TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 7576267727782879297102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2701

Thread: What are you making?

Moderator and Priest
    Jesus, that's Doom 3?

There's so much that's been added in the Darkmod code that it's not just the Doom3 engine anymore. But I think the magic here is more in the assets than the rendering anyway.

Moderator and Priest
    It's a bit of Column A, but of Column B. The assets are great, no doubt, but the lighting looks a lot softer and more diffuse than what I'm used to seeing out of Doom 3.

The shaders are still pretty much Doom 3. TDM uses interpolation to get soft shadows now, and there's an initial shadow maps implementation as well, but there are no shadow casting lights in this scene. I like this way of lighting the scene but I'll have to tweak it when AI and objects are present.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Current Stilt Fella feature I'm working on... 100 PLAYER LOCAL HOTSEAT MULTIPLAYER

Moderator and Priest
    You know, multiplayer Stilt Fella would about the funniest, most awesome thing ever. You could have 4 player stilt races, stilt obstacle courses, and all that good stuff.

Stilt Royale, anyone?

Moderator and Priest
    Defense of the Stilt Fellas.

Or better yet...

Stiltablo IV.

Stilt Royale: The Last One Standing.

The Stilt Dome: Four stilts enter. Two stilts leave.

Level 10,000 achieved
    *adds all of these to Stilt Fella DLC ideas list*

Here's another one: Fella Kombat. Come for the stilts, stay for the fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    The Stilt Dome: Four stilts enter. Two stilts leave.
    Aaand dema wins.

Moderator and Priest
    His was pretty good. I'd give him a +1 if I could.

Haven't posted anything here lately, I've mostly been throwing WIPs into the void that is Twitter's #gamedev tag.

I've been working on a custom editor, using Unreal's editor widgets and editor scripting, for the "Bark Engine" (e.g. AI broadcast system) that I started a couple of months ago.
    The way I'd originally set it up, making the voice sets was a huge, unintuitive pain, involving manually editing a giant spreadsheet table.

Now, I've spent far too long making this:

While I want to use this for my own game projects, the plan is also to put it up on the Unreal Engine Marketplace once it's finished.

On my end, am contemplating doing work on my Dragon's Lair NES Remake (Dragon's Castle) into something else. I worked on that project for 2 years. Be nice to be able to sell it. It will be needing all game art to be redone though and I suck at art so only a maybe.

Moderator and Priest
    Pixel art's one of those things that's actually fairly easy to get into, even if you don't have much of a base to start out with. Start out by copying other bits of pixel art you like, preferably something fairly simple in style that's easy to grasp, then attempt to change things around a bit so your stuff doesn't look so much like an obvious copy. Slowly, you'll find yourself getting better at it.

You've already builty something of a foundation with 8-bit pixel art through Dragon's Castle. That's a good place to start out at, since most Nintendo style sprites and tiles have a limited number of colors you can use, and a resolution large enough you can do a lot with a little.

Earlier in the week, I started out by firstly separating all the tile art into the levels where they were first introduced. That way, if I settle on a replacement tile then I can swap it over in seconds. What I've been doing is loading it up in photoshop with the original on the left side of screen, then I try and make my own version of it. Tricky part is making it look like what the tiles were for, but different to the originals visually.

Still the tile art is the easy part. It's when it's enemy and player sprites since you need to have walking animations that look like actual walking.

The player sprites for example has 6 sprites per direction, another 6 per direction for crouching and 6 per direction for when in gravity wells (where the player drifts through the air). The good side is that I'd already made my own art in places. So for those, they can all stay in as is. The plan if I go ahead with this, is to do:

1. Tile art first
    2. Player sprites
    3. Enemy sprites

After that is the easy stuff like making new music (which I find really easy to do nowadays), complete removal of any sound effects, levels and music from the original. Then add any new things I want to add. Having played through Dragon's Castle a few times, I think it has some good gameplay to it, and is the best thing I've produced. Better than Bipolar maybe. So be good to have it out there properly. It's just finding the motivation and time to do it.

Moderator and Priest
    You should check out Aseprite. It might help you out a bit.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah Aseprite's a great lil tool, cheap too.

This weekend I'm participating in the Global Game Jam, this year's theme is "Repair". I'll have something new for y'all to play tomorrow this time.

For that I'd either have done:

A) - A platformer like Wreck it Ralph on the Nintendo DS, where you have interchangeable characters. Ralph who wrecks things, and then the other character who fixes them.
    B) - Top down game where you have a squad of guys, and have to try and fix as many things within a set time limit.

Aseprite looks quite interesting. Will have to try it out.
    Last edited by icemann; 2nd Feb 2020 at 01:52.

Level 10,000 achieved
    My initial idea was a First Person mechanic- or appartment flipper-sim. But those have been done before, luckily some of the other jammers had more unique ideas, and this is what we ended up going with:

Patch Pots - A Physics-Based Pottery Puzzle!

Collaborated with local game-dev Henri Tervapuro (from Platonic Partnership) and gamedesign student Lina Railio. This is the first time I've worked this closely with other people on a game, so that was a fun experience.

edit: fixed download link on GGJ page.
    Last edited by henke; 2nd Feb 2020 at 21:45.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Patch Pots is now playable online!

https://henke.itch.io/patch-pots

Y'know, in case you wanna get around to finally playing it and telling me what a good job I did or something like I dunno I mean it's not like I even neeeeed validation or anything I just thought it might be fun for u guys to play it or whatever i dont even need to hear what a good boy i am
    Last edited by henke; 4th Feb 2020 at 12:56.

Nice job henke! At first I thought it would be nice and soothing to put pots back together perfectly. But you can never be perfect... and it gets hard quick, and ends up being kind of unsettling!

Chakat sex pillow
    Yep, I imagine the number-obsessed would be slightly queasy at how the percentages never reach 100%. I thought it would be soothing too, but the audio cues ramp up pretty quickly. Wouldn't mind some chill lo-fi tunez to go with it.

Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 7576267727782879297102103104105106107108109 LastLast