TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 126267727782879297102107108109110111112
Results 2,776 to 2,799 of 2799

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    just do not hump brushes like a horny dog.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    just do not hump brushes like a horny dog.

Zombified
    the point is, exploiters gonna exploit, no stopping them. I don't mind fixing a hole in the geometry people can fall into by accident, but as soon as odd shenanigans are involved, my interest vanes quickly.

Love TFIX

I was on an older version of NewDark and just upgraded to be able to play all the 20th Anniversary missions. Upgrading (using Tfix) was as easy as pie. LOVE TFIx!!! Thankk you, thank you, thank you!!!

the point is, exploiters gonna exploit, no stopping them. I don't mind fixing a hole in the geometry people can fall into by accident, but as soon as odd shenanigans are involved, my interest vanes quickly.
    I quite agree, I just loved your turn of phrase

Was just playing assassins and trailed the guys to Ramirez place. I was playing on hard and when I exited the estate the mission ended. On hard in the past it never ended there. It gave the objective to get to your home area of the city. When and why was this changed? Or is it a bug? I have the latest tifix.

Zombified
    nothing has been changed, double check your difficulty, and maybe post saves.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Home turf/or not is vanilla goal, but not Tfix
    Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    The "Home Turf" objective only applies on hard and expert difficulty. This is a complicated goal. You can only get it if you trigger some "PhaseStatusXManager". That means, don't behave like a master thief, alert guards and servants, and run to the front door in Ramirez mansion. Then you'll get a new objective. Eventually. Or maybe not.

Zombified
    what I'm asking here is whether it's not possible to trigger the objective anymore - because if so, then it would be an issue to have a look at.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    If I remember correctly this goal is rather random. It's like rolling double 6. Maybe you're lucky or not.
    Some body needs to test this mission about 10 times in Olddark and NewDark.

Edit: I checked it. Goal#9 "Head for the safety of your neighborhood." is working in NewDark
    Alerting Ramirez is your best bet. Running and alerting everyone also works. Run through the front door and you'll get a new objective.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 19th Dec 2018 at 06:35.

Zombified
    so it looks like everything is ok - thanks.

So you have to set off an alarm or get spotted by guards...thanks! That answers that.

Right before I started playing the 20th Anniversary Contest missions I used TFix on my TG installation. I'm not sure if TFix caused this but every time I pick up something that goes into my inventory it doesn't show me what the item was. I have to scroll through my inventory to see what is different. If I open a crate the same thing happens as well as with arrows and crystals. Is there a setting I need to change to enable the inventory to switch to the picked up item?

Zombified
    yes, options/game/auto-equip ON. this has been discussed earlier - TFix will have it enabled if you use it on an unmodified oldDark install, however if the setting already exists and is set to OFF, then that will be preferred and left alone.

Little question: I use dgVoodoo2 ( a fantastic DX1-9->DX10.1 wrapper you can find here: https://www.vogons.org/viewforum.php?f=59 ) to run the game in DX6 and DX9 too (now it has the initial support to DX9).
    In DX6 (use_d3d_display commented out in cam_ext.ini) all it's fine, using the auxiliary (integrated) Intel GPU to render the game and pass the final frame to my main display connected to a GeForce 1050 Ti, 'cause you know, it's possibile in windowed mode (and very nerdy ).
    It's all automatic, cause the game window opens in the main display. So far so good!
    But in DX9 it seems that the frame can only be sent to display the rendering GPU is connected to, so I can't see the game window on my main display but I'm stuck with the Intel iGPU connected-monitor!

Anyone can help me solve this (not-so important) issue?
    Last edited by lowenz; 23rd Dec 2018 at 17:00.

yes, options/game/auto-equip ON. this has been discussed earlier - TFix will have it enabled if you use it on an unmodified oldDark install, however if the setting already exists and is set to OFF, then that will be preferred and left alone.
    Ok thanks. I never turned mine off but oddly it is off now.

Zombified
    this usually happens if you patch the GOG build - will be fixed in the next GOG update.

I patched the Steam version. I wish I hadn't lost my #2 disc from the original TG set but anyway it's working correctly now.

Not sure where to post so starting here in case this is a TFix issue... or someone who knows thief inside out can help me.

Before starting the TDP20 contest missions I renamed my Thief directory (as a backup) and then did a fresh install of Thief (C:\games\thief) and ran TFix1.26a. I compared old and new Thief directories and found miss(14-16).mis and miss(14, 16).osm files missing. Are these Thief Gold files? Anyway I unzipped TFix and copied these in to the new Thief directory.

Playing a couple of TDP20 missions and do not get sound from frobbing a harp - should there be sounds? and if so, what files could be missing? or perhaps an issue with cam_mod.ini ?

I'm also getting blue facades and blue rugs/carpets in some building in the TDP20 "Ultimate Burglary" mission - unsure if this is a mission problem or a problem with my install.

And lastly, given I'm patching a Thief TDP install to play Thief Gold FMs, are there any other files I need to copy from TFix?

Any help would be appreciated, TIA

Zombified
    I'll just confirm that some textures are indeed missing if you use a TFix patched TDP to play the FM, so the guy who did the original TG compatibility patch (which is installed if TDP is detected) didn't do a full dif, most likely.

use a proper, full TG install if your (TG) FM doesn't work properly with TDP would be my suggestion.

I'll just confirm that some textures are indeed missing if you use a TFix patched TDP to play the FM, so the guy who did the original TG compatibility patch (which is installed if TDP is detected) didn't do a full dif, most likely.

use a proper, full TG install if your (TG) FM doesn't work properly with TDP would be my suggestion.
    Ok, thanks for info. Unfortunately I don't have a TG disc, only T1 and T2. No matter, with TFix applied to my T1 install, I can play the TDP20 missions... just occasionally need to use some good old fashioned imagination when a texture is missing!

Zombified
    feel free to report it (each missing texture) as a bug (see the first post), I may fix it eventually (I didn't quite expect someone would actually use a TDP install to play modern FMs in a serious way, so not much work has been done in this area).

alternatively, you could grab TG off GOG or steam, it's like two bucks when on sale.

Sorry if this has been discussed already somewhere, even in this thread. I did a little searching but I am not going to page through a bunch of pages to find an answer. I did see an old post from like 2014 that had some details but is still somewhat vague:

So, I was wanting to see if you could elaborate a bit (I don't expect you to write a book) on what exactly is "overhauled" or changed to the original Thief Gold missions? Are we talking stuff like a light fixture not being flush with the wall, texture bugs, EAX implementation, etc. ? It sounds like the changes you've made have been along these lines, along with fixing any old bugs that were prevalent in the original release missions.

Secondly, this may be a dumb question but I just want to be sure. I have an old TFix'd install of Thief Gold but I just downloaded 1.26a. Is it okay for me to re-run TFix back over it? Should I even bother? (Can I even do that with an already TFix'd install?) I noticed a lot of changes since the version I have. (1.18 according to the notes file.)

Zombified
    pretty much yes to all.

Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 126267727782879297102107108109110111112