TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Expensive items

Expensive items

Whats the point of having an item that has a value of 50k, if you cant sell it for that to anyone?

Simply put friend; those items you refer to are mainly (it appears) purposed for trade in high priced spell-making and enchanting. Many spells and enchantments will run upwards of 50,000 gold. My advice concerning such matters is that you only enchant/spell-make with merchants who trade as well.

You can easily sell it to someone. You just need some time.
    The two people to sell your large-value items to are Creeper (in Caldera) and the Talking Mudcrab (somewhere else, some far-flung island. He's not worth the trip).

The only catch is that if you're selling something worth 50k, that he (Creeper or the Mudcrab) needs to have at least 45k worth of Inventory that you've already sold him, otherwise you'll be losing money.

The basic concept is this:
    1. "Trade" him your 50k sword for 45k worth of inventory, plus 5k gold. That is, "sell" him your big sword, then "buy" 45k worth of stuff. Keep experimenting with what you buy and what you sell until you reach exactly 5,000 owed you (10,000 for the Mudcrab).
    2. Complete the transaction and rest for 24 hours. The merchant will have his bankroll back, and you do it again.

I'm not sure, but I think the devs wanted to make the game more realistic and not like other rpgs... You don't sell all your junk to the nearest merchant for coins, but you trade them for more valuable items(isn't that the meaning of barter?)

Its kinda weird how everyone is so used to the other rpg economy, even though its really unrealistic. I mean when people use the creeper/mudcrab thing, they end up having more money than all the npcs on the island combined.

Originally posted by Kilana
    I mean when people use the creeper/mudcrab thing, they end up having more money than all the npcs on the island combined.
    That made me think of this, Kilana.