TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Haddur T2 FM

Ghost
    Yeesh.

So now I'm at the end of Siege, and I have to swordfight a mechanist who has about 10,000 hit points. Since I just die every time, after going through all this, I have to ctrl-alt-shift-end my way to the next level.

This mission pack has pissed me off more than almost any other. I am soooo close to just deleting if off the disk as a bad job.

I cannot think of any way to improve my combat skills to the point where I can avoid dying here. Is there some trick? Something I missed? Some secret way of doing this without just dying?

Oh, for a gas arrow.

What was Turi Robert thinking, I wonder? How many players are going to be able to kill that Mechanist without dying first?

This sort of thing really wrecks the mission for me. (And I notice an awful lot of folks saying similar things about other areas of the mission pack... something one rarely sees on this forum, full as it is of really intense Thief players.)

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 19th Nov 2005 at 18:40.

Mission 6 Waking?

Need help again
    spoiler:
    completed objectives except break the lever at front gate....I can't find the front gate????
    Thanks. Help!

Ghost
    completed objectives except break the lever at front gate....I can't find the front gate????
    Coreyb2, I think it's on the fourth floor (the same floor with the Treebeast. The lever is on the right.

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by coreyb2
    Need help again
    spoiler:
    Thanks. Help!

I thought I'd missed it too -
    spoiler:
    once your other objectives are complete, you can go back to the gate and the first set of doors will have opened so you can access the second set where the lever is.

Dafydd - I didn't have any trouble with the Mechanist - you know how to circle strafe while swiping? Just back up enough and circle around him (usually I go around to my left, towards the side the enemy holds his weapon, to shorten his ability to strike. Then, as you get around his side toward his back, swipe and keep circling - hopefully he will keep circling to try to face you and, if you keep the right distance, you'll keep striking his back till he goes down!

Ghost
    I know the theory, Taffedinthehead, but I just couldn't make it work this time.

Dafydd

Mission 6 Waking!

Thank you both for the help!
    I've worked too hard now to give up on this FM. I can't wait to see the
    ending, that is if I can get there.
    coreyb

Mission 7 problem!

I've completed the 1st two objective
    spoiler:
    now all I have to do is return to where I started. I ran back through the spiders and treebeast and I'm back at the start but can't get the mission to end. Is there a specific spot as I've moved all over the area and still no ending? Help please.
    Thanks.

Ghost
    Coreyb2, did you notice a knife stuck in a stump where you started?

Dafydd

Mission 7????

No I can't find a knife in a stump at the start and I don't see any stumps. Do you mean by the spiders or the treebeast area? Guess I've gone blind as I don't see any way out of here.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by coreyb2
    No I can't find a knife in a stump at the start and I don't see any stumps. Do you mean by the spiders or the treebeast area? Guess I've gone blind as I don't see any way out of here.
    Thanks.

Yes, as I recall right at the last area (where you originally started, either exactly where you started, or near that first spider you encountered) there should be a dagger in the ground (I believe it was lit as well) which once you frob the mission ends - shouldn't matter, though . . . if you've completed the objectives you've finished it, whether or not the game ends there. Maybe you missed an additional objective? I remember some readables near the room where you found the keeper statue that you had to move - maybe one of those triggered an additional objective . . . can't remember, I've played like ten FMs since then!

Thanks again!

I'll search again for the knife in the ground. No I only have the 3 objectives.
    This was a hard FM but thanks to your help I'm going to finish. It only took me 15 hours!!!
    Thanks, coreyb

I have a question about mission 3.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    I have a question about mission 3.

Why?

Why what?

No spy here

Quote Originally Posted by Sxerks
    When you get down into the sewers after you get the keepers medallion/key and use it on a statue in the sewer, there is a small switch on the wall inside. Go down til you reach a tomb with a rope to the ceiling and a lantern on the ground, that is where the spy is.
    I am in that very place but there is no one here.

The rope leads up to what looks like a tomb stuck to the ceiling.

What am I missing?

Like coreyb2 I'm stuck in mission 7. Can't find a way to end the mission. Help needed.

Why what?
    I was looking for motivation to continue... but I have (wisely I think) moved on...

what a waste of time

i'm in mission 3 found the guy on top of my place but he doesn<,t do anything

what did i miss ??

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat
    i'm in mission 3 found the guy on top of my place but he doesn<,t do anything

what did i miss ??

spoiler:
    When you go inside (rope up into the window) you will find a scroll and some new objectives

Quote Originally Posted by essaniael
    I am in that very place but there is no one here.

The rope leads up to what looks like a tomb stuck to the ceiling.

What am I missing?
    As I recall:
    spoiler:
    There is something in there you frob, either something on the ground, or the coffin, or something on the coffin, and when you do, the spy appears on top of the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by karstenpontoppi
    Like coreyb2 I'm stuck in mission 7. Can't find a way to end the mission. Help needed.

I'll have to go back and reload this FM to see what you guys might be missing - but again, the sword in the ground is what you need to frob to end it. If there is no sword, then there may be a missing objective that you were supposed to pick up along the way - I can't remember, but I'll try to get back to you tonight!

Oh bother!

I quick-saved just after killing one of the heads of Haddur, at mission 5!

So when I load i just get the skull and crossbones!

Oh boo hoo!

I can't possibly play all that again this year!!

Does anyone have a savegame at the start of mission 5 (or even 4), that is the mission AFTER the one where the zombies are fighting the fire mages in the garden outside the derelict house?

Hopefully,

e

I have never spent so much time doing so little with an fm. After, 5 hours I have only 700 in loot. I am in, I guess, mission 3 at what is called the mini-mansion. In reading the posts, I have apparently missed an easy way in. Someone said to go to the left of the big gun and through the first door. Well, that door is locked and I don't have a key. So, I have spent forever dodging or bopping guards (why are there so dang many archers??????) and am now pinned down by an archer on top of a block wall. This is a sanitarium? Anyway, I think I need to backtrack. Is there an easier way to get up to this top area? I am about to give up.

Facing the gun, go to the left - there is a door . . . if you cannot unlock it, try sword-bashing it (if it's wooden). Once inside, you'll be looking for a couple of easily found switches for the next few rooms.

I'm getting ready to re-load this one since so many people are still having trouble with it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast