TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck in Trainspotting

"Must be one of them Grubber's again!"

But seriously, maybe different graphics cards and Direct X versions are the cause of the problem. I've had trouble working in DromEd, using a Hercules Geforce II MX card. Just a thaught.

I tried it on the easiest setting and the remote wasn't there but it was on expert. So I looked in Drom and it does have difficulty destroy 0 on it so it shouldn't be there on easy. Must be an objective prob then. It looks like it should be there on both of the other settings though. This is a problem that the author should correct for a Final release.

I'm playing on normal and I can't find the remote either but I accidentally found a different way to check off that objective.
    Spoiler:
    In the boxcar with all the robots, I smashed all of them. When I picked up the body of one of them, it checked off that objective. Only one particular one does it.

i really don't get it either !!
    could it be moved by someone because the alarm went on?

I went down the hallway from the dining room (the hall with the steam) and BOTH doors were unpickable AND the basement key didn't work! How did you all get through?

Also, what's the point of turning off the basement cameras is all you have to do is run across the hall into the sleeping quarters?

Did you try just opening the end door in the hallway with the steam vents? I don't think that door is locked.

there is one door wich is unlock even if when you look at it the handle is placed horizontally like a locked door but it isn't ...

I went back and tried what I mentioned above but this time it didn't check off that objective. Don't know what I did differently the first time. Sorry if I sent anyone on a wild goose chase.

I don't think that objective was meant to be activated on hard (the easiest setting).

As for it not being there on other difficulty settings...

Ghost

Short on loot....

[Folks]

I'm short on loot. The only place I think I haven't been is in the sewer... but the manhole is locked and unpickable, and I don't have a sewer key.

Is there one? Where can I find it?

I have everything else checked off (except turning the watchers back on, as I haven't left the basement yet.) All I need is to get at least $36 of the $470 loot remaining in the mission.

Maybe there is more stuff in the other boxcars? I'd still like to get into the sewers, if that's possible.

Dafydd

Ghost

No sewers

[Folks]

All right, I think I've gleaned from this newsgroup that there are no sewers... the hatch is just improperly frobbable.

I was able to finish -- just barely -- by cracking the safe in the room at the end of the third-floor corridor... it was brutal, since I was ghosting: I had to wait until the pacing guard left, wait further until the stationary guard turned his back, race into the room (I couldn't seem to turn off the lights), pick the lock, then race out again while his back was still turned; I waited, and he kindly turned his back again, giving me the opportunity to race in again, open the (unlocked) safe door and loot the safe, then race back out again. I got out just as the patrolling guard was returning, but he didn't notice me darting into the corner.

That gave me $100, which was enough to clear the required loot with 1164. I have no idea where the remaining $370 loot is found.

I used the invisibility potion I picked up somewhere to dart over the wooden footbridge back around the backside of the train; from there, it was just a matter of timing the now endless succession of patrolling guards and the stupid little robot to get back to my boxcar.

Yeesh. I think you were supposed to be able to turn off the lights in the safe room: there was a switch, but it didn't frob. Or work.

Anyway, 1:48, 1164 out of 1534, 5 of 6 picks (all of them, I presume), clean ghost. Read all about it if you're really into this sort of thing at:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...018#post290018

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 18th Nov 2003 at 05:59.

Hey Daffyd,

Thanks for playing, can't say that I remember where the extra loot is...

The sewer latch is supposed to be frobbable though, that's why it gives you a message. It's just a plaque really, no room left to build under there.

Archivist
    Argh I cant find the remote control either. If it should be on the workbench, it isnt there Schwaa, can we expect a final version of trainspotting? It is really a great mission .
    Now I played the mission I think a sequel of the mission (Truart Town) would be great.
    Maybe an idea for your next fanmission.

I think for some reason (mistake) I gave the remote destroy props on the med difficulty. I should fix it sometime...

Hmmm... I have been trying to layout a city scape although it probably won't happen anytime soon if ever at all, but I could continue that storyline... Good idea, thanks

This is a decent FM but man that constant loud CHOOO is killing me, I started having literal headache, WTF man

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Is the visibility of the remote control and goal #7 on "hard" (=normal) difficulty still an issue?

I can't tell, I couldn't bear that chooing..

Adjusted the dimensions of the table, so the remote control is always visible (but not on normal difficulty, it's just not there)

Code:
    DML1//Trainspotting//fix for carpenter table//miss21.mis.dml
    +ObjProp 682 "PhysDims"
    {
        "Size" 5.17, 6.88, 3.58
        "Radius 1" 0.00
        "Radius 2" 0.00
        "Offset 1" 0.00, 0.70, -2.17
        "Offset 2" 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
        "Point vs Terrain" FALSE
        "Point vs Not Special" FALSE
    }
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 3rd Dec 2018 at 04:02.

Just quickly replayed this mission on normal and the remote control is visible screenshot.

So, what would be the filename here?
    Does this fix the gamesys or the mis file?

I edited the dml.
    The remote control is also there on normal difficulty (but not in DromEd game mode, it has difficulty---destroy 0 tag), but this doesn't work in the game. Bizzare.
    It's not an issue, since the qvartrap to trigger the goal isn't there on normal.

dusted this off for the expert difficulty...
    but I'm unsure of something.... that sewer lid in the basement... its frobbable, but I cant pick it open.... is there some key I'm missing??

No key available, nor is there anything down there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12