TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: Forbidden Rites

Thanks!!

Okay - despite the NON answers, I was able to find the secret entrance into the crypt and complete the objectives - one problem - I'm 11 loot short! Any loot hidden in the crypt or library (those are the only two rooms I haven't really combed through yet)?

I really just started the mission and I have "Stupidest Death" story here.

I just entered the armory and started grabbing everything. When I grab the hammer by mistake, I think "I'll drop it right here". Well, right here seems to be explosive barrels that I thought were only affected by fire arrows....ouch.

Great mission, nice guard placement, and it's really immersive: It almost feels like Craigscleft, which is an entirely different mission, but...

Thanks, I like to try to do things T1 style...I didn't know explosive barrels could be set off by dropped hammers either!

Thanks for this mission! It was a lot of fun. I'll have to replay it though since I only got 2 of the secrets. Is that guard over the portcullis reachable? I see a door up there but never found my way to him. Never figured out the Vial of Blood either.

Quote Originally Posted by Polychromic
    Is that guard over the portcullis reachable?
    Yeah i want to know too.

Using Garrett's electric eye, you can see that there is no discernible door up there - so, I'd guess not - I gassed him anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead
    Using Garrett's electric eye, you can see that there is no discernible door up there - so, I'd guess not - I gassed him anyway!!
    Using his eye?

You can see a door right there next to him. If you taunt him he will open the door and stomp around a bit but he always comes back out onto where he started. I admit to shooting him but with regular broadheads.

You cannot reach him by normal methods, but there's always crate stacking...

He has no pocket to pick or loot up there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Polychromic
    Using his eye?

You can see a door right there next to him. If you taunt him he will open the door and stomp around a bit but he always comes back out onto where he started. I admit to shooting him but with regular broadheads.

YEs, I mean his mechanical eye that he got in T2 - you know, the zoom lens?

Anyway, I swear I looked and didn't see a door, not the archer by the beginning of the level. But . . . I could always be wrong.

Awesome mission!!

Total time 2hrs 22 minutes 6 seconds
    2080 of 2379 (bit of a loot hunt at the end - I still missed 99!
    spoiler:
    there's a rolled up rug behind the statue in the third glyph area.
    )
    Pockets picked 8 out of 15. Locks Picked: 8
    spoiler:
    one in crypt not pickable but frobbable??

Back Stabs - 8 (
    spoiler:
    All haunts and those wizard ghosts- very tough bastards took a back stab and like another 7-9 wacks-each
    ) KO's 37, While Airborne: 1

Damage Dealt 403 Damage taken: 0 Healing taken: 0
    Innocents killed:0 Others: Undead plus the heretic hammerite!-into the lava he went!

Iron Beasts destroyed: 0 Disabled: 0 Secrets 5/5
    spoiler:
    with forum help

Time spent: Priceless, this is a 10/10 mission.

Clearinghouse
    Where key from labarotory

First mission, Krush the Second ? Huh ! Well done.

Father Gregor

Where is Father Gregors room? Cavador's diary says he was in his room chanting and stuff. I have a feeling that's where I'lll find out how to open the barrier.

I think his room was given to father Allister.

spoiler:
    Search it carefully for a hint, but the library will have more usefull information.

Clearinghouse

laboratory area

Where key?

thanks Emerald Wolf, after scouring the the whole place again, I found something I hadn't found before.

clearing:

spoiler:
    The laboratory key is on the belt of the gray haired priest, in the bedroom on the first floor.

I haven't finished this yet but I started to play it last night and it's an excellent mission. The level of detail is impressive and the layout of the Cathedral/Fortress is very convincing. I love cathedral missions and this is one of the best I've seen.

Finished last night on expert, what a superb mission! The two haunts in the first part of the crypt saw me on my way out and chased me all the way into the second level of the big chapel. I was able to have enough time to shoot them with holy water, thereby saving my own tail
    Great Job, Krush, encore!

The design of the Keep in this mission was very convincing. Well done, Krush. I loved walking around and taking in the sights. It felt very real.

Also, these adventure/artifact grab type missions are my favorites.

Krush,

Very nice mission. I really liked the architecture, the exploration, and the game play. The number AI and the timing of the AI was just right and very good for ghosting. Always interesting, tense and somewhat aggravating at times, but always possible. I just ghosted it first time through without too much trouble, but I was unable to get Perfect Thief (all the loot). My stats:

Expert
    time: 4:38
    loot: 2155 / 2379
    pockets: 7:15
    secrets: 4/5
    no damage, no alerts

Something seems wrong with the pockets stat. I thought I got more pockets than that, but maybe not. Regardless, I am fairly sure that I got all the pockets that were possible, except for a key on Father Gregor, who was dead when I found him. I did a BJ run afterward just to check for loot and pockets. No more pockets.

I am not sure about the secrets either. I found the first 4/5 that Emerald Wolf had found (with no help), but when I went back to search I could not find the 5th secret that you posted.
    spoiler:
    I entered the crypt via the secret passage. Could the tomb have slid over and hidden the other switch you mentioned, or did I just miss it?

As for the loot,
    spoiler:
    there are 174 in coin stacks that I could not get without slashing a banner, which is against the ghosting rules,
    and I could never find the last 50.

I did not do the ritual at first because I used the secret passage, and I had not found the blood. It was a little hard to spot. Then I figured out how to do that and it was a lot of fun. Ghosting the armory took a little figuring, but it was easy once it became apparent.

Thanks for a fun three evenings and one afternoon.

You're welcome. As for the crypt button, you just missed it.

spoiler:
    It's on the other side of the room from the sliding tomb thingy.

Maybe I'll try to go through and check for the loot again. Something could be stuck in a wall or something. Maybe Nightwalker will do her famous lootlist!

Have you started your next mission yet?

I'm happy this mission is getting the praise it deserves. I still can't believe that this is your first mission!

Quote Originally Posted by Krush the Second
    You're welcome. As for the crypt button, you just missed it.
    Correct. I had my nose to that wall, but evidently my nose was aimed in the wrong direction. I have a suggestion if you ever release an update, not that I think an update is needed. I think there should be only four secrets. The one that gains you access to the crypt tunnel could be viewed as one secret from two directions. The button in the crypt that I missed actually does nothing when you get the other one first. It could be an either / or thing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast