TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: AngelLoader 1.4.4 (upd. 2020/06/15)

Perfect, thank you Fen!

Important!

I hate to say it, but anyone who has downloaded v1.4.2 could you please redownload it? The original version's missflag generator contained a couple of critical logic bugs. I'm deeply sorry about this. It's all good now though. Thank you!

AngelLoader v1.4.2 (really this time)
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 8th May 2020 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by FenPhoenix View Post
    Important!

I hate to say it, but anyone who has downloaded v1.4.2 could you please redownload it? The original version's missflag generator contained a couple of critical logic bugs. I'm deeply sorry about this. It's all good now though. Thank you!

AngelLoader v1.4.2 (really this time)
    No prob, got it!

Did I remember to mention what a delight this loader is? Probably not. Thank you for this FenPhoenix!

You're very welcome

Nice work mate.

Enviado desde mi F8331 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for everything!

AngelLoader v1.4.3 is out.

The todo list is getting small, so here's some fixes and tightenings-up.

Changelog

Fixes:
    -Fixed: Certain case-insensitive string comparisons were using culture-dependent casing rules. If your PC's culture was set to Turkish, this could cause two case-insensitively equal strings that both contained the letter "i" in different cases to incorrectly fail to match. Most comparisons were unaffected, but the FM scanner may have failed to detect some non-critical pieces of data (title, author etc.) if a user's culture was set to Turkish.
    -Fixed: The custom date fields in the Settings window would reset to their default values if left blank.
    -Fixed: The error text in the Settings window was not being updated when a new language was selected; it was only ever updated when the error check was run.
    -Fixed: FM comments would have any trailing whitespace removed on load. Probably nobody ended their comments with a bunch of whitespace, but hey...

Misc:
    -Pressing F1 will now open the manual file to the relevant section.
    -Changed "Current culture" etc. to "System locale" in date format options, in an attempt to be more clear.
    -If there are path errors on startup, the Settings window will now immediately show you what they are, rather than popping up and not showing you what's wrong until you try to hit OK.
    -Added a small bit of text on the UI to try to make it more clear what the "Backup path" is for.
    -Any language string that's missing from the selected language set will now fall back to the English default, rather than just leaving whatever was in there before.

Fen, here is the spanish translation for 1.4.3

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZOs...ew?usp=sharing

fms path missing the -,+ buttons

hi! I might have got a bit rusty with these things but this version is missing the ability to add my fms folders paths. I had the 1.1.1. version and it was ok. Now I downloaded this one and the paths buttons are not at the end of the path adding area.What am I doing wrong?
    I have everything (thieves games, Angelloader,fms folders) outside of program files.Inside the Angelloader 1.4.3 only a total of 91 missions of all 3 games are visible.I tried to add the Builders paradise and didn't appear. I erased the previous version in case it was some conflict but still not - and + buttons. I re downloaded it, nothing chanced. My originals are already installed (prior to the Loader), can this be the issue?
    Thank you for any help

Oops... the buttons got positioned way off screen during me trying to wrangle the Paths window to support that help message.

New version 1.4.4 has that fixed!

Thanks, I thought something like that might happen..

I've installed v 1.4.4 and T1 and T2 FMs work great. But does this work with TG and if it does where might I find directions on how to get the game to function? I have a copy of TG but current do not have it installed which might help a little.

TG is the same as T1 as far as AngelLoader is concerned. As long as your TG or T1 install is NewDark patched, everything should work fine. But, AngelLoader only supports one "Thief 1" game, so if you have both Thief 1 and Thief Gold then you can only set AngelLoader to use one of them. That's due to it following DarkLoader which has the same limitation. Unfortunately if you want to use both Thief 1 and Thief Gold at the same time without constantly switching your specified game folder back and forth, you would have to use FMSel or NewDarkLoader, which simply install into your game directories and run when you run the game (which is the "other way round" from how DarkLoader and AngelLoader work).

Thanks for the help. I'll have to try both methods and see which one works better for me.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011