TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: Forbidden Rites

I didn't need spells etc!

When I first found the scroll telling you how to get past the spelled door to the crypt area, I thought I would leave it til last until I got every thing needed.

I didn't need any of it at all!
    spoiler:
    I accidently found a secret passage to the crypt behind some crates in the generator section under the building. Went in and out the same way.

Sneaky map with lots of alternatives. Good stuff.

teemac (Australia)

thnx Mosley, i just didn't noticed i had
    spoiler:
    a vial
    with me already...

if i checked, maybe i'd figure out what to do.
    well, i can't even remember where i found it

Quote Originally Posted by JacekA
    Two questions:
    1. Where is the portcullis? I have the key but don't remember using it.
    2. I'm misssing two secrets - maybe they complete the rest of the loot (200).
    Jacek, with portcullis key i opened
    spoiler:
    a gate close to the starting point, and that was it. frankly i have no idea what this key is actually for because you can get to that area couple of other ways.

teemac,

spoiler:
    I moved the crates as well and noticed what appeared to be a door, but couldn't find a switch. How did you open that pasage?

Thanx

Dominoid:
    spoiler:
    Search the wall very carefully there's a small switch to open the door.

A very nice mission this, I loved the crypt area. Almost done but I'm missing 1 secret and 150 of the total loot. Secrets found so far:

spoiler:
    1) Compartment behind wardrobe in Cavador's room
    2) Compartment behind painting in Hammer Priest's room
    3) Passage to Generator Room via Guard's bar-room
    4) Passage to crypt via Generator room.

I noticed what might be a secret door going down the stairs from the main entrance of the fortress to the laboratory area, but couldn't find any way to open it.

Viscon ,

Regarding the
    spoiler:
    blood vial

What about
    spoiler:
    the cold storage room ?

Fist and sword
    Mosley

[QUOTE=Emerald Wolf]Dominoid:
    spoiler:
    Search the wall very carefully there's a small switch to open the door.

i totally do not see this switch... have looked all over the walls...also could not find
    spoiler:
    secret in cavador's room

i hate it when i ask...and then while waiting go look around again...and POOF...it manifests...cuz wasn't there before!!!
    spoiler:
    it is on the wall to the right for those who are looking
    Last edited by nil8hate; 5th Nov 2005 at 11:58.

Fantasic and classic mission Krush - even more amazing for a first attempt!!
    spoiler:
    Although I couldn't find the key to the lock by one of the outside gates guarded by an archer I manages to finish but would love to know where the key is hidden.

now i am looking for father gregor

Nil8hate,

To find father Gregor
    spoiler:
    you have to open the double doors on the second level of the crypt. Do to this you must find the three glyphs first. Once you open the double doors, frob the stick hanging in the air (loot objective) and wait for a few seconds. Father Gregor dressed in red should appear. If he doesn't, go out and look for him on the first floor. You'll probably find him dead as I did. He has the key to the sewers

Fist and sword
    Mosley

Wonder what killed him?, in my mission he was alive and kicking.

Did I read an earlier post correctly, that this Krush's first mission? Holy moly! Excellent work. Thanks for your labors. I've been de-Thiefed for some months while playing fancy new games. Forbidden Rites and Thieves Highway were both a nice way to return to the shadows.

radioman - thanks, it's comments like that that make it all worthwhile...yes, it's my first mission ever.

shadows -
    spoiler:
    Father Gregor comes into the Lost City temple looking for the same Staff you found. At some point he will run into the undead and get his arse whooped. You can either pickpocket his key from him or wait till he dies and loot his body for it.
    \

sir lance -
    spoiler:
    The key to those outside doors is hanging on the wall in the guard room outside the church with a painting of Saint Yora on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Krush the Second

shadows -
    spoiler:
    At some point he will run into the undead and get his arse whooped.
    Oh, i already cleared out the area.

as for father Gregor -
    spoiler:
    i found him on the first level of crypt wandering around, eventually he ran screaming something lime "brothers...!" so i had to KO him to get a key.
    of course first i had finished a crypt objective. seems like he can be found in a couple of ways but in the crypt only, as stated in his message left.

this mission is indeed a classic style = brings lot of fun
    thnx

Thanks Krush

Thank you for a fun mission Lots of interesting area to explore, and a good amount of detail... no big bland (boring) areas

Lots of stuff to do...Well done !

This part made me laugh :

spoiler:
    Cavadors diary... "After being kidnapped by pagans and interrogated by a wrathful demonic tree-goddess, I was thrown into a cage and fed scraps of half-cooked meat. I'm not sure what it was, but I prefer not to think about that." Guess he was having a rough time of it

Can I get a little boost in the right direction here? I've wondered around this level for over an hour and I cannot find ANYTHING! I've been in every room on the first two levels of the castle, inside the laboratory (which had NOTHING in it!) and underground where the waterwheel switch is - but I have NO idea what I'm even supposed to be doing, much less how to do it!!

I'm going to take a guess and assume that you don't read everything you come across . I'd suggest that you do so, It adds to the story and will unlock a new objective as well.

A wrathful demonic tree goddess (lol) What an allusion to
    spoiler:
    Viktoria

Shadows :
    The other wizard.

Fist and sword
    Mosley

Where is the fifth secret?

taffedinthehead -

spoiler:
    If you went into the laboratory, your objective to find what happened to Roderick should have checked off, since you found his dead body.

Then if you go into Father Allister's room (it is the bedroom where the lantern Hammerite patrols outside), you will find a scroll that will explain what is going on at the castle.

JaceKA -

spoiler:
    In the crypt room with the death statue and light blue light, there is a button on the wall that opens the passage to the power room basement. If you've already found the passage from the other side, it won't open anything new unfortunately.

Here's something

I have the
    spoiler:
    storm sewer key and I am by a storm sewer manhole cover, but it's not frobbable and I cannot seem to find a lock to fit the key...

What is the obvious thing that I am missing?

By the by - awesome mission!

Ethne:
    spoiler:
    In the office in the basement there's a compartment in the wall which you need to unlock with the key to get to a lever that will open the sewer covers.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast