TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Haddur T2 FM

Oh, Thank God I am done with this pack!! I wouldn't say it was a bad mission - alot of it was quite fun - but my one complaint is that it just had ALOT of tedious portions - corridor after corridor that looked exactly the same - and it didn't feel very thief-like - this is definitely more of an action-oriented mission pack.

Good work from Turi - just need a little more variety and light, in my own opinion.

Yeah, and a bit more weapons would've not hurt. But still it was absolutely worth playing, you can see that a lot of work went into it.
    Anyone have a savegame right before the supposed very scary thing happens in level 3? I found that level to be way too large and lacking in variety so ended up skipping it.

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead
    FINALLY FIGURED OUT ENDING TO MISSION "SIEGE"!!!! Jimm1 was correct, but I couldn't quite understand what he was saying. Basically:

spoiler:
    You take Vennok to the town hall, i.e., through the two secret passages to the long shaft with multiple ladders which comes out in the mini-mansion - from here, get outside the mansion, and find the ramp in the front yard - there is a GIANT stone pillar sticking out of it, but if you jump up on the edge, you'll see you can still go down there. Once down there, you'll see the "CORPSES" that are referred to in the objective. Simply throw Vennok down among them (I think you have to specifically put him in the open space on the front row - right where you first walk up to them. You'll know you've done it right when the ghost from the beginning of the level appears at the giant gateway. Once you see the ghost, draw your sword and run UPSTAIRS to the red glowing rock - there will be a final Mechanist up here (with lots of HP, by the way) - kill him, and mission over!!
    I've dropped him everywhere but I can't get this mission to end. Where exactly are you supposed to put him? Are any of the objectives checked off before this event? It says not to hurt servants but I've been BJ'ing everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston
    You don't need to do that. I was thinking that was the way for a while too, then I tried something else.
    I tried this way because it was only other way "out" I could think of.
    Thanks for the Clues!

SOA@&$#%$, I hopped down there once before and nothing happened. Thought, Aww... this can't be the way.
    I was very surprised, and relieved to see the results after your hint.

Ok, after awhile,
    spoiler:
    I was getting tired off all the bombing sounds hitting the side of the fort, as I ran through the mission 5 dodging and stealth attacking, clearing my path along the way. I never did get a mission complete at the Town HAll with the body.
    You are constantly out-numbered throughout, but it was very fun to play this massive muti-staged FM.

I want to thank the Author for all the custom AI intelligence and behavior patterns built-in. You could really see the difference of inter-action with the player.
    It's really a pleasure to have that customed play style by each Author - it really shows.
    Does this make sense or am I imagining things?

Haddur-Masquerade

I've killed the banker. How can I get the mask? How do I open the door to that room?

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by Hope Vincent
    I've killed the banker. How can I get the mask? How do I open the door to that room?

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Spoiler answer below:

spoiler:
    Behind the statue and up the ramp you see the room full of Mechanist priests or whatever they are - kill them all from above if you have enough arrows - go down and finish off whoever is left if you do run out of arrows. One of the guys you kill (the one who gives you the objective complete) has the mask on his belt - once you get it, I think you either open the door from the inside, or rope arrow back out.

Quote Originally Posted by bobber
    I've dropped him everywhere but I can't get this mission to end. Where exactly are you supposed to put him? Are any of the objectives checked off before this event? It says not to hurt servants but I've been BJ'ing everywhere.
    After you go down the path I mentioned and come to the giant door, you should see the two rows of corpses to your right along the wall - on the second row away from the wall, on the end you approach from, there should be a little bit of space to lay the body down - that's where I laid him to get the ghost to appear, who appears right at the giant door. Try picking him up and laying him down several times in the same area till you get it.

\------------------------------ this is the giant door
    \ Ghost appears here
    \ xx xx
    \ xx xx These are the corpses
    \ xx xx
    \ xx Drop Vennok here
    \
    \
    \
    \

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead
    You mean JIS?
    Yes, this FM reminds me of JIS mission too... Hair tearing, teeth grating mission..

Mission 3?

I finally made it to the middle section. Got the madillion. How do you get out of this section. There is now a gate blocking the way I entered. Spoiler please. Thanks.

Sorry Turi, this mission is so monotonous. I have made it to main gate in second part and... another labyrinth of same looking corridors behind... sorry, my patience is over. Switch to another new FM.
    Whoever has finished this one is a strong taffer !

Quote Originally Posted by coreyb2
    I finally made it to the middle section. Got the madillion. How do you get out of this section. There is now a gate blocking the way I entered. Spoiler please. Thanks.

I play so many levels at a time, I cannot remember specifics - perhaps you could refresh my memory and describe the area you are in and how you got there?

Mission 3?

I found the dead Keeper and went through the tunnel and up ladders into the house through the fireplace. I think is the middle area. I found the medallion on the wall here. I've searched all the rooms and went down the slope into the big area with all the guards. They are all KOd and I've searched all the bunkrooms and other rooms. I can't leave the way I entered because the tunnel back to the dead Keeper is now blocked with a gate. There has to be a way out of here...right?
    Thanks.

Update: Thanks to taffedinthehead I made it through Mission 3. On to Mission 4.
    Last edited by coreyb2; 14th Nov 2005 at 09:15.

Mission 5 Siege?

Found Vennok but need help getting into the big gun area....the building next door has the secret behind the wall
    spoiler:
    that opens with the head on one side and the coat hook on the inside wall but can't find anything else there...is there a rope in this mission?
    Thanks.

Found Vennok but need help getting into the big gun area....the building next door has the secret behind the wall
    spoiler:
    that opens with the head on one side and the coat hook on the inside wall but can't find anything else there...is there a rope in this mission?
    Thanks.

Ignore that building - instead, mantle up where the gun is and take care of business, then go back and bring Vennok through.

Siege Mission 5?

Thanks taffedinthehead but
    spoiler:
    when I jump over the wall 2 archers and a guard attack. When I kill the archers the guard attacks and I have to fight him and the objective "don't hurt the heads of Haddur" checks and game ends. I think I have a problem...running doesn't seem to help as there are more guards and archers waiting for me! Help!
    Thanks!

Thanks taffedinthehead but
    spoiler:
    when I jump over the wall 2 archers and a guard attack. When I kill the archers the guard attacks and I have to fight him and the objective "don't hurt the heads of Haddur" checks and game ends. I think I have a problem...running doesn't seem to help as there are more guards and archers waiting for me! Help!
    Thanks!

spoiler:
    Well, I don't know if there is a "thiefy" way to do this part - but for me, as I am still trying to finish the remaining 100+ T2 FMs I have yet to play by the end of the year, if I get into a situation like this, I just fight my way through it. Here are a few pointers for the agression approach.

Mantle up to the far left corner, the cannon should ignore you and if you time it right (i.e., you may have to wait a minute or so) you can mantle up where the swordsman is away from the area and only one of the archers is visible. If you manage that, nail the one archer in the head and get an instant kill (assuming he hasn't seen you yet). Then, if you’re lucky, you can slide to the right a little and nail the other archer before anyone sees or hears anything. If you get both archers down and the swordsman is either not alerted, or is searching one side of the cannon, quickly run out hide in the shadows in one of the corridors to the right or left of the cannon. At this point, you make a noise to lure the swordsman to you, lean forward, and BJ him before he sees you. From here on, it should be pretty simple to go back and grab Vennok and take the secret passage back to the mini-mansion.

By the way, once you finish this level, the last two are pretty easy and straightforward!

Mission 5 Siege!

Thanks again taffinthehead! I'll give it a try....

Haddur worst fan mission yet.

Having just spent several hours in Mission 3 I can say this may be the worst FM I have ever attempted to play. I have deleted it in favor of newer and surely much better attempts.

Thiefmissions.com

With such detailed and constructive criticism, I'm sure the author will be back in no time with the best FM ever!

Before I played Haddur, I thought that only T1 missions were capable of evoking true fear of darkness in me. T1, mainly because its graphics are by today's standards crap (excuse my language), utilized darkness in ways normally not done in T2 missions. People hate it when they can't see (me too ) but let's face it, we don't have gamma correction in our heads so that we we can fiddle it if we cant' see anything...

I recently replayed some of Sperry's missions, who can forget the Broadsword of Shaol, where there's a sequence where the only source of light are...spiders. Or JIS?

In fact, Mission 7's use of lighting reminds me of a great scene from the Elevator Mission. Remember standing in the darkness, looking down the hallway, at...something, lit by an eerie light ... and you knew you had to go in there...

Okay, Mission 3 was a little confusing, and required a different approach to gameplay from what I normally use. But overall, the series was innovative.

Was I the only one who found the storyline decidedly creepy? Who was the ghostly helper?
    spoiler:
    Oliver? Kund's son? Who had committed suicide because he was a homicidal maniac (or something?).

Anyway, I hope the author will be back with some more tales from Haddur.

I agree - it won't win any beauty contests - but it makes up for it in mood and atmosphere. As I said above, the only suggestion I'd make is to limit the number of repetitive corridors, which usually elicits such comments as Frederick made.

Ghost
    Stuck, stuck, stuck in mission 3.

I have the keeper medallion and all the loot; I'm just trying to find these stupid statues!

I'm currently standing where the two little waterfalls are, where mission 3 begins. I read earlier instructions that basically said go east, turn, go north, turn, go east, and the second plank you come to is standing in front of a statue. I think I need direction to follow those directions, because I didn't find anything like that.

What exactly is meant by the phrase a plank is standing in front of a statue? Do you mean the planks across the water, connecting the walkways on either side? I looked all around every plank I found and didn't see anything resembling a statue.

Why do I have deja vu from playing Zork?

Help!

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    Stuck, stuck, stuck in mission 3.

I have the keeper medallion and all the loot; I'm just trying to find these stupid statues!

I'm currently standing where the two little waterfalls are, where mission 3 begins. I read earlier instructions that basically said go east, turn, go north, turn, go east, and the second plank you come to is standing in front of a statue. I think I need direction to follow those directions, because I didn't find anything like that.

What exactly is meant by the phrase a plank is standing in front of a statue? Do you mean the planks across the water, connecting the walkways on either side? I looked all around every plank I found and didn't see anything resembling a statue.

Why do I have deja vu from playing Zork?

Help!

Thanks,

Dafydd

I don't think you have to do anything to "reveal" the statues - from where you are, if you just keep turning right, you'll eventually come across them (there are four of them) which is the general rule of navigating a maze.

However, a more direct route is:

spoiler:
    If you found the keeper medallion, then you were in what I call the mini-mansion . . . go back into the secret passage you took to get there. In that first dark room (which you originally entered through the secret banner) there was a dead body next to a large crate. Behind that crate is a hole and ladder - the ladder deposits you right at one of the statues. Good luck!

Ghost
    Thanks, Taffedinthehead.

I finally found a statue; part of my problem was that I never originally found the room with the secret banner and the dead Keeper -- because I didn't have the key; I just entered the "mini-mansion" the old fashioned way: through the front doors, after knocking out everybody around the place, including all four watchtowers.

Now I'm down the rabbit hole, into the basement, down again, and down a vine into a well; with some artful leaping, I managed to get into a tiny grotto at one end. There is a non-frobbable skull here, but there doesn't seem to be any way through the hole into the area where I can see a tomb. I thought there might be a switch that opened up a passage -- maybe that grate at the opposite end, underwater. But if there is, I sure can't find it!

I'm very close, but I can't get the last little bit.

Edit: Aha... I actually can fit through that little hole with the skull! I had to crouch, then use the "Komag diagonal" to get enough oomph to push up and through. But now I'm in, still hunting that elusive Pimpernel.

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 18th Nov 2005 at 19:00.

You are right at the end of the level - as I recall, the final scene is across the bridge - when you frob the right object, your spy will appear!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast