TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 2020 video thread

Chakat sex pillow
    This is from 2019, but it's still good to see a video that explores the Tobias Fünke psyche with such sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Fascinating stuff.

I really hope that we make a colony there someday. If there was a first place that we'd make one, it'd be Mars.

Your feel good video for this month

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Fascinating stuff.
    I really hope that we make a colony there someday. If there was a first place that we'd make one, it'd be Mars.
    Yeah I'd be curious to see what secrets that planet's hiding, ideally have a livestream from there one day if it's ever possible. I'm not into conspiracies, but I think there's more there than what NASA chooses to release to the public

An excellent video on The Lion King 2019 remake. Delves into a lot of stuff I'd not seen covered in many movie review videos. Like why does a movie really good financially even if it's a terrible remake, and why we get so many remakes (answer - to give the public what they want, to bring in the money so that directors can use that to fund their passion projects). Very interesting. I completely agree with many of the opinions in the video, like the loss of visible emotion in the CGI versions of the animals vs the original cartoon ones etc.

Guy tries to get his stolen Banksy appraised on Antiques Roadshow. Embarrassment ensues

Somebody in the comments was asking if the fungus will go on a live tour, and I think that's a fantastic idea. I love that anything that can oscillate an electric potential can play a synth.

That Victorian couple reminds me of an old member here. Y'all remember Fred Chook? He used to have a Steampunk blog that was full on batshit all-things-Victorian-all-the-time, and he actually looked a lot like this guy in it. I can't find it now, but that video reminds me of it a lot, or heaps as you'd say in his refined Ozzie speak.

Edit: Oh, I found it! www.frillyshirt.org Okay, so he doesn't look like the guy as much as I was imagining remembering. But there's still a fair bit of Victoriana packed in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frilly Shirt
    BIOGRAPHIE

A brief portrait of the Author & his Contemporaries, for the discerning Reader.

Sir Frederick Chook is a foppish, transcendentalistic historian and the author of FrillyShirt. He lives variously by his wits, hand to mouth, la vie bohème, and in MELBOURNE with his wife, Ms Tanah Merah. When not reading Milton and eating Stilton, he writes, ponders, doodles, delves into dusty archives, and gads about town. He has been a police clerk, a student radio DJ, a parliamentary candidate and a guest lecturer, and is presently working in the field of G.L.A.M. He is a longhair, aspiring to one day be a greybeard. He has, once or twice, been described as “as mad as a bicycle.”

FrillyShirt is a compilation of articles, stories, essays, poems, reviews, photographs, artworks, questions, travelogues, diatribes, spirit journeys, cartoons, ululations and celebrations by Sir Frederick, his friends, and contributing readers.

Sir Frederick’s favourite colour is all of them.

Admirers interested in a more comprehensive examination of his tastes and views may refer to his collected Lettres, or submit a question by telegram.
    Last edited by demagogue; 26th Nov 2020 at 22:56.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Edit: Oh, I found it! www.frillyshirt.org Okay, so he doesn't look like the guy as much as I was imagining remembering. But there's still a fair bit of Victoriana packed in there.
    Love it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12