TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526

Thread: What are you kicking?

Still waiting for Tangiers.

Yup.

I have been following the dev's personal Twitter for a while (because the official Tangiers account seems to have been abandoned), but no talk about Tangiers at all lately -- except a pinned tweet, from last year, saying that there is now a small team working on it. I assume they are still at it, but an official update would be nice. Apparently there is also a secret project in the works, but I have no idea what that is about.

I am a complete sucker for cyberpunk. Especially if it's an RPG.

Along comes Cyber Knights and I was all over that. Cyberpunk setting, squad based combat (like the HBS Shadowrun's) and a upgradable base. Sure count me in. Early backers get the game for $15.

Moderator and Priest
    I love it when the "What Are You Making" and "What Are You Kicking" threads line up. When I see them, I immediately say "whattah ya buy'n" out loud.

Was looking good until I saw they sold non-cosmetic exclusive game content as part of the tiers.

Thing What Kicks
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Along comes Cyber Knights and I was all over that.
    If you've not played it yet, their previous game, Star Traders: Frontiers, is a corker.

I think I backed that one. And a Steam search reveals - Nope that was Halcyon 6 - Starbase Commander, which I've yet to try out.

Besides Tangiers, I'm kicking Cyan's Firmament, with reports coming in regularly, and Onevision's DYSTOA, with no reports at all nor any social media activity the last three months, and last update on DYSTOA was late 2018, so not sure what's going on there (they do have two games out, so they aren't completely unknown)). I also kicked Skookum Art's The Pedestrian, which just got released and their reports were exemplary through out.

Something completely different, but I pledged to the Kickstarter for a Sous Vide device, which finally arrived at the beginning of 2020. I think I might just take it for a test drive this weekend. Poached eggs, baby!

Don't know if I'll be kicking it yet, but Jeff Vogel is back, this time with a remaster for Geneforge: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...orge-1-mutagen

Geneforge is one of my favourite games of his right after Exile 3 (and maybe Nethergate) and I think it still holds up, if you can get it to run on your operating system. It was after this game series he started with all the remakes and the more streamlined stuff like Avadon that started tasting a bit too bland for my liking. His better games, though, are like a can of Pringles crisps AKA crack in a cardboard tube -- not a substantial meal by any means, but a good light-weight snack that you won't even notice how fast they're gone.

Level 10,000 achieved

get in my SAUNA!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...etro-aesthetic

The most Finnish game since My Summer Car. Had to back it.

also currently backing this slick-looking 1-bit platformer Garlic, which has 65 hours left on the clock.

The Sauna2000 trailer made me burst out laughing multiple times, so I decided that was a good enough reason to back it.

Here's some CoSaS trivia nobody except me cares about: Byron's voice actor was going to be Finnish, to honor the several Finnish members on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Don't know if I'll be kicking it yet, but Jeff Vogel is back, this time with a remaster for Geneforge: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...orge-1-mutagen

Geneforge is one of my favourite games of his right after Exile 3 (and maybe Nethergate) and I think it still holds up, if you can get it to run on your operating system. It was after this game series he started with all the remakes and the more streamlined stuff like Avadon that started tasting a bit too bland for my liking. His better games, though, are like a can of Pringles crisps AKA crack in a cardboard tube -- not a substantial meal by any means, but a good light-weight snack that you won't even notice how fast they're gone.
    Oh, I'm sad I missed this one. Though I wish he hadn't added a colon and subtitle to the game's name. If Doom, of all games, can reuse the same name, so can Vogel's little games.

Doom's publisher has vastly more resources to make sure people and search engines know the difference (and that it's a new thing). I think this is also the reason he switched to Avernum from Exile (IMO a much superior title).

Today I backed Terra Invicta, by the makers of the "Long War" mod for XCOM (Firaxis). This one is more in the 4X Masters of Orion style mold, but still deals with an alien invasion setting, but on more broader scale. You'll need to vecture beyond Earth, build up a fleet and so on. Sounds quite interesting.

Link:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ef=thanks-copy

I got an update on Tangiers today - sounds like the team that worked on Paratopic is now working on Tangiers. They go by the name Arbitrary Metric, appears to be 4 people in total, plus freelancers. That's good news, although I'm not holding my breath or anything. They claim there will be another update in mid January.

LittleFlower
    Thanks for the update.
    This year I find it hard to find new games to play. For some reason. The new Pathologic was not for me. Scorn is still not released.

Tangiers was the 3rd game I was hoping to be good. It always sounded like it would be a game I would really want to play. Let's hope for the best. Let us know if there's more news. Thanks.

LittleFlower
    RPS did a short story on Tangiers:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/202...ort-paratopic/
    When Brethren wrote "the team that worked on Paratopic", I didn't know what Paratopic was. It's a game.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/897030/Paratopic/
    Although I prefer games with state-of-the-art graphics, I think I will buy and try Paratopic. If only to support Alex Harvey.
    He made a post about the current state:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/3018773

Short impression of the atmosphere of the environment in Tangiers:

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526