TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The Good Samaritan (T2) Dec. 17/05

sluggs

Thanks for the answer. I presume it was the best way to wipe out this guy in sewers, despite of the body counts. He really was annoying to me. Did I got it right? He's always alerted, because the alarm always starts when the gate is opened? So how could I pickpocket his key? I tried two times to hide in the dark waiting for him to calm down, twice he never did. Only the time ran out and I lost. Body count may be quite funny as other players already stated. It's obiously not my fault when AI's are too stupid to stay on their own feet. More than once both persons in the starting area fell into the water and drowned without any affection. First time I was very disturbed, a long time after I left the place suddenly the message of body count appears. It took me quite a while to find out what was the reason. (The drowned thief)

Many thanks for the hint with the mask. So I'm forced to loose life-points what a pitty.

Very good the "nasty thing" from one of the crates. Coool. I threw it onto the railroad-bridge and it even stopped a coming train, but then was smashed an disappeared.

Of course a walkthrough might spoil the fun. But I became very frustrated not to know what to do (what was the intention I learned now) and not being able to finish a mission. (OK. "hard" may have too hard for me, perhaps I try again "normal" one time) I hate to abandon an unfinished mission!
    Last edited by exori; 1st Mar 2006 at 10:30.

Ghost
    Sluggs, all right, then, the speed tablets (methamphetamine?)... I'd like to see the fourth secret (I can see where it is). Where can I find those pills?

For those of you taking too much damage running back and forth in the methane tunnels -- did you investigate that square structure sticking up out of the floor in Sewerman's office? Did you notice it was an open shaft?

Dafydd

any idea on when the update will be ready?
    I'm not demanding , just anxious

Work's halted on my FM's at the moment! I'm busy beta testing like there's no tomorrow, i'm also playing through Thief: Deadly Shadows. Got my work cut-out with these beta tests! I'm on my 3rd beta testing round and i'm doing two at the same time! PHEW!

Both "The Good Samaritan" and "Annilhilated" should be done within a month, hopefully!

work work work,i know how that is, no worries as long as you finish it

Sluggs, when you are done with all of this, TAKE A BREAK! Seems like you have been working your butt off! Oh well, do what you love, love what you do.

It must be just me, but...

It definitely seems to be only just me, but anyone else find this FM way too sluggish and slow to play? I can't go on with it, which is too bad...

It does demand a higher spec PC than the usual FM's. This is because of the detail, lots of higher poly models and all the timers and counters working in the background. Try lowering the screen res and/or setting the sky detail to "Low"

Just popping in to check the progress on the new version, since there's been no activity in this thread since March. I just started playing Good Samaritan yesterday, got stuck, and came in here to discover that a new, improved version should be forthcoming, so I've stopped right where I am until the new version is out. Any updates on that?

--Jennifer

I'm afraid the new version won't be out anytime soon. I stopped working on it and i don't know when i'll be getting back to it. The new version is on my drive at the moment but i've been too busy with making new models and beta testing. Now i'm making a new spooky FM, based inside an old factory!

Well, I'm sad about the indefinite delay on Good Samaritan, but I'm happy about the new mission (which sounds quite nifty ;-), so I guess it'll all come out in the wash. :-P

--Jennifer

Walkthrough?

Anyone got one, for this mission?
    It's the only Thief2 Fan mission I haven't been able to complete. Even with help from this forum.
    Sluggs, you ....
    It's a very different, supprising and creative mission.
    But I've totally lost it here.
    I think I missed the thing with the
    spoiler:
    generator/high voltage thing

What to do? How to proceed south?
    HELP!

Why don't you try his bestest FM? You can complete it very easily!

Bulgarian_Taffer,

As I wrote, it's the only mission I haven't completed. All the other 485 I have completed, some with the help of my fellow taffers, in this forum.

Once you've frobbed dewdrop, a book will be available in the room with the bed. After reading that book, you'll be able to fry the willy-wonka-type chimney by shooting a water arrow at the electrical thingy, to the left of the chimney.

I'll try and get the new version finished soon.

Sluggs,

Nothing seems to happen, when I do that. Small explosions is all I get.

spoiler:
    It's the thing up over the gasolin tank I have to shoot a water arrow at, right?

Yes. Once you've done that, you'll get explosions and the letters on the chimney will stop lighting up. You've then done that part. If it doesn't end then, then you've missed something.

Sluggs,

Ok, I've must have missed something. Started over, and now I could complete without any trouble. Thanx for your help.
    Looking forward to the next version of this puzzle mission.

It would be great if the player could get some respons then a job has been completed.
    Last edited by karstenpontoppi; 5th Aug 2006 at 08:29.

All that has already been taken care of. The player now gets a message when an objective has been achieved. Not sure when it'll be finished though. Even my Lighthouse mission's going slow at the moment due to burn-out and testing my new card out.

What an interesting mission!

Kinda post-apocalypse - it was fun seeing all the new objects.

Didn't get all the voodoo signs but managed to spot the following -

spoiler:
    one behind the generator
    up on the wall near the tunnel thingy where the pagan is
    up the access well that's blocked at the top
    down the big access well in the methane gas area
    behind the access grate that you need a key for

I both loved and hated the free-flow style of the mission - it's great when you get that 'ahhhh' feeling as things start to click but it sucks when it's going badly.

CatAnita,

Last sign:
    spoiler:
    Check the wall over the umbrella. You have to jump on top of the umbrella, to se it.

Quote Originally Posted by karstenpontoppi
    CatAnita,

Last sign:
    spoiler:
    Check the wall over the umbrella. You have to jump on top of the umbrella, to se it.

oh ta.

A few years late, I know, but any sign of the "new, improved" version of Good Samaritan? Thanks!

No. Get over it. I did, I think.

I did some work on the next version, but you know me and Dromed! We just don't get along!

However, I'm working on a new FM! THIS ONE WILL GET FINISHED!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast