TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Testers Needed: Alternative Thief 2 Patcher/Installer

  1. #1
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2015

    Testers Needed: Alternative Thief 2 Patcher/Installer

    I am looking for testers for a new Thief 2 Patcher/Installer tentatively named "T2Patch."

    With Tafferpatcher being fairly out-of-date now and showing little sign of life, I present one which implements similar functionality with some new and completely updated components (the most important being NewDark 1.26) which will continue to be updated as needed for the foreseeable future.

    Currently Included Components:
    -NewDark 1.26
    -NewDark DromEd (with the DromEd Basic Toolkit)
    -AM16's Fixed Missions and Resources Pack 1.2d (slightly modified to account for fixes suggested in its thread)
    -voodoo47's Interactive Candles
    -R Soul's Carry Body Mod
    -Thief Enhancement Pack
    -English Subtitles
    -Thief 2 Sound Effects Enhancement Pack
    -t2skies
    -t2water
    -English subtitles
    -Updated Scripts for Fan Missions
    -Official 1.18 patch (only available if version 1.07 is installed)
    *Currently NecroAge and EP2 are not included due to their size, though they can be downloaded and placed into the game's directory with ease.

    All components other than NewDark are optional.

    I am particularly looking for testers with non-USA versions of Thief 2, such as the French and German localizations, as I have not yet been able to personally test the patcher's compatibility with these versions.
    While nothing is currently final, the patcher functions fairly well throughout my own personal testing using the US release of the game. With all of this said, anyone is welcome to test or to provide feedback of any kind.
    Last edited by Jax64; 7th Feb 2019 at 19:58. Reason: updated included components

  2. #2
    Southquarter.com/fms
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: The Akkala Highlands
    As we discussed, I can help test.

    Are you able to detail what components are included in your patch, besides the latest version of New Dark? How about t2skies/water, EP2, and/or AM16's fixed missions pack, etc, or anything else? Or possibly Dromed and related tools?

  3. #3
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Always eager to test unofficial patches (I use the GOG version of Thief 2)

  4. #4
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    As we discussed, I can help test.

    Are you able to detail what components are included in your patch, besides the latest version of New Dark? How about t2skies/water, EP2, and/or AM16's fixed missions pack, etc, or anything else? Or possibly Dromed and related tools?
    Yes, thank you again. I have updated the first post to include the currently available components.

    In addition to this, I have added you to the Shalebridge group and the first version is now available for testing.

    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Always eager to test unofficial patches (I use the GOG version of Thief 2)
    Thank you very much! If you have an account on Shalebridge, I will add you to the group. We will be doing most of the testing there.
    If you do not, you can just PM me.
    Last edited by Jax64; 24th Jan 2019 at 22:38. Reason: replied to lowenz

  5. #5
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Why EP2 is not included? (simple question, not a request!)

  6. #6
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2008
    Location: Deutschland/Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax64 View Post
    ... With Tafferpatcher being fairly out-of-date now ...
    Really?!?

    Works fine for me, always if there is an ND update.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

  7. #7
    Southquarter.com/fms
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: The Akkala Highlands
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Why EP2 is not included? (simple question, not a request!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax64 View Post
    *Currently NecroAge and EP2 are not included due to their size, though they can be downloaded and placed into the game's directory with ease.

    Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    Works fine for me, always if there is an ND update.
    Currently you would have to run Tafferpatcher, and then also update to ND 1.26. This new patcher does both in the same step.

    Also, DJ Riff appears to have gone AWOL, so it's good to have a patcher from someone who is still active here, in case other changes need to be made.

  8. #8
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2008
    Location: Deutschland/Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Currently you would have to run Tafferpatcher, and then also update to ND 1.26. This new patcher does both in the same step.

    Also, DJ Riff appears to have gone AWOL, so it's good to have a patcher from someone who is still active here, in case other changes need to be made.
    Didn't know that ...

  9. #9
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Testing now, it seems all fine.

  10. #10
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Why EP2 is not included? (simple question, not a request!)
    Yes, as said above, EP2 is not included due to its large size. However, everything is set up so that all you would need to do is place EP2.crf in your install directory to enable it, similar to TFix.
    I have also experimented in making a fat version that includes both NecroAge and EP2 among others, but the file size is nearly two gigabytes, which is a rather extreme amount to download all in one patcher.

    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Testing now, it seems all fine.
    Thank you again. Everything is functioning correctly then?
    Was there anything you found irritating or any other content you hope to see implemented? I welcome any constructive feedback.

  11. #11
    Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Fields of bluegrass
    I would vote in favor of keeping the mods as separate downloads, especially if all you have to do is download them and drop them in your Thief folder or a /mods subdirectory.

  12. #12
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax64 View Post
    Yes, as said above, EP2 is not included due to its large size. However, everything is set up so that all you would need to do is place EP2.crf in your install directory to enable it, similar to TFix.
    I have also experimented in making a fat version that includes both NecroAge and EP2 among others, but the file size is nearly two gigabytes, which is a rather extreme amount to download all in one patcher.



    Thank you again. Everything is functioning correctly then?
    Was there anything you found irritating or any other content you hope to see implemented? I welcome any constructive feedback.
    Good enough for me! Maybe add the graphic configurator from the HD mod?

  13. #13
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    I think I've fixed a couple of models in EP1, so if you are looking for the most up to date version, the one from TFix should be it. would also recommend using the fixed hand meshes, they are lurking somewhere in the TafferPatcher topic.

  14. #14
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I would vote in favor of keeping the mods as separate downloads, especially if all you have to do is download them and drop them in your Thief folder or a /mods subdirectory.
    I am inclined to agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    I think I've fixed a couple of models in EP1, so if you are looking for the most up to date version, the one from TFix should be it. would also recommend using the fixed hand meshes, they are lurking somewhere in the TafferPatcher topic.
    Thank you. I am currently using the original EP plus several fixes you linked in the last few pages of the Tafferpatcher topic, but I will update to the one from TFix as it likely includes several other fixes. As for the hand meshes, are these the same ones noted in the Special Thanks of AM16's Fixed Missions Topic? If so, perhaps it may be appropriate to include the fixed missions by default.

  15. #15
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2013
    Could I just request that a USERMODS folder be added to the root and modpaths? Tfix provides this and I found this useful.

    From the sounds of it you will already be adding NecroAge and EP2 to modpaths so that leaves my only other niggle, and it might not be anything you can do anything about, but the fact that the voicelines are removed from unconscious NPCs.

    I want to be able to throw a guard on a fire and hear him scream.

  16. #16
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2015
    The current testing version already has the USERMODS folder implemented just as TFix does, so no worries!

    As for unconscious NPC voice lines, I believe they still currently occur after using this patcher. The ability to change this behavior likely lies in a gamesys or DML fix somewhere, though I am not certain where. That said, I would be somewhat hesitant to change the default behavior. Though if I ever happen across this option, I suppose I could document it so that anyone could change as they see fit.

  17. #17
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Texas
    If you are talking about NPCs or AIs speaking immediately after they are KO, I don't think much could be done about that since it is from what I have observed a timing quirk with the AI wanting to speak immediately after grunting (on the way to the floor) and the sound system playing the wanted line. I don't want to get too technical about other situations/solutions here in the fan mission forum.

  18. #18
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2013
    One more thing, and it is quite minor. About the name. Think fan or unnoficial patches should give themselves names that distinguish themselves from official patches. Only the 1.18 patch should call itself the T2 patch. It would be like the Syrim unnofficial patch just calling itself the Skyrim patch.

    That's it, just think it's formal title should be something like unnoficial patch, fan opatch, community patch, or if you fancy a bit of Cockney rhyming slang, the Tea Leaf patch.

  19. #19
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2013
    Think the voices were removed in the fixpack. I have used Tafferpatcher without it and got the voices.

  20. #20
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    About the name. Think fan or unnoficial patches should give themselves names that distinguish themselves from official patches. Only the 1.18 patch should call itself the T2 patch.
    I agree. The name is subject to change, and will very likely change before release. I just haven't decided on a name that can be both unique and unambiguous. I am certainly open to suggestions, however.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    Think the voices were removed in the fixpack. I have used Tafferpatcher without it and got the voices.
    If this is true, it is probably not my place to be modifying that. It could be true that this behavior has changed with the latest release. Though currently checked by default, the fixed missions pack is completely optional.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •