TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Haddur T2 FM

I have to admit these are confusing missions, it rivals JMS' Elevator missions.

OK, mission 5, WTF.

I managed to find Vennok, he is the pagan guy in the room right next to the well. But, when I bring him to the town hall, nothing.

I even looked in dromed for a specific room to bring him too, but the whole mission is one big room. This one looks to be a ctrl-alt-shift-end, unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxerks
    When you get down into the sewers after you get the keepers medallion/key and use it on a statue in the sewer, there is a small switch on the wall inside. Go down til you reach a tomb with a rope to the ceiling and a lantern on the ground, that is where the spy is.
    gotta tell ya...i am about to give up on this ...there is no rhyme or reason or clues! anyhoo....can someone give me directions to the above mentioned
    spoiler:
    statue?
    been running around these sewers way too long!!! very specific please!

Quote Originally Posted by nil8hate
    gotta tell ya...i am about to give up on this ...there is no rhyme or reason or clues! anyhoo....can someone give me directions to the above mentioned statue? been running around these sewers way too long!!! very specific please!
    There are 4 statues that surround an area in the sewers and there is a wood plank in front of each one of them.

To find them from where you start the game in the sewers, go east, turn, then north, turn, then east again and the second plank will be in from of a statue.

Another way is in the room with the dead keeper "Kund" with the arrows in his back, there is a hole that leads down to the sewers, via a ladder, and one statue is right there.

thanks again sxerks! finally got through that...now i am under seige!! yipes

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    I have to admit these are confusing missions, it rivals JMS' Elevator missions.

You mean JIS?

Whoops.

bikerdude

grrrr

I got too annoyed with this mission and deleted it.

Last part

Did anyone figure out what to do after
    spoiler:
    you give the statue the scepter?

Quote Originally Posted by maloo
    Did anyone figure out what to do after
    spoiler:
    you give the statue the scepter?
    This is one frustrating FM. To answer your question you have to find a switch hidden on a wall inside the room which opens up behind the statue. Go down the ramp to a well where, you know, what you usually do at a well. The mission continues from that point.

Whoops, my mistake maloo. You must mean a mission I haven't reached yet I think. I'm not that far yet. Struggling to get through 'Siege'.
    Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude
    I got too annoyed with this mission and deleted it.
    Gotta say, I feel the same! There was a great deal of creativity and action...but way too much mazelike stuff without enough info...

Last part

I checked off the first objective but have no clue where to find mask...........i've had it. Gbye Haddur

Quote Originally Posted by maloo
    Did anyone figure out what to do afteryou give the statue the scepter?

The statue should have moved away from the wall, there is a passage behind it. The mask is also back there.

These missions feel to me like they were ported from a pen/paper D&D game.

I gave up on this one, too. A noble effort, but the designer could stand a few lessons in letting the player in on the game. I would have never gotten the gem thing in the beginning without the wisdom of these boards. The designer seemed to think that load/save/load/save and (literally) keeping the player in the dark would be fun. Well, uh, no. This mission hates me. So, bye-bye.

I don't agree with you taffers ! These missions are very creative, very atmospheric which is what I like most in a fan mission. They show a lot of imagination on their author's part. Perhaps you should be more persistent. The mask for example was very easy to find. I even got it in my inventory and don't remember how that happened. There's a highly creepy moment, very original in mission three which is worth all the trouble... well I suppose you're young taffers and not too patient maybe : I think the wide use of dark places in the mission is to make it more frightening.
    Long live Haddur !

Fist and sword
    Mosley

Floating around in the crypt

I found it all quite amusing,
    spoiler:
    if you use the crates and throw them around bringing the factions to fight with each-other, the combatant numbers come down.

The thieves guild members in
    spoiler:
    the alley's are cleverly placed.
    Now navigating in the sewers is
    spoiler:
    VERY annoying.

You can't rush this FM in many spots. There are so many twists into the unknown, it seems.
    spoiler:
    Many doors outside the castle grounds are inaccessable.

I didn't see a clue for this:
    What do you do, once you kill the spy?
    spoiler:
    I am trying to float above, back to where I came in. There is a ghost who handed me a fruit and sounds like a spider.There is also a blood trail on the ground that leads to dead ends?

Please don't tell me I need to get into that hole above with no ledge for mantling up, because it's not working.
    Last edited by dealasteal; 11th Nov 2005 at 17:32.

Quote Originally Posted by dealasteal
    I
    Please don't tell me I need to get into that hole above with no ledge for mantling up, because it's not working.

You don't need to do that. I was thinking that was the way for a while too, then I tried something else.

Here's a hint:

spoiler:

Take a drop into somewhere unknown. Where you never thought to go before - in this mission OR the previous one

And now, if you wish, the direct answer:

spoiler:

Go over to the bridge that connects the two rooms and drop off into the black void. Walk around in darkness until you find a hole with water. Fall into this water and you'll come through into another (somewhat familiar) place.

I tried this way because it was only other way "out" I could think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxerks
    OK, mission 5, WTF.
    I managed to find Vennok, he is the pagan guy in the room right next to the well. But, when I bring him to the town hall, nothing.
    I even looked in dromed for a specific room to bring him too, but the whole mission is one big room. This one looks to be a ctrl-alt-shift-end, unless I'm missing something.
    Brought him up there as well...and the objective didn't tick off. So I wonder
    spoiler:
    were not supposed to rescue the corpses somehow?

it checked off

basicly every couple of times ya go in their is a meck their ya drop the stiff
    and go up to help i drew the fight down stairs and when the meck died it clicked off

About the bridge in Mission 3 Purgatorium, it looks like the bridge in a certain recent popular film. The fact that you do something similar to the film as well. Maybe it was a homage?

(I am being deliberately vague so as to avoid spoilers, but you'll get what i mean once you do it)

FINALLY FIGURED OUT ENDING TO MISSION "SIEGE"!!!! Jimm1 was correct, but I couldn't quite understand what he was saying. Basically:

spoiler:
    You take Vennok to the town hall, i.e., through the two secret passages to the long shaft with multiple ladders which comes out in the mini-mansion - from here, get outside the mansion, and find the ramp in the front yard - there is a GIANT stone pillar sticking out of it, but if you jump up on the edge, you'll see you can still go down there. Once down there, you'll see the "CORPSES" that are referred to in the objective. Simply throw Vennok down among them (I think you have to specifically put him in the open space on the front row - right where you first walk up to them. You'll know you've done it right when the ghost from the beginning of the level appears at the giant gateway. Once you see the ghost, draw your sword and run UPSTAIRS to the red glowing rock - there will be a final Mechanist up here (with lots of HP, by the way) - kill him, and mission over!!

Mission 6 (Waking) was very easy, aside from a few tough battles - there wasn't anything really hidden or puzzling . . . on to Mission 7! Has anyone completed 7 yet?

Okay - I'm missing something obvious, I'm sure - but I cannot get past the first minute or two of Mission 7! I've run the spider gauntlet and got to a courtyard area where I saw a keeper that disappeared before I could catch up to him - I've wondered around this area for the last ten minutes with NO clues as where to go next! HELP!!

Nevermind, I looked up and saw:

spoiler:
    the hatch in the ceiling at the top of the house

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast