TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 20th Anniversary Contest - Results!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    So do we know yet who made 'Into The Odd'? Maybe we should have a contest to guess who, from several readables I think one might've been Sperry?
    No, Sperry doesn't even go near New Dark - it can't be him...
    My bet is 'Into the Odd' was made by Pukey Brunster - very similar feel to 'Morbid Curiosity'.

I guess that Croissantine is either Squadafroin/Squadarofl (I often recalled Watery Grave and Chalice of Souls while playing Into the Odd) or some new author. But I don't know, it may be mistake...
    Last edited by michael a; 29th Jun 2020 at 12:15.

According to what i saw recently on www.thiefguild.com one of the authors is Schlock. The other is still named Croissantine.

Croissantine is who they are trying to guess lol, that's an obvious pseudonym

Croissantine must be french because it's a french play on words.
    I would say DrK or Squadafroin.
    It's my favorite FM with Builder Paradise, my top 3 would have been :
    #1 Both Into the Odd and Builder Paradise with 30/30 each
    #2 Feast of Pilgrims with 29/30 (more "classic" FM)

Yes I was Die Fugger. I thought the names would be revealed along with the scores, but apparently not
    Croissantine can step forward if he or she likes. Sperry was a good guess, because we were clearly very inspired by his classic FMs (anyone who has played Brainchild will recognize a big reference to it in ItO).
    Thanks everyone for voting, reviewing, and hosting the competition.

Great! Congratulations! I can say, that final score is similar to my votes

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    No, Sperry doesn't even go near New Dark - it can't be him...
    My bet is 'Into the Odd' was made by Pukey Brunster - very similar feel to 'Morbid Curiosity'.
    To be honest...nothing in ItO screams pukey, if she was involved it would have been way more beautiful and defined...I don't see any similarity to any of her work. But maybe I'm wrong. If I think of French, the T1 vibe and especially the mansion, everything screams Skacky

Quote Originally Posted by Schlock View Post
    anyone who has played Brainchild will recognize a big reference to it in ItO
    Do you mean the dark corridors with metal walls and rows of machines in the underground, just before the player has to cross the cold and hot pipes? That looked like it could have been an area in Brainchild.

Awesome mission by the way. I absolutely loved it.

That's the place (to be precise, it comes just after the hot and cold pipes). Fun fact: all those pipes and conveyor belts were inspired by Crash Bandicoot of all things, which is about as far from Brainchild as it gets.

*Heavy Machinery's music plays*

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee
    To be honest...nothing in ItO screams pukey, if she was involved it would have been way more beautiful and defined...I don't see any similarity to any of her work. But maybe I'm wrong.
    Sure, I might be wrong and I only played Morbid Curiosity by PB. But at some point, there was a strong reference to 'Morbid Curiosity' - the words written on the stone inscription - 'Behold! The Cure for boredom is Curiosity. The Cure for Curiosity is Death'. And then the whole idea of descent into this dark and horrific reality brought similar feelings to me as descending into the Museum of Strange Creatures (or whatever it was called in MB).
    Plus, would Schlock go into the lengths of such a curtesy, saying 'he or she', if the Croissantine (again female sounding) was a male? I don't recall many currently active Dromedresses around...

But, well - the guessing game continues....

Thank you to all mission authors; happy to see my personal favorite entry, and probably FM of all times, Feast of Pilgrims at #1 : )

When i played Into the Odd a week ago i remember i found a scroll on the wall near the gate to Millhold (the street in the starting area where you have to return after you finished all the objectives) with a reference to Rocksburg. I was pretty convinced Drk is one of the authors.

Nice catch, Master of Dromed... however, Schlock is working with DrK on The Black Parade campaign, so perhaps he included this reference instead of Croissantine?

It's not only about the scroll but the architecture of the city above (not the underground one) who might be an indication that Drk is one of the authors.

I agree with the results, I would swap 2 and 3 ... 10 Little Taffers was close to being something special, it lacked clarity in certain areas....

I still wonder what happened to John9818a's mission he was working on, looked pretty neat

Big thank you to all the Authors and the organiser of the contest.
    Without your work we would not have any of this.
    Long may it continue!
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 1st Jul 2020 at 12:45. Reason: Stupid typos!

+1
    Thanks again for this great contest and these great missions!
    Congrats to all of you!

Congratulations to the winners, and a big thank you to every author of the contest

I am actually surprised, that TPOAIR has scored that low. Granted, a lot of people seemed to have had problems completing the missions, and also I had to restart the first mission, after I was about 1 hour in, yet still I found it really enjoyable, and was impressed by the architecture and atmosphere, especially of the first mission.

Congrats to all winners, participants and organizers. I was really surprised by high placement of Ten Little Taffers and a bit sad that my favorite mission in this contest (Show Off) ended near the bottom.

Some really great missions in this contest and there is no doubt that the top 3 deserved the top 3 spots. Does anyone know what happened to JarlFrank’s mission that was originally supposed to be released for the contest?

Big thank to everyone involved in creating these excellent contest missions together and for the hosting/organising. Enjoyed playing them all and really impressed with the quality of the winning entries - congratulations ! Some great tributes to the original TMA game.

Quote Originally Posted by Basso The Boxman View Post
    Some really great missions in this contest and there is no doubt that the top 3 deserved the top 3 spots. Does anyone know what happened to JarlFrank’s mission that was originally supposed to be released for the contest?
    Took a break from Dromed, but I'm getting back into it. It'll be released soon-ish!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast