TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief Gold - Assassins

Thief Gold - Assassins

Is there any way to avoid turning on the alarm in this level?

Zombified
    don't do anything that will trip it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
    Is there any way to avoid turning on the alarm in this level?
    The guards trigger the alarm. If you are seen, they woll physically run to the switch. If you can stop them from switching on the alarm, they won't be able to trigger it. If the alarm is on, you can switch it off.

The best way avoid it is to avoid being seen or to blackjack the guards before they see you.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    don't do anything that will trip it?
    Yep, he's right, there's no area where you're forced to set off alarms. Where are you having trouble?

Not sure, seems like if I open a locked door, it sets off the alarm. Went into Ramirez' bedroom via the fireplace but it still went off. Haven't heard any guards shouting "taffer, etc." but maybe I've missed something. How can you switch it off?

Have you killed / knocked out any guards by now? Maybe someone is stumbling upon a body you didn't hide well enough.

Maybe, thought I had bodies hidden in shadow, but I'm darned if I'm going to start over, I've already done that about 5 or 6 times! Anyway, I've got the Sword and enough loot, just need to figure out the basement. It's been years since I played, I have the original game of Thief Gold, and my heartfelt thanks go to Voodoo 47 for posting TFix. It works perfectly with my Windows 8.1. I've been playing and playing for the last couple of days and my husband said he had heard "that sound" before. The sound of me getting killed, of course! Onwards and downwards.

The AI always seemed a little bit twitchy in this level. I played it some months ago and the alarm also went off even tough anyone should have seen me. Well the mission isn´t still to hard to finsih when the alarm is on, it is just a little bit irritating and you can´t hear all conversations in the mission.

Actually I seem to recall in my last play through infiltrating the building from the second floor and realizing by the time I had gotten to the first that the alarm was activated for no apparent reason.

Maybe it's a bug with new dark?

Quote Originally Posted by TannisRoot View Post
    If the alarm is on, you can switch it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
    How can you switch it off?
    I wasn't aware that this was possible...

Just played the mission through (again!) and was extremely careful not to be seen this time. No alarm! On my way to the next one. Stay tuned.

Zombified
    there actually was a bug in one ancient version of TFix that would make Limpy Joe the Servant trip the alarm while delivering the goods, but that was ages ago. besides, anyone using anything else than the latest and greatest is just asking for trouble.

Sorry for taking this up again...

This thread was actually the reason I registered here. I was getting really mad about random alarms inside the mansion and restarted the mission a few times. In my despair, I entered the basement as fast as I could - and actually witnessed the limpy servant attempting to place his bottle on Ramirez's desk, dropping it in the process - both Ramirez and the servant went nuts, Ramirez pushed the alarm button.
    I am playing with the newest TFIX verison.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    -Don't be seen
    -If guards see blackjacked or dead NPCs, they will be alerted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by is_it_rats_or_apes View Post
    I was getting really mad about random alarms inside the mansion and restarted the mission a few times. In my despair, I entered the basement as fast as I could - and actually witnessed the limpy servant attempting to place his bottle on Ramirez's desk, dropping it in the process - both Ramirez and the servant went nuts, Ramirez pushed the alarm button. I am playing with the newest TFIX verison.

Something is wrong with Your gamesys.dml, because this problem was solved long ago. Try this in DML file:

{dml file}

DML1

//Jumpy Ramirez
    -ObjProp -1710 "PhysType"

{/dml file}
    Last edited by Mat99; 6th Jan 2019 at 11:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    Something is wrong with Your gamesys.dml, because this problem was solved long ago. Try this in DML file:

{dml file}

DML1

//Jumpy Ramirez
    -ObjProp -1710 "PhysType"

{/dml file}
    Thank you very much, I will try it out one of these days. Nonetheless, I'm still wondering how this could occur. I just downloaded TG a few days ago (GOG), TFIX was the newest available. Not trying to "blame" anyone, I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    -Don't be seen
    -If guards see blackjacked or dead NPCs, they will be alerted as well.
    Thanks, I know that. I was (pseudo) ghosting this mission anyway, no kills, knockouts or even yellow alerts at all.

lol @ limpy,i use to run into him going back way to Ramirez from kitchen

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by is_it_rats_or_apes View Post
    I'm just curious.
    off the bat, this could happen if you patch up with TFix, apply hdmod, and NOT apply the hdmod fix.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    off the bat, this could happen if you patch up with TFix, apply hdmod, and NOT apply the hdmod fix.
    Well, since the sentence "wait, there's an hdmod fix??" just crossed my mind, this should be pretty much it...
    It's version 1.2, by the way...

Zombified
    yeah, grab the fix from the TFix topic, apply, and all saves made before Joe drops the tray should be good.

Alright, obviously I skipped reading the "installing additional mods" part... my bad. Thanks again!

Zombified
    sure thing.