI6 shares surveillance data with the CIA and NSA.
    All the same cozy family.

They've been lying for a LONG time.
    Damn it man. I defended you. I said you weren't crazy and you go and prove me wrong. Wait. Are you the chemtrail guy? Damn it. I should have known.

Holy ducking shit....

Oberlin has been in the news lately.

The court documents show internal emails with admins saying “Fuck em, unleash The students ”.

They also admitted that they didn’t actually have any proof Gibson bakery did what they were defamed for doing but STILL went ahead and were defaming the bakery.

And what the hell is wrong with these students? My fucking Toddler is better behaved than to throw food on the floor to stomp on it because she’s angry.
    LOL. This guy didn't have the intelligence to even graduate high school and he is calling people toddlers. Did you get this from some stormfront site?

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Did you get this from some stormfront site?
    I know what you mean, comrade...because if you're not an Authoritarian Leftist, then you are a Nazi!...

Here he is again, talking about the migrant crisis!...

This is all Nazi-talk!...Off to the gulag with him!...

So, Democrats are obstructionist because they don't want to give money for Lord Dampnut's useless vanity project, but President McConnell dubbing himself the Grim Reaper and killing any and all Democratic and bipartisan bills, whether it's to lower prescription drug prices or to prevent child abuse or to bring back net neutrality, that's business as usual?

Hell, even when Republicans have control over both the House and Senate they can barely get anything done. Eked out that corporate welfare bill and some rudimentary justice reform (thanks to support from the supposedly obstructionist Democrats) and that has been it, basically.

And it's not Democrats who are walking out of negotiations in a huff when they get their feelings hurt.
    Last edited by Starker; 18th Jun 2019 at 21:08.

Recognize anyone Vae? Of course you don't.

Just some concerned citizens who like to wear Hugo Boss. Meanwhile, in the latest episode of The (Oval) Office:

Last edited by Starker; 19th Jun 2019 at 00:00.

Moderator and Priest
    Every time Vae posts, I'm always left wondering just how triggered I need to be.

President McConnell weighs in on the issue of reparations to the descendants of slaves:

https://time.com/5609546/mitch-mccon...ations-senate/

“We tried to deal with our original sin of slavery by fighting a civil war, by passing landmark civil rights legislation, elected an African American president,” Barack Obama, in 2008, McConnell said. “I don’t think we should be trying to figure out how to compensate for it. First of all, it would be hard to figure out whom to compensate.”
    Just one question... who is "we"?

I mean, he's not incorrect in saying that they tried to deal with slavery by fighting a civil war, but... um...

Last edited by Starker; 19th Jun 2019 at 01:45.

The Orlando Sentinel has announced their 2020 endorsement:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-trump-1367031

The principal newspaper in Orlando, Fla., where the president is set to kick off his reelection bid Tuesday, has already announced its 2020 White House endorsement: anyone but Donald Trump.

“We’re here to announce our endorsement for president in 2020, or, at least, who we’re not endorsing: Donald Trump,” the editorial board of the Orlando Sentinel announced Tuesday, hours before Trump is set to appear in the city’s Amway Center to launch his campaign for a second term.

“Some readers will wonder how we could possibly eliminate a candidate so far before an election, and before knowing the identity of his opponent. Because there’s no point pretending we would ever recommend that readers vote for Trump,” the editorial board wrote.

“After 2½ years we’ve seen enough. Enough of the chaos, the division, the schoolyard insults, the self-aggrandizement, the corruption, and especially the lies.”

The Sentinel dubbed Trump’s “successful assault on truth” as “the great casualty of this presidency, followed closely by his war on decency” and said the commander in chief “has diminished our standing in the world.”

Meanwhile, Andrea Thompson, confirmed Under-Secretary Of State For Arms Control (i.e. negotiating nuclear arms deals with Russia), failed to disclose her direct connections to convicted Russian spy, Maria Butina. Butina's boyfriend, Paul Erickson, officiated at Under-Secretary Thompson's recent wedding. Thompson's husband, incidentally, gave Erickson a "gift" of $100,000.00.

Paul Erickson, we might recall, sent a blatant email offering to set up back channels to the Kremlin for the Trump administration, presumably using contacts provided by his Russian spy girlfriend, Maria Butina.

Only the best people.

PS. Mike Pence managed the cover-up of this massive security breach.

Coincidentally, there's video on the subject of "everyone is a Nazi these days" that just came out with some helpful guidelines on how to differentiate the various brands of bigotry:

Well...interesting week with AoC.

Here's a rhetorical question: Was World War 2 morally justified? Is fighting the Nazi regime morally justified.

It's a stupid question because the answer is obvious. In light of that I don't know how anyone can reasonably claim that AOC's statements this week were anything other than a dog whistle meant to imply "violent revolution and resistance is necessary and justified to stop the American Nazi regime".

This is so ludicrous that even people like Chuck Todd are calling it out, but people are so hopelessly entrenched in a tribalistic mindset that they would rather rush to the defense of these statements and rationalize why she didn't actually say what she said.

LOL. This guy didn't have the intelligence to even graduate high school and he is calling people toddlers. Did you get this from some stormfront site?

HURR DURR I'M SO SMART THE ONLY RETOR I HAVE IS TO CALL PEOPLE NAZIS
    I'm JEWISH you fucking piece of shit.

My mother's side of the family were Polish jews who left when they realized things were getting bad in Europe. I refuse to be called a Nazi by some smug little asshole who doesn't even know who he is talking to.

Oh...and stuff the "I'm so smart hurr dur" bullshit. If you were as smarter than everyone else as you think you are, you'd know that graduating high school doesn't mean jack shit as far as intelligence : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan

You'll find it's surprisingly frequent that people who are extremely intelligent have dropped out of their educational program because they realized that they weren't gaining anything from that schooling. Education is more than anything else a measure of one's ability to function in conformity with authority.

Contrary to this indoctrination belief that you must have a degree, you will discover that those who have created some of the biggest companies are all dropouts with no degrees so they did not even make “C” students which include; Amadeo Peter Giannini, who was the multimillionaire founder of Bank of America who did not even graduate high school, Thomas Edison, inventor of the light bulb, phonograph who was homeschooled until the age of 12, Andrew Carnegie who dropped out of elementary school and became an industrialist, philanthropist, and one of the first mega-billionaires in the US history, and Henry Ford, billionaire founder of Ford Motors, to Bill Gates founder of Microsoft, Michael Dell of Dell Computer, Barry Diller the billionaire, Hollywood mogul, Internet maven, and founder of Fox Broadcasting Company to yes, even John D. Rockefeller, Sr. the real billionaire founder of Standard Oil. Politicians include Ben Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, and Andrew Jackson who also did not graduate school.

So tell me. Were all of these people too stupid to even graduate?
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 22nd Jun 2019 at 13:15.

Oh...and stuff the "I'm so smart hurr dur" bullshit. If you were as smarter than everyone else as you think you are, you'd know that graduating high school doesn't mean jack shit as far as intelligence : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan
    This has got to be the funniest Tony moment I've seen in a while. Wow, dude. Christopher Langan.

Page 422 of 428 FirstFirst ... 172322372377382387392397402407412417418419420421422423424425426427 ... LastLast