TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: To kill a King and sieze a ring.

To kill a King and sieze a ring.

Soon after I began playing Morrowind I realized certain aspects of the AI were easily exploitable... to make a short story shorter, I killed Dagoth Ur before I was level 20... with little or no damage received on my part, Almalexia and the Daedric Prince of Blood Moon received similar fates. (Notice when one jumps over a creature how confused they become... and those only capable of melee when one sits perched up against the ceiling dropping arrows onto their skull)

However, despite all my accomplishments I have yet to acquire one thing: The ring worn by the Dunmer King who resides in Mournhold. This ring is by far more powerful in defense than any armor. It is truly a unique item.

The ring resists all magic and replenishes life/stamina 10 points per second. I could perhaps stab the king with the Black Hands Dagger, pay the forty gold-piece fine for assault and wait until he dies, (stab him again if need be) then pay the 1000 gold fine for murder and collect my trophy... Unfortunately, related to previous mention, the ring's anti-magic property negates the use of the Black Hands Dagger or any other weapon of such nature, leaving me with one known option: to kill he who wears the ring and his entire bodyguard with a clean blade, yet this would sever the thread of "destiny" so to speak, and set in motion a doomed path.

I am doubtful many know of this ring and further doubtful many have killed he and his bodyguard to discover its exists. (for that is how I discovered its existence)

If there is one so bold who has uncovered a method of extraction without use of lethal force... let he make known his marvel... for I am baffled.

-Actalo
    Last edited by actalo; 28th Oct 2003 at 20:24.

Originally posted by actalo
    I am doubtful many know of this ring and further doubtful many have killed he and his bodyguard to discover its exists. (for that is how I discovered its existence)
    Not so
    Do a Search and you'll find a bunch more threads about the king's ring.
    If there is one so bold who has uncovered a method of extraction without use of lethal force... let he make known his marvel... for I am baffled.
    I tried to pickpocket him about 20 times. I have 100 sneak, 100 security, and a total of over 100 chameleon engaged... and still couldn't do it.

I just ended up killing him with conventional weapons (a combination of the Daedric Crescent and Skullcrusher, IIRC) and looting his lifeless husk. I'm not sure you can get his ring any other way.

In the end I relented, disguised myself as a werewolf, killed the king, escaped his bodyguards and hid in the basement where I could regain my elf form. Unfortunately, his bodyguards still see me as his attacker despite managing to transmute unnoticed. Has there been another to try this method? If so... did his bodyguards continue to attack after returning to original form?

-Actalo

Haven't tried doing Tribunal after Bloodmoon, but that's a darn great idea. Darn, darn great. Assuming you could figure out a way to get the guards to not associate you with the wolfie king-killer.

I killed him after I beat Tribunal. None of his bodyguards attacked me... I jumped on top of his throne and shot arrows at him until I got bored. Then I got down and killed him.

All said; the main problem is the act of killing the King itself. If the next official expansion involves the King, those carrying the ring.... are officially SOL.

You could always use the TES3 editor to spawn a new copy of the ring for your use.

They won't make another expansion that requires Tribunal, if they even make one at all. I don't think another expansion is planned though.

I believe that after the Tribunal main quest is complete, you can taunt the king into attacking you.

Also, RyushiBlade is correct - there are no more official expansions planned.