TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: FM in Dromed opens without textures

FM in Dromed opens without textures

Recently, I can not correctly open FM in DromEd. Once everything worked fine, but I do not know how I broke everything. I used first FMSel, then AngelLoader.
    I launch Dromed and choose the fm folder, open miss and then I get a message that gamesys was not found. I choose it manually, but anyway the mission opens without textures and models. How to fix this?
    It seemed to me before I could run Dromed via FMSel, but now I did not find such an option there as well as in AngelLoader.

Zombified
    the gamesys message is a dead giveaway that the FM is not active. when using FMsel, running dromed.exe with the -fm param and selecting the FM in the launcher should do it, no idea about AngelLoader.

Are you opening a Thief 1 mission in Thief 2 or vice versa?

Zombified
    that usually results in a crash.

It shouldn't crash, but it will usually fail to find any custom resources. Of course the same result will happen opening any mission in a folder that Dromed doesn't expect, i.e. if it's not the active one as you said.

Same problem as Soul Tear, but I don't understand the explanation of your solution. Please run it by me in a different way?
    Trying to look at mission 17 of DCE, no textures or objects load

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    How did you install the mission? For DromEd, using FMSel is the best choice.

Yeah, I've on occasion heard of various weird issues with AngelLoader opening FMs in DromEd, but I'm at a loss - it just calls DromEd with the -fm="name-of-the-fm" parameter and it's always worked for me. I apologize if there's issues, I just dunno what the cause could be. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    How did you install the mission? For DromEd, using FMSel is the best choice.
    Install the mission? FMSel creates a folder in the FM folder in the Thief 2 folder. I opened up Dromed and selected the path to the DCE_v1 folder. As far as I can see, there is no Dromed shortcut like Darkloader used to have.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    In this case, DromEd couldn't load the gamesys. I recommend to rename DromEd. Dromeduncad.exe will do it (this is not a joke).

Zombified
    renaming the exe basically makes sure the editor will not try to open missions from another Thief install, if you have multiple installs on your computer. if you don't, just running the FM via a Dromed shortcut that has the -fm parameter (and clicking the FM in the FMsel window, and only then opening the map) is enough.

I'd probably also make sure the mission is fully extracted in the FMs folder, and no zip shenanigans are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    In this case, DromEd couldn't load the gamesys. I recommend to rename DromEd. Dromeduncad.exe will do it (this is not a joke).
    I tried this just now, but it didn't work. It says it can't find gamesys and ask Browse? So I find it for Dromed but it still fails to load textures and custom obj

What is -fm parameter

Make sure your cam_mod.ini has this line uncommented:

; always start the FM Selector (if one is present)
    fm

Otherwise, Dromed is just looking in the base game folders.

Zombified
    or just create a windows shortcut to your Dromed.exe, and pop it into the target line.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...nd+add+command

Code:
    C:\Games\T2\Dromed.exe -fm

Thanks guys. What a difference one little semi-colon can make.