TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: GoFundMe for Turtle's Family

GoFundMe for Turtle's Family

Edit for non- U.S. people - since GFM doesn't take non-U.S. credit cards or Pay Pal, you can send funds via proxy to me: My Pay Pal is fett42@gmail.com. When you send funds please put TURTLE and your screen name somewhere in the notes and let me know if the donation should be amonymous and if not, what name you want on the donation. I think PP has some type of reciept system so I'll try to make sure to get those back to everyone if you need it (lmk). Otherwise, you can see the funds donated on PP - as mentioned below I'm on thr road atm and it may take me a day or two since interwebs are sketchy out here in RV world.

Hey gang - as some of you know, Turtle's family has been struggling for some time due to his wife's medical issues. You can imagine how his passing will affect them now. I was in dire medical circumstances a few years back and TTLG helped me and my family dig out of a financial hole that would have literally left us homeless.

It's not an ask for money, I just know we have a history of taking care of our own, so if you want to help Turtle's family, there's an ongoing gofundme page set up here https://gf.me/u/ymnaxf
    Last edited by fett; 22nd Oct 2020 at 22:49.

No PayPal I don't have a credit card, they are not as ubiquitous over here as they are in the US.

EDIT: seriously, this is like the 5th GoFundMe page I've tried to donate to where I've run into this problem, they've been around for years and they still don't support PayPal. I don't like this kind of US centrism where they assume that everyone has a credit card. Sure, they support debit cards, but only American debit cards.
    Last edited by Harvester; 22nd Oct 2020 at 04:43.

Having to rely on the generosity of strangers in such circumstances is a very US centric solution too.

Thanks for the link, fett.
    Last edited by Nicker; 22nd Oct 2020 at 10:19.

Kolya speaks truth.

I'm currently headed cross country in an RV so my connection is sketchy. When I'm settled in a week or so I'll pm you guys and we'll work out something where I donate on your behalf and you can pay pal me.
    Last edited by fett; 22nd Oct 2020 at 10:31.

Thanks fett, it would be nice if I could donate with PayPal via your account.

Quote Originally Posted by fett View Post
    When I'm settled in a week or so I'll pm you guys and we'll work out something where I donate on your behalf and you can pay pal me.
    I had the same problem when a call when out for donations to keep our server going. David, very kindly, did the same thing on my behalf so I'd be glad if you could pm me too, fett.

I would go ahead and set this up right now but I'm literally driving in an RV from one campsite to amother making my way from the east coast to west this week and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up with it (sketchy internet). By next Thur I'll be settled and can do it.

Thinking about thia on the road today and I donct want to wait a week to get funds to Turtle's family. My Pay Pal is fett42@gmail.com. When you send funds please put TURTLE and your screen name somewhere in the notes and let me know if the donation should be amonymous and if not, what name you want on the donation. I'll put this info in the OP as well.

Have you ever watched Vanishing Point, fett?

Would you guys be okay with me just donating the collective funds either anonymously or as TTLG?

ja

Yes, thatís fine with me.

Nm - just saw the instructions in the PP details.

El Shagmeister
    <3