TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: Forbidden Rites

Game of the year IMO against some stiff competition. Lovely architecture
    spoiler:
    and cool Indiana Jones style puzzles
    I found I was averaging a save every twenty seconds or so toward the end. Pretty pathetic I know.
    Great stuff.

I just finished it and have to say this mission is so incredible. Easily up there with the best!

Forbidden Rites

I am in the laboratory, have shot a holy water arrow into the center of the star, read the passage in the book of spells, a fire appeared but I cannot find this vial of blood anywhere. It's not in my inventory or anywhere else. How can I come by this item?

spoiler:
    Where would you store blood for a long period of time?

OK, some directions please

I know I've seen the door, and I have the key, but for the life of me I cannot find the lab again. Could some kind taffer please point me in the right direction? I'll even look the other way while you pick my pocket (of course, I'll be picking yours at the same time, but hey, what do you expect?).

'Forbidden Rites

I am in the process of playing this mission and I have a question:

How do I get this blood vial to throw into the fire and and cause the 'magic' door to open into the crypt. I have read posts here that players have suddenly found this vial in their inventory when they needed it. I have searched my inventory several times but have found no such thing there. So I am at a loss as to how I come by this item. Ideas, anyone?

Thanks

Krush: I guess I missed your post before I sent mine in.

Your question: 'Where would you store blood for a long period of time?''

My answer: I don't know. I've never had occasion to do that. Maybe you could fill me in?

Thanks

spoiler:
    somewhere cold

Skulduggerist
    spoiler:
    The Lab is on the ground floor at the west end of the Cathedral. It's down a short flight of stairs, in between the dormitories and the stairs leading to the crypt.

Thanks

Madwolf:

Thanks ever so much! I've been running all over this place, and apparently my mind was just not in navigation mode. I felt like I was in one of those old spaghetti westerns where the actors pass the same rock and cactus twenty odd times in any given journey.

Just got to the lab:

spoiler:
    I was walking up those stairs and almost got fried by the fireball trap. ALMOST. Unknowlingly, I was walking on the right side, looking for secret compartments.

Great mission so far. I really need more time to play these.

I just finished this one. WOW! Really well done. Story & readables, brush work, effects, AI, AI placement, AI patrols, surprises, puzzles, lighting...it's all good. A lot of well planned effort here.

Wins a SlyFoxx Bronze Hammer Award.

Great stuff, Krush. I ghosted it first time through because I felt like it. Just the right amount of AIs. Too many and it's more annoying than fun. Bit of a loot hunt at the end but that's ok.

One question:

spoiler:
    Why did you enable the crypt backdoor to be opened from the outside? I'm sure you thought about it, but why did you choose to make it that way?

I found the backdoor because, well, I am SO GOOD at finding switches, and I did all the crypt stuff right then, even though I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing down there. I grabbed the glyphs and all that, and when I got the staff, I was like, "Well, ok, I have no idea what this is, but it sure is pretty." Only later when I was back up top did I read about the glyphs and the staff and the ward puzzle. The staff and sewer key objectives came up and were immediately checked off, of course.

Anyway, just curious why the backdoor entrance was there.

Ronnie

Nice mission, I could only snag 1984 of loot, but by all means this mission was well balanced, it could use some more arrows to eliminate the watchful eyes at distance, but nice work out anyway.
    Last edited by Martin Karne; 17th Nov 2005 at 01:40.

Ronnie -

I put that switch there so if someone chucked the blood vial down an toilet or used up all the holy water in the mission, they could still finish the mission.

I only wish I'd hid it a little better...

Please help.
    Is there any 'hard-to-find' loot, I'm missing about 90, any idea where can I find it?

Lost City rug behind the Cthulhu statue in the four-pillared room.

Several coin stacks in a safe behind the banner in the high priest's office.

golden cup under a table in the formal dining room.

bag of spice in a chest in the attic above the training room.

a purse in a secret compartment in Cavador's bedroom.

a small statue in the top level of the old bell tower.

Forbidden Rites

OK I'm lost I guess. I have gotten into the crypt area and killed 3 haunts. I see no doors with glyphs on them. I am just wandering around finding nothing. I see the lava pool but nowhere to go. somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong or where I should be looking to go.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    you should see a very small bridge made of stone across the lava, thats where you need to go.

Forbidden Rites

Thanks Ottoj55. I was going in the right direction but just didn't go far enough or turn the right way.

wow, just finished this mission.

I love it!!!

the end realy took me back to the good old days of thief1

This is certainly a very nice looking mission and the dissolution of the spell was particularly effective.

Still short on loot though. Where is the high priests office? The one with the safe.

Church, 2nd floor.

Glyph Objective

I picked up three glyphs after which Garrett says to himself "that ought to do it" or something to that effect. Then went on to retrieve the staff and heist the sewer key. But it seems that I missed a scroll or something telling me about this goal. I've read everything I picked up, so it must be something I haven't found yet.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because having completed the objectives and taken the sewer system back outside, the mission doesn't end. That is the objective telling me to complete all objectives didn't tick off.Yet everything in the objective list is completed. So I must be missing the "new objective" of retrieving the glyphs.

Searched the library, all the bedrooms. Found all the secrets. Missing some loot, but have enough to meet minimum requirements. One thing I read in this thread that confuses me....apparently there is a secret? door near the lab doors, down/up some steps connecting the lower floor with the main entrance to the castle. If these are the steps at the south east corner of the small hallway where the lab doors are, I see no evidence of a side or secret door.

Hi

I just wanted to say that I have been playing this FM for the past 1.5 hours and it is f*cking impressive!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast