TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The Good Samaritan (T2) Dec. 17/05

Warning: Do not host this user's FMs - Digi
    Sorry, now I know what to do! Waaait looking forward to play this

Check northeast's post on page 3 if you can't wait for the new version.

You'll find a link to it there.

I can compare the waiting of the re-release like fans waiting for HL2.

Thankyou very much. Much has changed, for the better. Thanks to Vigil, my factory has nice new textures too!

Ghost
    Help!

I literally can't even get started... I don't have a clue what to do.

I start in a big pipe with Garrett saying I have to find another way. There is an outside room with a stationary, spinny Thief, a Keeper, and a guy tending a fire.

There is water, there's a hotel or somesuch with an Enter sign.

spoiler:
    I can climb out by the crate inside a cage and flip off the light. I can pick the crate open, but it's empty.

I can dart across and enter the Enter sign -- though the Keeper usually alerts -- but inside, all I can find is a potted plant. There's a locked door I can't open, a book underneath it that doesn't frob, a lamp I can turn off, and an Exit.

On the other side of the Thief is Sluggs' carriage factory. No joy there; I can't see anything to do.

From the area of the crate, I can shoot my lone vine arrow into a wooden signpole sticking out above a broken window; I can see a key in there, but I can't get close enough to frob it... probably because I'm shooting from the side, so the arrow is sticking out and keeping me too far away from the key. I tried shooting it from over by the display carriage, but I couldn't make the shot. In any case, I read here that the key doesn't open the locked door in the hotel, which is the only door I've found.

Around the side of the factory seems to be just a dead end.

And that's it. I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to do. I don't see any gratings, ladders, sewers, "hopping bunny" guards, haunts, gondolas, masks, voodoo signs, patridges, or pear trees.

Can someone please get me pointed in the right direction? What is the first thing I should do?

Again, H-E-L-P!!

Thanks,

Dafydd

If you read this thread it should have all the answers. The key can be picked up if you jump off the rope arrow and get close enough.

Both keys are there on expert. Thanks for playing Daffyd, although i didn't intend this to be ghosted, but i'm sure you'll give it a shot!

Ghost
    I don't think it's ghostable, Sluggs; too many AI alert too easily for that. But I am determined to play it Lytha style, if I can... although I'm not off to a good start on the "body count" tally: both the Thief and the Keeper in the beginning room managed to find a way to fall into the water and drown!

The first gave me a "body count" warning; I didn't notice if the second did. Or rather first, since the K fell in before the T. Do Ks count?

spoiler:
    I've gotten several quests: the voodoo sign, of which I've found four (two left, I believe); I got a quest when I looked at the sign on the ice cream shop which complained about bad delivery; I took the letter and put it in the other mailbox, which opened a door... but I don't know if that counts as satisfying a quest. I opened the other sewer, raided the office, and swam until I found the note about the mask, the pipe, and the burrick; haven't even begun to complete these quests.

I'm pretty much stuck there, but at least I can go back and reread the posts here, since I've managed to struggle out of the starting blocks.

Dafydd

Sorry about not being able to know if a certain quest has been completed or not. This has been fixed for the next release with much more done.

do you mean that they will be displayed in the objectives area?

still cant wait!!

Ghost
    Is the new version out? If so, how can I tell which one I have? Mine is file TheGoodSamaritan.zip, and the size is 19.26Mb.

I'm having problems with quests that I think are not completing when I do what I think I'm supposed to do. Playing in Expert.

spoiler:
    I finished the VD quest, and I think I finished the Dewdrop quest; at least, I found the letter, and I was given a new quest to take revenge on Sluggs. But when I shot a water arrow at the electrical thingie near the gasoline tank (it was showing red electricity, where before it was blue), I get sparks and such but no explosion.

I have the mask but don't know what do to with it. Evidently, neither does anybody else -- though some have completed the mission. I dropped it on the table in the room where I found the letter (near the sausages), but nothing happened. Maybe it did complete the quest but just didn't notify me?

There was no methane gas in the sewer when I entered (either pipe). I flipped the fan switch anyway; it blew up or something, and the fans stopped rotating. I approached the leaking pipe in the upper area where the alarmed door to the office is, and I got a quest. I went into the office area and rotated the hand-crank; it rotated, and the pipe stopped leaking. The crank became non-frobbable thereafter... but I never got the little ringing or any onscreen indication that I had completed that quest.

I'll try again on the mask and see if the electricity thing works now.

By the way, is there any way to get up to the area way up high above the generator, where there is a picnic table and a man standing up there? Also, what is the quest associated with the pagan and the unfrobbable (currently) door in the area with the huge pipe overhead?

Edit: Curiouser and curiouser.

spoiler:
    I dropped the mask on the desk; no notification. I shot a water arrow at the generator, and while there was no explosion, I suddenly got an "objective completed" Thief message.

I checked my messages, and everything but loot was now checked off (none of the quests were on my objective list, of course; I mean the body count, not letting the Keepers find a body, etc).

I had 1000 loot, but 50 was in goods, not gold. So I returned, shot the vine arrow into the post, and climbed up high. I jumped out and frobbed the ring -- and that satisfied the loot requirement, so the game finished.

BUT -- I never found any use for the fire extinguisher, nor that whole section where the pagan was (except for the VD there), nor did I find a single secret... yet my screen showed 0 of 0 secrets. Are these secrets not official game secrets, but just interesting things? Or are there only secrets in other levels?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 21st Feb 2006 at 06:06.

All the secrets are on a different difficulty setting, being "Hard" Two of those will only be available to those who like to climb where they shouldn't be climbing! On "Hard" difficulty, look close at the big chimney for a hint where the other two secrets reside. The area where the big pipe resides, was a last minute addition, after deciding that the mission wasn't big enough.

On "Hard" setting, you also get a time limit of 30 minutes, which will cease when all the quests are complete, then you can do as you please, even killing everyone! In the sewers, the door with the alarm will be locked tight until 10:50 IIRC. You will not be able to enter that area until that time. You can check the clocks for the current time. This will also give you time to do other stuff and check things out. Once 10:50 is up, you should get a message letting you know that you only have 10 minutes, of your 30 minute time limit left, and that's when you need to make a move. Once you've done your quests, you are free to do as you please.

The fire extinguisher's are just for fun and making Guards jump around! Also if you hang around the crack in the floor where the archer is, you may just see him trip over it! Look to the skies, and you may just see a plane!

The next version isn't finished yet, but it won't be long. This time you'll know when an objective has been completed, via an on-screen message.

Much has changed in the new version.

Thanx for playing the mission, thanks for the feedback.

How's the framerates been for those of you who've played this?
    Last edited by sluggs; 21st Feb 2006 at 07:48.

hey sluggs, where I can find this FM?

search for 'sluggs' on theifmissions.com. or thiefmissions.com. whatever.

Check northeast's post on page 3. This isn't available at thiefmissions.com yet.

Thiefmissions.com

You know, I'm happy to host the current version and just update it when the new one is ready. I do hate to see people who can't find it.

I'll take you up on that offer. It's not like it can't be completed or anything. Thanks, i've sent you an email with the link. You're very busy this month! More FM's again today!

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    Check northeast's post on page 3. This isn't available at thiefmissions.com yet.
    huh, I swear I saw it posted there. Well, i cannot even remember what I had for breakfast, so...

It is now! And I almost died when I found out it was the old one!

Indeed. The one on thiefmissions appears to be the old one, as the two zips i have are exactly the same file size and darkloader tells me they are both version 1.

Warning: Do not host this user's FMs - Digi
    I got some questions..

On normal, I can't get the key froom junior room's book under bed. Even I know the frobbing distance is so small.

Office key: where should i use it????

orange door at top of "seen-better-dayz" stairs... how to open it?????

one more thing: I have found all the voodooo signs.

And what about sewer #1??

Who's Junior?

spoiler:
    You can't frob that book until you've read a certain letter, In sewer #1

spoiler:
    You'll need to read the note on the ice cream shop's door, then take the letter from the post box and shove it in Slugg's postbox.

Sewer number one will be accessible when you've entered the factory, and frobbed a control panel.

Yes, this is the same version. Jason offered to host it, even tho' it's not the updated one. You should have checked the readme out first before downloading. The new and improved version won't be too long now. \0/

Awesome graphics, congratulations

Very creative ideas have been put in this mission. Unfortunately I'am to stupid to complete it (on hard). I nearly found nothing what was talked about in this thread.

Where is a mask to find for avoiding the deadly gas in the sewer? I always lost life-points down there. (My personal goal since ever playing thief is to finish a mission without loosing any life points)

How can the mechanican in the sewer be pickpocket and bj? The moment the door slides open he is on the run, never calming down. I could only kill him.

Never managed to fix the pipe.

The time remaining after reading the letter from table in sewers always was too short to do all the rest, no matter how I approached things. The AI are way too hard to handle. I had to wait loooong times after they spotted me once (what sometimes seems to be unavoidable) before they return to their places and could be sneaked. And so on and on.

I'm still hopeing for a step-by-step walkthrough for me dummy to enjoy all of the mission.

Ghost
    Where are the slowfall tablets?

By the way, when I grab the secret on top of the tower with the too-oft bashed guy, it appears to delete the two I already had, leaving that objective unfilled. I haven't checked to see if they've reloaded, let me go see: nope; once they're gone, they're gone. Gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday....

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 1st Mar 2006 at 06:22.

Gone like the wind? Weird, i'll check into that! Slowfall tablets? Don't you mean Go faster tablets?

@ exori,

The guy in the sewer, i guess when the alarm goes off, he becomes alert, meaning you can't KO him, even if you could, it would raise the body count tally.

There's no mask to avoid the Methane in the sewers. On "Expert" there is no Methane, just to let you know.

The pipe is the leaking one outside Larson's workplace. Look directly at the source of the leak to show the new quest.

As a step-by-step walkthrough, i think such things spoil missions. You're not meant to know what to do in this mission, that's what makes it so different from normal FM's.

Thanks for the comments on ideas and the architecture.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast