TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Available voice actors

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I did Benny for Cell 6, so check it out and if it's close enough, email me the lines.

Put me in line next...I would like a shot at it.

If I went into Thief2 or Thief Gold, or even Thief...which directory would I go to, and how are the files stored? I have several voices I would like to try on some sample lines to get a direction and a profession that would be useful to you folks before I go full tilt at the wrong windmill.

Look in the RES folder (CRFS in T1/G I believe) and you'll see a bunch of .crf files, which are just renamed ZIP archives. Open snd.crf in your ZIP program and you'll see a bunch of subfolders, one per voice set plus a few others for sound FX and the like. Benny is the voice of guard3.

Edit:
    I uploaded one of Benny's lines from Cell 6 here: http://www.wearytaffer.com/storage/v...dros_Benny.mp3
    Last edited by Yandros; 16th Jan 2017 at 20:00.

Look in your Thief folders for RES...short for resources. All game resources are in there. Snd.crf will be the sound folder. The .crf is just a zip file. I just rename it snd.zip and extract.

EDIT: seriously Russ?

Guess we should start calling you "SlowFoxx".

I need a Voice Actor for my Upcoming FM. I need the same Voice as the Eye from Thief 1.

I checked out the YouTube clip, and I could do that all day long! Send me a script!

Looking for voice actors

I'm looking for a few voice actors for my TDP 20th anniversary contest entry (working title: "The Newbridge Mission").

The table below lists the characters I need to cast, and the number of lines each has to say. More explanation below.

If you are potentially interested in doing voicework for my mission, and have availability between now and the end of October, please get in touch either by PM or email (my email address is in my profile), and I'll send you the mission details and the script so you can see what it's all about.

Edit: Roles with * are currently filled or spoken for. That leaves only Garrett. If you do a great Garrett impression and would be up for it, please get in touch.

Code:
    CHARACTER                # LINES    GROUP    OM CHARACTER
    *A Hammerite                3         A      hammer2
    *A Guard                    3         A      guard2
    *Benny                      6         B      guard3
    *Sergeant                   5         B      guard1
    *Another Hammerite          2         C      hammer3
    *Hammerite Priest           2         C      hammer1
    *Thief 1                    3         D      thief1
    *Thief 2                    2         D      thief2
    *A Keeper                   9         E      --
    *Lady d.R., a noblewoman   14         E      --
    Garrett                    37         E      garrett
    Group: characters in the same group have conversations with each other, which usually flow better with different actors. If you're interested in doing multiple characters, those from different groups is preferable.

OM Character: this is the name of the folder extracted from Thief Gold's snd.crf that this character will use for their incidental voicework (grunts, mumbles, pain, combat and so on). Consider it a rough idea of what each character should sound like.
    Last edited by vfig; 11th Sep 2018 at 21:11.

I'd love to do one (or more, depending on how many others volunteer) role(s). I have no idea how to actually listen to the voice files in Dromed since StinkyKitty and I haven't reached that stage yet, but a combination of the Thief wiki and my memory of who says what lines, I think there are a few things I could pull off:
    hammer2 OR guard2
    guard1 (this is assuming that it's the guard who usually gets paired with Benny in the OMs)
    A Keeper

I can't remember offhand who hammer3 is, but if it's Stephen Russel's Hammerite voice, I can do that one pretty well.

I can't guarantee the audio quality I usually have because I'm currently spending most of my time in a university dorm and the acoustics haven't been ideal so far. I can think of a couple of ways to counteract that, but I'll only know when I try.

Quote Originally Posted by McTaffer View Post
    I'd love to do one (or more, depending on how many others volunteer) role(s).
    Great! Please PM me an email address so I can send you the script and other relevant info.

I have no idea how to actually listen to the voice files in Dromed
    This bit is easy: just copy res\snd.crf to snd.zip and then you can use your favourite zip program (or Windows itself I think these days) to extract it. All the crf files are just zip files in disguise.

guard1 (this is assuming that it's the guard who usually gets paired with Benny in the OMs) ... I can't remember offhand who hammer3 is, but if it's Stephen Russel's Hammerite voice, I can do that one pretty well.
    Guard1 is usually paired with Benny, yeah. For example, in the conversation in Bafford's basement about stopping thieves before they get inside. But Hammer3 is Joffrey Spaulding's; Hammer1 (who I have here as the priest) is Stephen Russell.

I doubt you can get him to respond as he's really retreated from the community, but Fen does the absolute best elderly Hammerite priest (hammer1) ever. He voiced Brother Thaddeus in DCE and a similar character in mission 4 of Godbreaker.

Yeah, Fen's hammer1 voice is brilliant. I've been watching a bunch of his LPs lately, and there was one in particular where he was continually exclaiming "By the Builder's hand!". But, since I've only given the priest two measly lines, it's not worth trying to get him on board just for that.

I'll do two measly lines if you provide me with ten gala luncheons, a fifty-three foot trailer with gold plated carpeting, a Lamborghini LM002, ten thousand tons of heroin, and an eighty million dollar advance.

Well dang it, I just sold my fifty-three foot trailer with gold-plated carpets yesterday!

And I must say, gold plated carpeting isn't all it's cracked up to be. I swear, every time I try to rearrange the furniture the finish gets scratched. Hosting parties is a nightmare.

Just an update to day that all the roles except Garrett are currently filled or spoken for (thanks to Yandros, McTaffer, Shadow Creepr, and masterthief3).

So I'm still looking for a Garrett.

My Voice Work, now with Many More Missions!

At the wise advice of The Phantom, I've updated my Main Bio Link. I've done a round dozen more missions, and am happy to voice your characters in donated work, because I just love doing this stuff. Visit my site at www.everybodyandme.com. You can hear a full voice real of my Dark Mod / Gold work at The Dark Reel on YouTube.

Late to the party, but please consider me if Garrett is not yet done. Visit www.everybodyandme.com and check out The Master Thief and Dark Reel demos!

Thanks, AndrosTheOxen — I filled the Garrett role about four weeks ago now, but totally forgot to post here to mention it. I apologise for not clearing that up sooner.

Archivist
    As some of you already noticed, there is a huge disbalance in the ratio men-female voice actors. There are +20 male voice actors listed. With the tragic death of MsLedd, only 3 female voice actors remain.

I don't know if this is actually a problem, but it should't be a bad thing to have a broader selection. If anyone knows of someone who has an interest in doing voices for FMs, do encourage her to come forward

She is pretty busy, but Hipbreaker's wife has done voice acting for me in the past and also for someone else's upcoming contest mission. She's not listed here, but if you need samples you can listen to the voice lines for Vivian in Waterfront Racket. You would have to contact her via Hipbreaker.

Hi all - with the Thief 2 contest getting underway, I'd like to add myself to the list of available male voice talent. I voiced Garrett for vfig's Making A Profit during last year's TDP contest. Since then, I've invested in better recording equipment and studio space, and have worked with a few different authors and directors (to get my money's worth out of those upgrades!) That said, for contest purposes, I'm offering my services on a volunteer basis and for any purpose whatsoever. I can do Garrett, a Benny, or any other voice simulacrum you might need. I'll voice a burrick, if you'd like!

My initial demo reel can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36CungB0Ik and you can find links to my email address and personal website in the description. If you want to see something with a little more range, hopefully I'll have some Very Big Acting I can share in the coming weeks. I'd prefer contact by email, but if you message me here, I should catch it. Thanks, and good luck with the FMs!!

What record voice would you recommend to buy to do my voice acting ?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910