TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: update - LG Classics rises from the ashes - Aug.3, 2008

update - LG Classics rises from the ashes - Aug.3, 2008

see page 3 posts from July 2008
    Last edited by raph; 3rd Aug 2008 at 10:38. Reason: resurrection

If there are problems I can image the original CD.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I hadn't seen that "Behind the scenes"-footage before. Very cool.

I've already played the game with my friends' CD, couldn't get the abandonware version of Bioforge from Underdogs, or TerraNova from LGSClassics to work. Anyway I could just get this "behind the scenes" stuff?

So has anyone tested this yet?

(even in DOSBox?)

Dial-up internet == Would prefer not to download 60MB for nothing :)

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGodPan
    Any way I could just get this "behind the scenes" stuff?
    http://www.freylia.net/lgclassics/dl.html

Thaar. The "behind the scenes" thingy is mostly in German tho. But they show of early builds of the Dark Engine and shit, so it's cool.

It's in German, but there are English subtitles available just below it. (the *.smi file)

What happened with Terra Nova?

is it supposed to give disc in drive d: not found error or something like that when running install?

or is it just the old stupid code that can't imagine i have a dvd-rom drive?

Damn

No, I had the same error. The odd thing being that when I did place the disc in a drive actually called D, it then told me it couldn't find drive F...

googled:
    this might be of some help:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/tech/te...epinstallation

Fond memories of this game. Good story, good puzzles. I tried to reļnstall it a couple of years ago, failed miserably. But dosbox might be a good reason to give installing it another try.

FYI

I've just been told that the LGC copy of Crusader: No Regret is actually a clone of Crusader: No Remorse. I'll check that this weekend, but if it's the case I'll have to take it out.

In other news, although it doesn't really belong to gaming, the original LG Classics had all the Tribe albums, Here at the Home, Abort and Sleeper. The three of them, as well as other goodies (photos & lyrics) are back online at http://lgclassics.freylia.net/tribe/

addink, thanks for the tip I'll try it as soon as I'm back home

Looking Glass Classics Update!

New stuff:
    • British Open Championship Golf is now available in its full version, thanks to Shadowcat.
    • To compensate the loss of FU2 downloads, the FU2 trailer (a bonus in BOCG) has been uploaded as a separate bonus item.
    • Another video bonus (big one though), the Thief 2: TMA making-of found in Thief Gold is there as well.

Updated/Modified:
    • The Tribe section, which was invisible if you didn't know the link, is now visible.
    • Bioforge has now its pdf manual, as well as a separate setup guide. (thanks to z-vap for the manual, to addink for the setup guide).
    • The relation between the *smi file and the Behind the Scenes video is explained more clearly.
    • Material now sorted by type (PC, N64, other...).

That's about it, for the time being...

ta o/

Quote Originally Posted by raph
    [*] British Open Championship Golf is now available in its full version, thanks to Shadowcat.
    W00t! :)

Anyone grabbing this, make sure you're not looking at a cached version of the page before you download :) (the link should read "British_Open_Championship_Golf_full_iso.zip - size: 755 957 408b NEW!")

(raph, you'll probably get that file size down if you use bzip2 to compress it, as with most of the other files there. Or even 7-Zip (which will generally make the smallest files, but would take rather a long time to do on a file that size).

The 7-Zip software will actually give you the option to create .bz2 archives as well as .7z and even .zip (it actually tends to make slightly smaller zips than other programs), so it's a pretty handy one-stop-shop for this sort of thing. Once installed, the easiest way to use it is to just select and right-click the file(s) you wish to compress in Explorer and choose "Add to archive". Note that you want a very fast CPU to use the highest compression levels for .7z/LZMA.

[*] Bioforge has now its pdf manual, as well as a separate setup guide. (thanks to z-vap for the manual, to addink for the setup guide).
    So has anyone successfully run this copy of Bioforge yet? I queried it last time, but have only seen posts from people who had problems :/ Dial-up user in download limbo...

I downloaded the Bioforge image from LGClassics this afternoon and as far as I can make out the ISO is woefully incomplete. The program can be run using DOSbox but will crash out right at startup because the intro movie (SHOW/INTRO.SHO) is missing.

Looking around on *cough* other channels I see that an ISO for this game should be around 170mb, not the 60mb it is on LGClassics, so somebody's clearly been too zealous trimming it down and didn't bother testing if the game still worked afterwards. I'm grabbing one of the plumper ISOs and will try to get it working.

Not sure if it's an uncommon thing, but I have the original Bioforge CD and will provide the missing files or a new ISO if needed. if I can find it

I have my Bioforge CD right here, uncompressed it's 166MB large. I can image it up and upload it if someone points me to a destination.

I'll send you the login to the LGC ftp.

So that's why it always failed then. :/
    I'll try the new compression tools, I usually do my internet stuff on the laptop, which has a P4 3.2 HT, so it should be fast enough... Thanks
    (Now all I have to do is find the CDs where I archived all the LGC stuff )

I've uploaded it to my personal HTTP server, I'll send you the link to the file via PM. I'm not sure how fast it'll be, I'm also sending a 4GB file to someone else. *g*

Got the link Will download/upload it tomorrow.

Crusader series update: I finally found the time to compare No Remorse and No Regret, and they really are two copy of No Remorse, only one has a tad more files than the other. I'll have to take it out and look for No Regret elsewhere.

i have no regret sitting right here on the shelf.

i could upload it
    Last edited by NoOne; 23rd Jan 2006 at 13:34.

That would be great! Check your PM box

El Shagmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    i have no regret right here sitting on the shelf. i could upload it
    But do you regret it when you get down from there?

NoOne just informed me that Crusader: No Regret is now available! This time it's for real

Yay! Thanks NoOne and raph!

Starts downloading Crusader: No Regret.

EDIT: When I try to download Bioforge Manual, I get 404 Not Found-error page.
    Last edited by The Brain; 25th Jan 2006 at 08:22.

You might want to update the filesize of the Bioforge archive in the first post too, I had to check the site to see that it had indeed been replaced with a complete version now.

Edit: Actually you might want to change the entire link as it's broken Should be http://lgclassics.freylia.net/BioForge.iso.bz2.

(PS for those who are wondering: the 90mb bz2 extracts to a 170mb ISO.)
    Last edited by Vigil; 25th Jan 2006 at 12:43.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast