TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Quelle Galere Nov. 8/05

I saw a panel in the ceiling but couldn't find any way to access it. I didn't realize it was an elevator. How do you get it to come down? Never mind. I figured it out. For anyone else who is stuck you need to frob to two candlesticks on the altar. I don't know how I managed to miss that!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 8th Nov 2005 at 22:48.

bikerdude

ah ok

Hi nightwalker, ok mate, np. I was just trying to be helpful. But its good to see your working on the translation

It's not a proper translation. It's very garbled and makes no sense in many places. I just didn't want all the texts posted on the forum. I didn't want to discourage you, just let you know that I was doing the same thing you were. I wish I DID speak another language so I could help with these things instead of just editing them after they've been translated. If there's anyone who can speak French who would do a proper translation, it would be very helpful. Most of the texts aren't that long so it probably wouldn't be a big job.

translation

hi well i could help for the translation since i'm from montreal
    i don't understand why everybook or scroll is empty ??

i don't see what i can translate !!
    I may be blind But I found my way

I've actually just had someone volunteer to do the translation so we should have some proper texts soon. If this falls through, I'll be in touch sexypat. Thanks a lot!

I'll have to try to get in touch with the FM author to get permission to have the English version released once the translation is done. The texts don't show in the game because they are all inside the "Books" folder in the mission, inside a "French" folder. There is an English one but it is empty and that's what our games are picking up. If you want to see the French ones in game, just copy everything out of the French folder into the English one. If you just want to read them, you can open them with notepad.

I think I just finished the mission, hopefully in the proper manner. I found a passageway underneath an elevator that lead me to a room where there was an urn. Flipping a lever moved that up to a higher level. I then found my way up there and a woman appeared. There was some text and she left, leaving behind a wisp. I went to a panel in the far wall, pushed a button and the wisp and I were both teleported into the prison. It apparently attacks the evil people there, leaving you free to go and rescue Agnus. At that point the mission ended. Is that how it's supposed to work? I've been rather confused for most of this mission and I'd like to know if I missed a bunch of stuff. The framerate was pretty bad by the end but I'm going to try it again and see if I can figure out how all of this is supposed to work.

Well, I'm confused at that point as well...

Mosley is on the job, working on a translation so maybe that will help us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    I think I just finished the mission, hopefully in the proper manner. I found a passageway underneath an elevator that lead me to a room where there was an urn. Flipping a lever moved that up to a higher level. I then found my way up there and a woman appeared. There was some text and she left, leaving behind a wisp. I went to a panel in the far wall, pushed a button and the wisp and I were both teleported into the prison. It apparently attacks the evil people there, leaving you free to go and rescue Agnus. At that point the mission ended. Is that how it's supposed to work? I've been rather confused for most of this mission and I'd like to know if I missed a bunch of stuff. The framerate was pretty bad by the end but I'm going to try it again and see if I can figure out how all of this is supposed to work.

Did you not get:

spoiler:
    locked in when you flipped the switch to send the urn upstairs? That's what happened to me and that's where I gave up!

...The framerate was pretty bad by the end but I'm going to try it again...
    I was having the same problem, but if I restarted Thief 2 and loaded a save the choppy went away. But now that doesn't even work. Since I visited the chapel my saves are useless, Thief crashes when I try to load them. Now I have to restart from the beginning when the games dies...

I think I'll just wait for the translations before trying again... But the FM is pretty fun nonetheless!

One question though... I read earlier where you have to give a guard a drink of wine to get the code? Is that the guard on the second floor behind the gate? I just rope arrowed over him and went on with my business... Did I do it wrong? I knew that drink machine was there for a reason!

I didn't figure out the "give the guard a drink" thing mentioned either. I'll have to try that out.

taffedinthehead No, I didn't get locked in. There's an armoire or bookcase or something in a room nearby (not in the area below the elevator platform, I don't think) that lifts and there's a passageway behind it that leads to the room where you meet the lady and get the wisp for a companion. Sorry if it's a bit vague but I have to play this again to try to sort it all out as I was running around in circles for half of it so I don't recall things clearly.

Sorry if it's a bit vague but I have to play this again to try to sort it all out as I was running around in circles for half of it so I don't recall things clearly.
    To me that's the definition of a fun mission...

anyone else finding that GL says this is a thief 1 mission? i do not want to switch back and forth cuz it seems to cause troubles.

any luck on those translations?

Yes! Mosley did an excellent and speedy job and I have sent the translations off so hopefully we will have a proper English version before long. Until then, anyone who wants the texts to use now can just email me for them. nil8hate, I'll email them to you right away. I'm sure you'll find them helpful.

I didn't figure out the "give the guard a drink" thing mentioned either. I'll have to try that out.

taffedinthehead No, I didn't get locked in. There's an armoire or bookcase or something in a room nearby (not in the area below the elevator platform, I don't think) that lifts and there's a passageway behind it that leads to the room where you meet the lady and get the wisp for a companion. Sorry if it's a bit vague but I have to play this again to try to sort it all out as I was running around in circles for half of it so I don't recall things clearly.
    can you tell me exactly where this one is? i have been everywhere else i believe...but my framerate is so choppy and re-loads are taking forever!!! so i do not want to chop around too much more...making me dizzy! i have loved this game and wish it played smoother so that i could i enjoy it fully.

nil8hate - which room are you looking for? The drink machine, the room under the elevator, or the room with the wisp?

Re: the door
    spoiler:
    behind the painting. Am I supposed to be able to open it. Am I also not supposed to have any lockpicks?

nickie - To get through that door, you need to explore the secret area entered through the office first. There's a statue in a chest that you put into the empty alcove and that moves a panel which was hiding a button. Nothing is straight forward in this mission but it's fun!

nil8hate - It's in the area below the turret that runs back and forth. You have to go through one of the rooms into a hallway behind, "use" the Hand on a pedestal (there's another hand already there so it's a bit of a clue) and that will gain you access to another area, I believe, where you find the bit I mentioned. This may not be entirely accurate. I haven't been able to replay it yet so I'm still a bit vague about where things are and how they work.

Thanks NW...found the spot to start...but i am crashing so bad....and my load times are forever!!!! anyone else having this problem? is there a tweak that might help? i do not have this problem in general....there have only been a few fms that were this bad for framerate...but it feels like something else?

My framerates were getting pretty bad towards the end, too, plus I had several saves that just would not load. I got a message saying Thief 2 has encountered an error and has to close so I had to start back a bit farther. It also took a long time to load from saves.

The guard and the wine thing - has anyone gotten it to work properly? I can't and I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I got the office key, went in and pushed the button on the office wall. Waited for the guard to come out to get wine but he didn't so then I went and pushed the button for the wine on the dispenser machine and waited for a bit but he still didn't come out. According to Lady Jo, he should come out to get a drink once the office button is pushed leaving the storeroom unguarded so you can go in without setting off the alarms.

MW...you did it right...you
    spoiler:
    push the button and he comes out and gets the wine...i had pushed the wine dispenser first because i could!! maybe that has something to do with it?

I just have copied the texts file into the english directory, and I can extrapolate enough to go on, but I was stuck with the piano.
    Also thanks for the goals translation.
    I guess it helps a bit reading 3 languages.

I have English files that you can put in yourself, if you want them, Martin. Just email and I'll send them to you. I've been fixing up a few small errors that have cropped up but so far they seem to be working quite well.

nil8hate - I tried every combination of actions I could think of but it just won't work. Just a glitch I guess and not a big deal. I found a way in anyway, just not the way the author planned.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast