TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Always look on the bright side of death... RIP Terry Jones

Always look on the bright side of death... RIP Terry Jones

Monty Python founder and comedian extraordinaire Terry Jones died. He was 77.

It's hard to imagine a more iconic, unique and funny group. The Monty Python and their movies brightened many a gloomy day and shaped a certain kind of comedy that, beyond the laughs, remains fresh and relevant even today...

Thanks for all the silliness, absurd laughs and hijinks, sir.

Yeh what a downer, their impact was so huge. RIP.

Moderator and Priest
    This is depressing, and it makes me sad.

Moderator and Priest
    I hope Python sends him off with the same class and tact they did for Graham Chapman.

Gads no! And Only 77. Sad to see you go, Terry. The world needs more like you.

LittleFlower
    Fuck.

Monthy Python had probably more impact on my way of thinking than any other artist, writer, musician, actor or film-maker.

What I learned from them is that you just shouldn't take anything or anyone seriously. You are free to laugh at whatever you want. Make jokes about whatever you feel like. Religion, politics, dying people, royalty, art, anything. You can and must make everything ridiculous. Nothing is sacred. (Except maybe each and every individual sperm). If everybody had an attitude like that, the world would be a much better place.

(FYI Jabberwocky has only 2 minutes of Terry Jones in it. He's barely recognizable. And he doesn't have any lines).

This is probably my favorite Monthy Python scene (only 44 seconds).
    Terry Jones (Brian's mother) was on screen just before (and after) this scene.

Is it a coincidence that both Brian (Graham Chapman) and his mother (Terry Jones) were the first two of Monthy Python to die ? I don't think so. I think Jesus must have no sense of humor. Bastard.
    Last edited by Gryzemuis; 22nd Jan 2020 at 18:38.

Yeah, I can't think of a single joke Jesus told. This certainly sucks. The Meaning of Life was the movie I took my wife to on our first date. He exploded in that. Much funnier than loaves and fishes.

You don't die all at once. First you get to see those you like go so you can be absolutely certain the world is going to complete fuckshit.

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I hope Python sends him off with the same class and tact they did for Graham Chapman.
    "Two down, four to go" -- John Cleese

RIP Mr Jones. It was a blast (you really shouldn't have had that mint, you know) having you with us in this increasingly less and less funny world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    This is probably my favorite Monthy Python scene (only 44 seconds).
    Terry Jones (Brian's mother) was on screen just before (and after) this scene.
    I think of that scene every time I see a group of Harley-Davidson riders. The irony in this commercial just cracks me up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyocDeGh7Qs

Life of Brian is my favorite Monty Python flick. RIP Terry.