TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Halo: The Master Chief Collection

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo Reach is available on Steam and Windows 10. Halo 1-4, ODST will be released piecemeal as they're ported over in timeline chronological order, not release order. You can rent it for $1-5 right now through Xbox Game Pass.

Finished replaying the Halo Reach campaign this morning. It's truly glorious to experience on PC with all the platform's perks. No shitty motion blur; high + consistent framerates; missions I struggled with back in the day on 360 I streamrolled with KB+M.

343 Industries and Splash Damage doing God's work out here. MS gave us a beautiful early Xmas present.

No achievements unlocking for me with the UWP Game Pass version. I filled a support ticket but it's not a deal breaker for me.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

MCC is discounted by 20% on Steam until April 7th. Halo 1 is out BTW.

Achievements are actually popping for me in the Steam version. The UWP Win10 version (on Game Pass) was such junk! It's been 8 years but it's still Win32 > UWP.

Chakat sex pillow
    Speaking of achievements, I got one for completing the Halo campaign after I finished the first level. I then got achievements for every level that wasn't the level I was playing at the time for the rest of my playthrough. They sure do pop.

I hope their recent progress on fixing Reach's sound isn't halted. The game's playable but a mess in the audio department, which is sad given Halo as a series has always had great sound.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    I hope their recent progress on fixing Reach's sound isn't halted. The game's playable but a mess in the audio department, which is sad given Halo as a series has always had great sound.
    The audio fixes are being tested now.
    https://archive.fo/2vnWA

PC Gamering Smartey Man

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1257...114935810?s=19
    Halo 2 out May 12th! Worst of the classic series, but still much better than most recent games, including Destiny 2.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I was used to playing Reach and Halo 1 where you've got percentage health + a recharging shield. It took me a little while to readjust to only having shields.

Jesus, they beat Miranda with the ugly stick in the remaster. They made her look middle-aged too.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Halo 2 Anniversary is a terrific graphical upgrade! (IMO)

As with H1A, I'm still not a fan of the sound rework. Is there an option to have a mix and match of the new graphics with the old sounds with H2A? 🤔

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Apparently Halo 2 MCC has had broken dual-wielding for Elite enemies since launch... modders fixed it within a week of it being on PC. Oh wow, LOL!

343 Industries deserves their reputation within the community.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I got into the Halo 3 beta test. It looks and runs great IMO. They'll probably drop H3 in July.

The other Halos had some problems, but was in Halo 3 beta and everything feels perfect rn. I got good feelings bout this one's launch.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

"There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?"

PC Gamering Smartey Man

ODST closed beta. Runs and plays like a dream. Finished version is probably out 3 weeks from now.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Nov 17th, lez go!

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/halo-...november-17th/

Terrific campaign IMO. It should look and play fantastic on PC, it looked great graphically even on X360 IMO.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Halo 4 is out now. Update finally granted MCC PC basic graphical options like anisotropic filtering. They've also added cross-platform PVP MP (PC<>Xbox) and input-based matchmaking (eg choice of not playing with aimbot controller users).

PC Gamering Smartey Man

So happy to finally have a Halo with sprint (as a standard feature, not a pick-up). 2012 game, still looking great IMO.

I'm thinking of getting this collection (or maybe buy the individual games one by one), I doubt my PC will handle Halo 4 well (unless I turn the detail level way down), but the first couple of games (by release order) should play just fine when I look at the system requirements. I've only ever played Halo 1 and remember having fun with it. I found the gameplay highly refined and very enjoyable, though the level design is sometimes repetitive.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    but the first couple of games (by release order) should play just fine when I look at the system requirements
    Actually Halo 2 is the most demanding game in the collection, because they did a full remake for Xb1 in 2014. It shipped with original the Xb1 MCC.

The other games in the collection are all X360 ports, i.e. optimised for 2005 hardware console (so probably equal to a 2006/2007 PC GPU. 360 was one of the rare consoles that was technologically ahead of PC graphics for a short while IIRC.). X360/PS3 gen was abnormally long for a console lifecycle because of the fallout from the 2008 global recession.