TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Quelle Galere Nov. 8/05

Is Philou doing better yet? I really hope so!

This mission is so the kind I desire!

If you can, let him know a fan is praying for him!

I heard from philou yesterday and he is improving. He is hoping to release the English version of his mission before too long.

This mission relly irritates me. For one thing why does the mission fail when I kill an armed person and it says "Dont kill unarmed persons." EXAMPLE: I found the woman and ran to kill the Armed guard who runs in the cage to kill her and as soon as I kill him and his 2 buddies not to mention the 2 zombies the mission fails because of the do not kill unarmed person clause. Even when I blackjacked someone earlier the mission failed. Why dont it just say dont hurt any one. I dont even know why the mission creator gave us a Blackjack and a sword and arrows. I think I will skip this one .

Oh now the cake has been toped. I found the way through the door by the piano figuring I would give it another try and I immediately get attacked by 2 archers. A R M E D archers. And guess what. I killed them and the mission failed. Now how the hell am I supposed to get through a bunch of armed guards in a very brightly lit area if I cant defend my self. I dont even get any gas arrows !! And if I had some I have to assume that since the Blackjack fails me the gas arrows would to. Authough I give thanks to the authers effort and I realize some pepole may like it I give it 1/2 an aluminum hammer. Mabey I am missing something. I think I will load up Forbidden Rites. I here its pretty good.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 3rd Dec 2005 at 19:04.

I was bored this evening so I thought I'd do a quick run through this mission, although I had never finished it before.

I finished the mission in about 40 mins, mostly ghosted (I know, ghosting is either all or none), I killed one guard just to keep myself alert.

Problem is I missed 1 secret. Anyone got a list of secrets?

Awesome mission! Slightly linear, but fun nonetheless! I had played it 3 times before without finishing and this is my 4th. Enjoyed every run through!

BTW, last few times I played this mission the framerate was horrible near the end and my saves were useless (crashed to desktop when reloading), hence the reason I never finished it. My last time playing was well over an hour and I was taking out all armed guards. This time I had no problems with either, and only took out one guard. Maybe the quicker the mission is played the better the framerate at the end? I'm no DromEder (I don't even play one on TV) so I have no idea, I just thought it was odd...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline
    This mission relly irritates me. For one thing why does the mission fail when I kill an armed person and it says "Dont kill unarmed persons." EXAMPLE: I found the woman and ran to kill the Armed guard who runs in the cage to kill her and as soon as I kill him and his 2 buddies not to mention the 2 zombies the mission fails because of the do not kill unarmed person clause. Even when I blackjacked someone earlier the mission failed. Why dont it just say dont hurt any one. I dont even know why the mission creator gave us a Blackjack and a sword and arrows. I think I will skip this one .

Oh now the cake has been toped. I found the way through the door by the piano figuring I would give it another try and I immediately get attacked by 2 archers. A R M E D archers. And guess what. I killed them and the mission failed. Now how the hell am I supposed to get through a bunch of armed guards in a very brightly lit area if I cant defend my self. I dont even get any gas arrows !! And if I had some I have to assume that since the Blackjack fails me the gas arrows would to. Authough I give thanks to the authers effort and I realize some pepole may like it I give it 1/2 an aluminum hammer. Mabey I am missing something. I think I will load up Forbidden Rites. I here its pretty good.
    You misunderstood the mission goals :

1) Find the gauntlet
    2) It's useless to kill / blackjack people ; anyway do not kill anybody (Leave the civilians alone, no blood)
    3) Find & free Agnès, she must stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline
    Now how the hell am I supposed to get through a bunch of armed guards in a very brightly lit area if I cant defend my self.
    The mission is somewhat linear, and if you don't do things in an exacting order it can prove rather challenging.

spoiler:
    The fence and turrets in the security corridor can be turned off from a control room. And it's possible to traverse the full length of the corridor without your feet ever touching the floor.
    Last edited by Little_Dragon; 5th Dec 2005 at 21:18.

Why was I able to take out armed guards? If I took out a civilian the game would crash?

I was playing on normal/easy, maybe that's the reason?

Guess I'll find out when the english version is available!

I was able to bj armed guards but not unarmed ones or civilians.

I seem to be having difficulty in a number of different things...

spoiler:
    Frobbing the dinner gong does not alert anyone. Once I frob it, and run over to the next room and up the stairs and wait between the two walls for one of the guards to open the gate allowing me access to downstairs, no one shows up.

spoiler:
    The Hand Of Glory, resting on a pedestal beside an opening protected by lava? with a button on the other side cannot be picked up. And I don't have a mech statue available.

spoiler:
    The urn or whatever that thing is on the level where the wisp appears, cannot be picked up either.

It sounds like you're going to the wrong place after you've rung the gong. Leave the kitchen, turn right along the hall and tuck yourself into the shadows beside the big wooden gate blocking the end of that hallway. That's the door the guard will open and you can go through after he heads to the kitchen.

As for the Hand of Glory The one on the pedestal is only there to show you where you need to put the other one, which you have to find. You'll get there easily once you get through the door mentioned above.

How did you get to the room with the wisp if you didn't have the Hand of Glory? Anyway, you can't touch the urn. The wisp is there to help you rescue the girl by distracting the guards.

This mission is a little buggy so expect things to sometimes not work the way they should. It's fun to play anyway, though.

I got to the wisp from reading elsewhere in this thread whereby
    spoiler:
    you shot an arrow to hit a button on the other side of the lava stream room beside the pedestal

I see where I errred. But I can't help but feel I'm missing something, besides the third secret.

This is embarassing, but I'm stuck right at the beginning of the mission. I managed to hit a button with an arrow to send the trolley through the closed gate. I even got someone from the next room to open the gate for a second once and come through, but I haven't been able to get out of this room.

How do I get out of this room in the beginning?

Edit: I got out of that.
    spoiler:
    I couldn't open that locked hatch but somehow I got lucky and pulled a lever inside which opened the gate.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 3rd Nov 2006 at 00:06.

You broke the mission right at the start. What should have happened is you read a couple of books then walk over to the guard nearest the books. He sends you to the guy behind the gate. You walk over near him and he tells you he'll send you on your way then he walks upstairs and the guy up there flips a lever to open the gate then comes down and starts the trolley (with you sitting on it) along the tracks.

I must be missing some scripts as my books are all blanks.

Are you playing the English version that was released? Actually, there should be a new version out in the next few days that fixes a few small bugs. You might want to wait and try it to see if it works for you.

Don't know where I got it or when. I was just going through my list of unplayed fm's on darkloader and fired it up after a three day Rowena's Curse binge. Just noodled around with it half heartedly and then started clicking like mad.

There's an english version?
    Where?

Whew! I can't get past the gate with the force field. How do I turn that off? I'm guessing I have to hit that button in the distance, but gave up after sixty arrows (lots of reloads).

If you can't help me with that I also have the gear. How do I open the first iron gate behind the painting so I can use it.

I have to admit that I don't remember a lot of the details about this mission which surprises me as I tested umpteen versions of it! To open the gate behind the painting, you need the blue key. Have you found it yet? If not, to get it you need to find a room with 4 alcoves in the wall. 3 of them have statues in them and one is empty. There's a statue in a chest that you need to place in the empty alcove to open a secret door. You'll find the blue key beside a dead body in that area.

I don't remember a force field at all! I have a walkthrough in my notes but apparently didn't see fit to mention it. Can you tell me where it is? Or if you'd like the walkthrough, just email me and I'll send it to you.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Nov 2009 at 12:52.

I got past it. The force field is just beyond the doorway where the piano is but you can just mantle over the fence on the side and dodge the arrows til you duck into a nearby niche where there's a button for a secret lift.

This mission skips all the routine exploring, sight seeing and knocking out of guards and gets right to the frustrating stuff of finding keys, elevators and passages while being shot at. It forces you to jump into impossible situations and then improvise. It's not very big, but nothing is as it seems. Full of diabolical, aggravating stuff that makes me feel like the French are watching and laughing at me as I play.

At this point I need to find the second code in the room full of moveable statues. I think it's for a lift. I also need to get into that cage next to the watcher to use that lift. Somehow I've locked myself out even though I've been through the stuff on the other side of the beam. The gate over there is locked. I can't figure out how to reopen it. Also, I found the hand, but it's off center on the pedestal and I can't pick it up.

I did get the blue key. You can find it by using the winged statue on the niche and then following that passage way to a ladder down then another passage, then up to the body.

Okay, the code for the lift in the room with the moveable statues is available from the empty wine bottles in the storage room. The lift takes you to the switch that turns off the roaming turret, but I already did that. I've got an orange key. I don't know what it's for.

Code to open the cage around the elevator in the security corridor is 1473. That code can be entered in a room off the security corridor near the elevator.

Gasp! Mission complete
    I never ran into the wisp or entered the room with the urn on the elevator on my last play through and instead knocked out the threesome guarding Agnes. Many crashes in this room "Metal Age has to close", but I knocked them out by dousing two torches and using a rope arrow on the broken stairs and moss in the center. The one guard who shoots zombies required at least two blows to knock out.

Fascinating mission, but if you did things in the wrong order doors didn't work right. For instance nobody came by to open the big wooden gate while I was crouched in the shadows next to it. I don't remember how I got in there but eventually somebody came from the other side and then I couldn't get out. I never could get back to the urn on the elevator because a door to it was sealed. (I played through three times). A switch near the ceiling would light up but still be unfrobbable for some reason. That one elevator (on the way to the wisp) had totally incomprehensible controls. Seems like the author was constantly trying to do complicated things that dromed simply couldn't do.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 27th Nov 2009 at 21:57. Reason: clarification

Thanks Nightwalker, excellent walkthrough.

A quirky, but great little adventure, 7/10.

Weird,

I'm seeming to have nowhere else to go, I've been past the first guard, past the mech statue, into the area with the 'maze' of corridors, got to agnes, got into an apartment through a portal, got 3 keys, blue, copper and white, got by mr. skeleton and the drill bit. Cannot get through the door behind the portrait, or by the piano

I'm stumped as to how to proceed next.

To open the door behind the painting, there's a lever near the sleeping (drunk) guard.

Playing this mission on Expert for the second time, it all seemed like a new experience. I finished it with one objective unchecked, and it seems like I must have done some things in the wrong order. Please tell me if there is a better way.

1. After entering the security corridor, I flipped a switch up high at the far end of a beam. That actuated a ramp. I got to that switch but going up to the turret ledge, following the turret (still active), jumping over it, and then jumping to the beam on the other side of the turret. This way I avoided a light spot in the middle of the beam, in which the turret always saw me. This seemed like an unduly tricky route and move, but I couldn't find another route to the switch.

2. I found a switch later in the missionthat shut off the above turret, but by that time there was no need for it.

3. I ghosted the mission up to the point whereI sent the urn upstairs (with security gates in place). That alerted the guard in the switch room because an alarm goes off. Is there a way to avoid that alarm?

4. On entering Agnes' cell area, the fire elemental takes care of the guards (erratically - it does not always win), and then I have two choices: (a) go directly to the feeding table and grab the gear key; or (b) enter Agnes cell and grab the gear. Either way, I cannot find a way to exit that cell area and use the gear. When I end the mission by going close to the table, the "rescue" objective is not checked.

5. I am missing one secret, which I imagine to be opening the gear lock and finding something behind it. Is it?

6. I never did find the rope arrows someone mentioned.

Any advice to improve my technique or order of doing things?

the arrows are hidden under some crates near a dead body

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast