TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Good Samaritan (T2) Dec. 17/05

thanks for hosting, Kerrle, I was afraid I wouldn't get to play this one!

Thiefmissions.com

Should I wait for the new version to add this to thiefmissions.com?

Epithumia, i think that it would be a better bet to wait for the 2nd version before putting it on thiefmissions.com I can't see any point in putting it up as it stands. Just after release, i discovered that some things bothered me about the FM so i started making some changes here and there and after taffers' comments here, i made even more! Now, i think i'm going to expand it a little more, adding a few more quests as i go. Now i'm back, i'll be able to get it betatested, i already have one betatester up to the task.

Much has been done to fix stuff and i'll be releasing it soon, after it has been Beta-tested.

BTW...

I'm Baaaaack! Da Slugg hath returned... Run away!
    Last edited by sluggs; 24th Jan 2006 at 00:10.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

EDIT: Troll and Toad doesn't like external links apparently.
    Last edited by Yandros; 23rd Jan 2006 at 15:10.

Am i missing something Yandros? Ah, someone's nicked the piccie! I guess there was a slug in there somewhere!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Aye, but 'tis fixed now laddie!

Ah yes, so it be and i'm still in ze dark! K, it's a giant slug and i'm sure that's all i need to know really.

*At least it's not lying dead in a bowl of beer!*

Don't mind me for asking, but where can I find this fixed version of The Good Samaritan?

It's not finished yet. I'll let everyone know when it is.

After reading
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    When i've finished on my second release of The Good Samaritan, i'm going really crazy with FM designing!
    in your decide my next fm thread, I thought you had finished. My bad.

But, an FM like The Good Samarian is surly worth the wait.

Thankyou very much.

Since i'm currently updating this FM, does anyone have any more comments about the mission?

Apart from things like not knowing when a quest has been completed, puppet fish, death by crates, etc, which have all been fixed, is there anything else that bothered you? I'd like to know now so i can make the changes before it's re-released.

Your input is invaluable and i thankyou all for your previous comments.

Nobody has mentioned the animated windows yet! Are these working alright for you? (The one's with Basso and the Haunt appearing?)

I see the haunt. Took me by suprise there.

Hows about putting some kind of indication of tasks either on screen or on the objectives page?
    Honestly, i'd like to see more interaction with building interiors, like more rooms, but that would just halt the production of this great one of a kind fm.

Please note, i'm not used to being the one to suck up.

Has anyone found all the secrets in the game? I am missing two of them.

spoiler:
    They're hiding someplace above the city.
    Only those that like to get where they shouldn't be getting, will find them.

I thought so already, but how can I get up there and where?

It's a little difficult but...
    spoiler:
    you can mantle onto the top of the building from the broken sign above the window!

If you look very carefully at the top of the big Chimney, in hard diff only, which obviously you're playing in at the moment, you'll notice
    spoiler:
    a pair of legs hanging off the edge!
    That's a big hint on where to look.

I can see the legs but I canīt see any broken sign. Do you meen the wooden thing where you can place your vine arrows?

Do I need anything else like boxes? Or is it possible to climb without help?

Yes, the wooden thing. No, you don't need anything else. Try and face the right hand side of the post and mantle up from the top of the vine. It'll take a few goes but it's not impossible! The fourth secret is impossible without the help of a certain potion/bottle of tablets.

Hay sluggs...when ya gonna be done fixing the game. I want to play this odd mission but I am waiting for the fixed version.

I'm not sure! Depends if i add new areas or not. My time has been consumed by the Internet and i haven't done anything lately! I don't want to rush it, if it takes a couple more months to make it better, then let it be so. I'll be making some new textures shortly and maybe a few more models. Right now, i'm playing through "A Night in Rocksbourgh (Discovery)

Oh, what's "Odd" with the FM? Is it the way you complete the objectives or is it just all the new objects like the Trains/Balloons/Plane? I'm curious!

Nobody knows this but this FM is based on someone's dream, hence all the strange new things like ToxicMan! The planet revolving above the City is not the Moon, but Crideon, a planet that i thought up years ago, in the old Amiga days, for a game that i made.

The bed in the Hotel room, had the dude that was having the dream, but he since got removed. The Good Samaritan is the sort of FM that i like making. I'd like to make the FM to end all FM's but i haven't seen it yet, so i can't make it, you know, from a dream or something! Oh yeah, 'tis i that's odd!
    Last edited by sluggs; 11th Feb 2006 at 10:45.

soooooooo it is playable. Mabey I will try it as is. I really never got beyond the first scene then I saw pepole had problems so I did not want to invest a bunch of time in something I cant finish. If v1 is playable I may dabbel in it. Odd is a Thief shopping cart , or neon signs in the thief world. I guess I havent seen nothing yet.

As far as i know, you should be able to complete it. There hasn't been enough interest in this so i don't know if everyone who's played it, has been able to finish it.

Things are going very well at the moment. I've been adding some new textures, and making tweaks hither and dither. There's a new starting position on "Expert" difficulty. Everything's working very well and the framerate's gone up too. You now know when a quest has been completed. I'll keep you informed.

Warning: Do not host this user's FMs - Digi
    Please!! Anyone has an idea about HOW to download The Good Samaritan?? Or where?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast