TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Quelle Galere Nov. 8/05

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    The guard and the wine thing - has anyone gotten it to work properly? I can't and I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I got the office key, went in and pushed the button on the office wall. Waited for the guard to come out to get wine but he didn't so then I went and pushed the button for the wine on the dispenser machine and waited for a bit but he still didn't come out. According to Lady Jo, he should come out to get a drink once the office button is pushed leaving the storeroom unguarded so you can go in without setting off the alarms.
    At the point I encountered the guard, he was already coming out of his area, and he saw me and began to chase, but the gate was closed so I was able to get away - I went on and explored other areas (I never used the drink machine, by the way) and when I came back, the gate was open, and the guard was asleep on his bed, and nothing I did woke him up - I have NO idea how this happened, but I just kept going anyway!

Couple of questions:

1) Okay, I've revisited this level, though I still don't know what I am supposed to be doing. Okay, I figured out how to get the vase to rise up out of the room without the gates trapping me in - but when I get up to it and the ghost woman lets me in to get it, I grab it and my game crashes! Do I need to be able to get the vase to win the level?

2) I have no readables, so is there anyway I can still figure out the two codes I need?

3) I have no idea how to get the Hand of Glory, but I don't know if I need it either, since I was able to hit the button across the lava with an arrow and progress from there!

4) Can you get back to the starting area? Do you need to?

5) So far, I have one objective checked off (from approaching Agnes from behind her cell) and can get a second one to check off by running into her cell - but there are still three others I cannot get, and since I don't know what they are, I am now at a loss as to where to go next (unless I can somehow crack the codes)

Any help would be nice! Perhaps someone can post the English translation of the scrolls or hints that help you with the codes?

1) You don't need the vase. What you need is the wisp that is left behind when the woman leaves. Just go over to a platform that opens up in one corner and push a button. The wisp will teleport to the prison with you and you'll see why it's there to help you.

2) I've sent you the English texts so check your email.

3) I expect you've circumvented the need for the Hand, as far as I know, though I'm no expert on this mission by any means!

4) No and No

5) I think the texts I sent you will help you figure out what you need to do.

1) You don't need the vase. What you need is the wisp that is left behind when the woman leaves. Just go over to a platform that opens up in one corner and push a button. The wisp will teleport to the prison with you and you'll see why it's there to help you.

2) I've sent you the English texts so check your email.

3) I expect you've circumvented the need for the Hand, as far as I know, though I'm no expert on this mission by any means!

4) No and No

5) I think the texts I sent you will help you figure out what you need to do.

Thanks, NW - you rock!

Thanks again, NW - with the English readables, I was easily able to finish the level - and it was actually a really good level, Philou! Lot's of neat ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude
    What file in the FM archive contains the objectives..? I would like to have a go and translating it using babelfish.

tis ok ive found it, going to try translating it now. Once done ill post the converted file and and the full path.

the file path within galore.zip is as follows:-

>intrface>miss20>english>

make a file in there called 'goals.str' and then paste the following text in there.

fiction_0: "You need to recover the Gantlet, it will come in handy."
    text_0: "Recover the Gauntlet"
    fiction_1: "Your a Thief not a killer! dont kill any anyone that is unarmed."
    text_1: "Dont kill anyone that is unarmed"
    fiction_2: "Find Agnus"
    text_2: "Find Agnus"
    fiction_3: "Agnus must remain alive"
    text_3: "Agnus must remain alive"
    fiction_4: "Your mission, is to free Agnus"
    text_4: "Free Agnus"

Hope this works, I'm about to try it now. Also I have found other folders with french and english folders inside, just copy whats in the french folder into the english folder.

Biker

I tried that and it didn't work.
    Albert

Albert, I have a complete set of English texts, objectives, etc. There will be an English version released soon, if you want to wait. If not, email me and I'll send you the texts and instructions on how to install them.

Well that's so uhm say what?
    Unarmed?
    spoiler:
    I shot a lady armed with a bow, DING DING dead skull movie!!! OH LE CRAP, erm MERDE!!! How the good guys get out of this strange corridor with two guards and a running cannon above? Magic?

Thanks Nightwalker - is that the Bureau? If so, how do I get in there without my trusty lockpicks?

You mean the office, Nickie? There's a key tucked into a little niche in the pillar by the big statue.

And thanks again. Must remember to put my glasses on!!

Any word on when an english translation will be available?

It's been sent to the author of the mission. I don't know when the English version will actually be available for download. Hopefully not too long. I saw a post by Philou at the Editor's Guild that leads me to believe he (she?) is trying to fix the framerate problem that some people have been experiencing. That may delay the release a bit.

Could find my way through this creative FM with help of this thread, but now...
    spoiler:
    when arriving in the room with the wisp and the evil people, nothing happens, it doesn´t attack them. They just get alerted and search for someone. When I try to jump down, the game crashes to desktop.
    Anyone else having problems with that?
    BTW, I really love french missions, their storytelling, their design, the innovative (if sometimes frustrating) puzzles... So, does anybody know, when the last sequel in the L´Arsène-series is going to be released?

The wisp part worked fine for me except that I had horribly slow framerates by then. Hvae you tried starting that section again from an earlier save to see if it makes any difference?

As for Gaetane's sequel, I don't think I'll be letting out any major secrets if I tell you that it has been in betatesting for awhile and so that should mean it will be released before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgane
    Could find my way through this creative FM with help of this thread, but now...
    spoiler:
    when arriving in the room with the wisp and the evil people, nothing happens, it doesn´t attack them. They just get alerted and search for someone. When I try to jump down, the game crashes to desktop.
    Anyone else having problems with that?
    BTW, I really love french missions, their storytelling, their design, the innovative (if sometimes frustrating) puzzles... So, does anybody know, when the last sequel in the L´Arsène-series is going to be released?
    Are we suppose to jump down? I went around the top area. The game ends when I reach the destination. :-(
    Albert

Thanks Nightwalker and Albert, I´ll try again. The framerate is (almost) ok, the only problem is the loading-saved-game-crash.

...and many thx for the good news about Gaetane´s mission!

Is the english translation done yet? How about now? Uhm, now?

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!

Sorry, just had to get that out... I feel much better now...

bikerdude

LOL

If you want to send me an e-mail, I will send you the English texts and instructions on how to insert them in the mission. Otherwise it's as have to be patient!

If you want to send me an e-mail, I will send you the English texts and instructions on how to insert them in the mission. Otherwise it's as have to be patient!
    Hey Nightwalker, is there a walkthrough on the horizon also? Playing on Expert and this one is no cakewalk.
    Albert

I will probably try to work on a walkthrough when I have time, as it's a very complex mission but it may be awhile before I can get around to it.

Everyone may have to wait longer than expected for the English version to be released. I have just been told that Philou is quite ill and in hospital. I hope he has a speedy and complete recovery.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 23rd Nov 2005 at 23:20.

Get Well Phillou!!!!

How are you all getting the code to the turret turnoff thing if all text is blank?
    Last edited by joanieS; 24th Nov 2005 at 12:01.

The texts are there but you have to open the mission to get at them and they're all in French. I have a translated set of texts, joanie. If you want them, just email me and I'll send them on to you. The code and lots of the other clues make it much easier to figure out what to do and where to go.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast