TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: TDP20AC Mission An Enigmatic Treasure with a Recondite Discovery (11/30/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Try
    "language german+english"
    Thank you! That fixt it for both missions

Sorry, but I didn't finish to play this one. First I had to look in this forum to learn that one has to return to the opera house which obviously had been totally renewed after 30 minutes or so having taffed in the warehouses. Is that possible even for mages?
    Saw that teleport trick going backwards into the opera because I left a pile of outknocked AIs in the dark corner which (re)appeared depending on my movement.

OK, in the 2nd version of that opera I tried several different ways to proceed and failed sooner or later. The reason is that for me it was too bright and the surfaces were too loud having only 7(!) moss arrows in my inventory. Tried some of these teleport aeras (chests and statues) and found them annoying, that wastes too much time for those who prefer regular gameplay.

Nevertheless grabbed 2235/3665 so the main goal had been fulfilled.

BTW I don't have those problems concerning the language installation. My install.cfg always had the entry language german and it works fine with both multi-language or one-language (english) FMs. I'm using the good old DarkLoader (yessss!) and it/he(?) installs the chosen or the only available language version in the root directory of /books, /intrface, /snd and /strings, that's it.
    My conclusion is one or all newer FM loaders don't do that, obviously they are not consequently designed for multi-language FMs. Reading some threads it seems that many taffers even didn't realize that a couple of T20 FMs offer multi-language support which is regrettable both for those players as for those who made the translations.
    Sorry for being OT in this thread ...
    Last edited by zappen; 6th Jan 2019 at 08:55.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    the opera house which obviously had been totally renewed after 30 minutes or so having taffed in the warehouses. Is that possible even for mages?
    I thought that was perfect and the best idea in the mission. They are mages. If you step through the red curtain with the artifact in your hands, you are crossing a disguised portal. This elegantly solves the mystery from the intro of the mission, in which Garrett mentions he has no idea where the mages' guild is.

I guess my problem was so silly, there was no answer for it. In starting Ali's mission, I learned I did not have the latest fix, so downloaded and installed it. Also I got the odd poker before getting the objective for it, which may have been a problem. And it seems I ran past the entrance to an entire section of the mission without seeing it - too distracted gawking at the city architecture. Enjoying this mission tremendously now!

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I know this doesn't particularly pertain to only this mission, but I've noticed that AI can see ko bodies in dark shadows even from far away in New Dark for Thief Gold.
    Not sure if it's Newdark, but I just noticed that in Downtowne Funk as well. I dumped a body in a very dark area, and a patrolling guard got all riled up from several feet away

How I finished this on expert without hints is beyond me, 4hrs & 10 minutes without getting a single secret lol. Congrats on a great mission.

Quote Originally Posted by N00bThief View Post
    2.) Its the english one patched to german (so german i guess)
    How exactly was this patching done?

Having a great time with this mission. The warehouse area is so beautifully constructed - the big crane is a very clever construction.
    The 2 kinds of warehouse keys I have won't open a number of doors leading to one section (the forge must be in there?).
    Is there another kind of key for this or should I keep hunting around for another access route?

@ redleaf

Those doors open from the other side. Try checking the outside base level of the building.

Thank you, Gort. I will start looking.

This game has a bug. Got into the room of statues. Got locked in when the gate closed. Used a key to open the panel with the button but unable to reach the button to rotate statue due to the gate. No way to get pass them. Used rope arrow to jump above them but still no dice.

@ onetruekeeper

Let me see if I'm reading this right... You were able to get all the way to the Hand of Fate, right?
    Did you grabbed the Hand of Fate? If so, you should put it back if you don't have the item that replaces it. Only putting the Hand of Fate back will open that gate right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    @ onetruekeeper

Let me see if I'm reading this right... You were able to get all the way to the Hand of Fate, right?
    Did you grabbed the Hand of Fate? If so, you should put it back if you don't have the item that replaces it. Only putting the Hand of Fate back will open that gate right now.
    Thanks.
    I managed to get out of that room of statues by climbing the rope arrow then I had to land at a specific place among the statues then make my way to the place where I got the Hand of Glory then placed a bag of dust on it to open the gate. There was one statue which I could cross in front of and it did not zap me back near the door.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456