TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Good Samaritan (T2) Dec. 17/05

before going to the 'office'
    spoiler:
    go to the (ice cream?) shop which is on the left as you exit the sewer
    . There is a notice on the door which you shuold read. Next to it is something related to the notice. Use it by the office.

Help me further please, because I try and I try ánd I try.
    Am I thát blind?!!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Heres some help
    http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dump0023ru.jpg

Its what you should see on your left when you pop your head above the sewers

This is one nutty FM!

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz
    How do we use the
    spoiler:
    toolbox?
    when I pick it up, it acts like a crate and I can throw it around but thats about it.
    spoiler:
    how do we use it to repair pipes
    I'm wondering that, too.

Zach

As for the tool box
    spoiler:
    I just threw it at the pipe right outside the office in the methane gas area

After you frob DewDrop
    spoiler:
    Go back inside the hotel room and read book on chair

Mask
    spoiler:
    Back into hotel room and check out little book under bed for a key which opens the crate near Sluggs warehouse

Gloria

spoiler:
    Go up ladder read note on door and right beside it is a post box with a letter, take that letter and go up the stairs to other mail box and use letter, once door is open then you can use office key

Regarding the pipe:
    spoiler:
    It seems to have nothing to do with the toolbox (at least on expert).

I walked up to the leak, and got a 'new quest found' message. I then went back into the room with the sausages (yummy!) and turned a rotating handle which stopped the water pooring out:
    screenshot

Thanks Taffers: You've helped me a lot ......... but now: humour me: I let my Christmas "worstenbroodjes" almost burn in the oven ....so : what's next?

I've been in the "poisened air area" ...with NO mask?!!
    I'm still alive, but still have no Mask or whatever.
    I got the loot, but what do I do next?!

I went back to the book under the bed, but with no results.
    That's not what I read on this thread ...... I should find something there .... isn't it!?
    Or am I still missing something here ?

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

spoiler:
    After the poisoned air area there is a large sliding door which can be opened.
    It opens up to a small office area. In there on a desk is a letter. Read it.

A new quest should pop up. Go and check that book that you could not frob before. Use the newly found key in the Crate by Sluggs Cart Shop.

Take the mask to the Office where you read the letter.

SWEET FM !!! IN MY TOP TEN ITS SO KOOL !!!

i cant download it, any alternative link?

mirrors

while original link is down right now.
    once again mirrors:
    1) Scoorge
    2) john9818a
    3) Taffy Mug

Still trying to figure out what to do with the spidey-mask. Also, what's with the
    spoiler:
    worms
    in the wastebasket?
    I guess I have to give up on this one for now.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz
    spoiler:
    After the poisoned air area there is a large sliding door which can be opened.
    It opens up to a small office area. In there on a desk is a letter. Read it.

A new quest should pop up. Go and check that book that you could not frob before. Use the newly found key in the Crate by Sluggs Cart Shop.

Take the mask to the Office where you read the letter.

Thanks, I did all that. It really helped me get along, but: WHAT??? about that mask. I can't do anyting, while carrying it .......... and if I put it down somewhere .... ANYWHERE ...it makes no difference to any part of the game....

I've got all
    spoiler:
    voodoo signs, 850 in loot, letters, keys a.s.o. but don't know a way to get to the sliding platform above, or to the area with the trainsound ánd the place where the treebeast is walking around. I can put my vine arrow up there, but it's too short to climb onto it.
    Is there a way to climb up there, or open the door to this area?

Sluggs, you invented great new stuff, but this mission doesn't make much sense to me, apart from the murder on Dewdrop!!! which I said I forgave you .... and ONLY THIS ONCE!!! ).
    It's hard though

I don't see any reaction of you on this thread!?
    Where are you???
    You did a great job, entertaining us all with all of these riddles, so get here to get the honour you deserve, for you're really one of the geatest FM makers on this forum. At least: that's my opinion!
    The're a lot more also, but you're surely one of them!

But: .never do that to Dewdrop again please? I can't save her in this one.
    Why not, BTW?!

So Taffers, help me out of my misery and let me know the final truth about this game: How does it end?!!!

Gloria Creep

Well done Sluggy dear,

What a truly tafferish FM this is. Gloria,

spoiler:
    To finish I shot a water arrow at the electrical charges above the Gasolene tank.

On the surface, a seemingly simple quest, until you realise that you don't actually know what that quest is!! Top marks.
    Last edited by marycwmbach; 26th Dec 2005 at 18:16. Reason: typo

Finished on Expert

Well, I finished it on expert, but I had very little idea what I was doing or why, like most of the other players. Without this forum, I could not have done it. Even then, there was no signal, like objective or quest complete, to indicate success at any stage other than the voodoo symbols, which gave some useful feedback. I just did all the things mentioned above and then it ended. I enjoyed playing the mission, but I think it would have been a lot better with some more feedback, such as real objectives provide. BTW, I got 1115 of 1130 loot. Some things I encountered that do not agree with previous suggestions were:
    spoiler:
    The stool alone was insufficient to get the voodoo symbol over the non-existent umbrella. I had to stack something else on the stool using the stack-em-up method. The lantern worked well. Without the stack-em-up trick, I think I could not have done it.
    spoiler:
    I could not land on the ledge when leaping to get the ring. I had to be in perfect position on the vine and then snag the ring in mid-flight while leaping.
    spoiler:
    Initially, I had great difficulty getting onto the vine to get the keys. I had to jump over to the frame around the starting sewer. Later in the mission, for some reason, it became easier.
    spoiler:
    As Zaccheus says, the toolbox has no effect in Expert. I was fooled by the water valve. It turned a couple of times and nothing happened, so far as I know. The last time I turned it, it became frob inert and the water leak stopped.

Where else can this be downloaded from?

Any other locations where to find this fm, the link on the first page has the file removed due to hit/download max quota being reached.

Thanks.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Archivist
    Here you go

Problem with archive

downloaded 3 times and it is not seen as valid with Winzip or DarkLoader 4.1 and 4.2. Can somebody re-package the zip file and test it?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

looking for good copy of good samaritan

thanks for the link. trying to download, the server is busy. will try again later.

I put a copy up at:

http://conan.shackspace.com/TheGoodSamaritan.zip

There shouldn't be any problems with busy.

Try Good Samaritan again.

Thanks, will try again. Hopefully this copy will not cause Winzip to say it is invalid, possibly part of a multi-part archive , spanned archive.

Will let you know if any troubles.

I'm currently updating this mission. I've listened to all your comments and most of them will be rectified.

There's much i've already fixed. Some of you have had trouble with certain things, things like reaching the sign above the table and the leaky pipe...

There's a couple of crates to use for the sign and, as hinted in the readme, "Look at the source of the problem" you only have to look directly at the source of the leak. (There are hidden markers that activate things when looked at)

No comments from OttoJ55/Yandros? That's it, i've fallen out with you taffers!

I'll 'ave ye later.

Note that the loacation of the Fan missions on my "site" has changed :
    http://vsonnier1.free.fr/Thief_FanMi...ief2_missions/

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast