TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021

Thread: Object Repository

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    You've been around long enough to know to be more specific than that. If you want, use the readme in the zip and tell us precisely where the breakdown is.
    in the moment you try to add the object in dromed it fails, instead it appears this familiar edge shape form, i've edited the model in blender, and i was able to finally have the candle, but there was still flaws in the model, as on can see invisible parts in the object.

So the readme also says there is a new version, though I don't know where it is, or what it addresses. And for this instance I'm not sure what " instead it appears this familiar edge shape form" means.

If you have edited the object in blender, I can't offer any assistance there. If you can see through the object, that reminds me of when the "face" of the polygons were reversed. But can't be too sure.

these rings are missing one texture for the golden rings:

http://spirited-tech.com/thief/wp-co...8/08/Rings.png

its a texture called "NEWHNDL" that is missing.

Instead of linking to the image can you please link to the object page itself?

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Instead of linking to the image can you please link to the object page itself?
    Im sorry, here:

http://spirited-tech.com/thief/2018/...-by-eshaktaar/

I was trying to host a new object, but things have changed in the interface, i was able to upload the files, but i feel completely lost on how to publish them.

Thanks, I've updated that object.

New post interface..... aarrrgh. I'll upload an object of my own and then produce a set of instructions. It looks like Wordpress has caught on to the idea of hiding everything until the mouse hovers over it.

Edit:
    I got a post made, but the image wasn't a clickable thumbnail, the download procedure is different and I wasn't able to choose categories. I don't like tags because allowing people to write their own leads to several variations of the same thing, making it harder to search.

edit 2:
    I've just installed a plugin called 'Classic Post' which seems to have restored the previous functionality.
    Last edited by R Soul; 4th Mar 2019 at 18:52.

Thank you Robin, with the usual interface i was able to host the object i wanted.

I've noticed people are uploading screenshots in .png format. Please use .jpg instead to keep file sizes small.

Thanks.

That reminds me... I forgot to include a screen shot of the Alms box I made for Cardia.

I've noticed people are uploading screenshots in .png format. Please use .jpg instead to keep file sizes small.

Thanks.
    Im really sorry , ive updated the file.

Thanks.
    Will do. It would've been nice if there was a general warning on the forum, considering Thief 2 automatically takes .png screenshots instead of .jpg files. Obviously .jpg takes up less space, but can have a compromise in clarity.

I've installed a plugin that converted all existing pngs to jpg. It says that just over 320MB has been saved. There were a lot of pngs.

In addition, the plugin automatically converts any new pngs to jpg, so if you forget, all will not be lost.

Is the plugin only for screen shots or will it change texture png files as well?

DromEd Archmage
    I think it should not change the texture as long as those are contained in a zip file. Isn't it R Soul ?

That would certainly make sense, but I'll upload a test file just to make sure the author hasn't been too clever.

edit: Confirmed, object textures are not changed as long as they're in a zip file.
    Last edited by R Soul; 12th Mar 2019 at 15:40.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021