TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgotten Forest 2 - Polish version released?

Forgotten Forest 2 - Polish version released?

I don't understand Polish, but browsing around Timon's website it looks like the Polish version has been released:

http://timon.thefreebizhost.com/zapZL2.html

So I'm guessing the English version cannot be far behind?

Maybe bukary can look at the page and clarify some things. :-) I don't even know if that's the right page, but I went for it because it had "2" in it.

As far as I know, english version is during translation...

Wow this thing is huge. Not sure what i'm supposed to do but lots of places to explore and 8 secrets.

Yep, creepy, big level, but iīm already stuck. Lots of locked doors and i found no key at all. Better to wait for english version. There are a lot of readables around....
    Good work, Timon. Thank you.

Edit: Itīs easy to miss some areas. Playing time now 4:35 hours. This is HUGE !

Donīt know where to use special library-key. Solved: opens portculli in secret room near 2 harps
    Last edited by UliB; 12th Jan 2006 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB
    Yep, creepy, big level, but iīm already stuck. Lots of locked doors and i found no key at all. Better to wait for english version. There are a lot of readables around....
    Good work, Timon. Thank you.

Edit: Itīs easy to miss some areas. Playing time now 4:35 hours. This is HUGE !

Donīt know where to use special library-key. Solved: opens portculli in secret room near 2 harps
    Dang. You got me excited.... can't wait ...

Well, Forgotten Forest 2 was released few months ago... for Polish fans

Definitely wait for English version, because you won't be able to finish this, if you don't know what to do.

mhm, i dunno but i think our postman is polish, hm i have to take em as a hostage and let em go after the translation into german is ready

Archivist
    Yes it's here Good job Timon! Is the english translation almost ready?

I would love to play the english version soon. Without understanding the (large amount of) texts, i donīt know, how to finish some objectives.
    Iīve played more than 8 hours and discovered a lot of things, but still have less than 50% of loot .
    This is a massive FM for explorers. Be sure to have enough spare time, when you start playing this.
    Congrats, Timon. Love it.

I have a problem...

When i play the mission, Thief opens up in a window and no i can't maximise it either and in any case it would still be in a window instead of how it normally is. When i do go into the mission itself the colours are like 16 bit colours for some parts and then it crashes anyway.

Anyone else suffer from this...

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    Is the english translation almost ready?
    I don't know. My translater has been missing. I haven't seen him since 29th December.

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by Timon
    I don't know. My translater has been missing. I haven't seen him since 29th December.
    Maybe Van Hellsing is on holiday or something. He can't be really gone . Have you tried sending him a pm/email?

d. Dec 2017
    Oh boy, oh boy....can hardly wait. I enjoyed your other FM, so am eager to play this one with English translation.

bikerdude

Found a Polish to english translator engine...

http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTra...rom=pol&to=eng

Not very good though as only half the words are translated..

And here is the link if you fancy having a play etc

http://daminet.pl/%7Etimonsz/ZL2_PL.zip
    Last edited by bikerdude; 15th Jan 2006 at 10:46.

Thanks Bikerdude for the link ! downloading now...

going to play this one in Polish... makes a little change

Mosley
    Cool, Calm, Collected

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude
    http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTra...rom=pol&to=eng

Not very good though as only half the words are translated..
    This thing is BAD. Those translated words are translated WRONG. The whole text does not make any sense at all... Sorry, folks.

bikerdude

er..

well, it was the best I could find via google, if you can find a better site etc, Im sure it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bukary
    This thing is BAD. Those translated words are translated WRONG. The whole text does not make any sense at all... Sorry, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude
    well, it was the best I could find via google, if you can find a better site etc, Im sure it would be appreciated.
    I did not mean to atttack you, Bikerdude. It's just that this quasi-translator will not help you with FF2.

Such translators almost never work with Slavic. Our grammar makes every computer cry... It even made Noam Chomsky cry. (Fortunately, Langacker is the man!)

bikerdude

no probs

lol np dude, I didnt take it a dig etc

yeah, and that was the best engine i could find after 20 mins

And who the hell is Noam Chomsky - its ok i googled it :-) http://www.chomsky.info/about.htm

Maybe someone can help me ? I found keys for all locked doors or found other ways to enter the area behind .

There are two places left, where i am clueless:
    1: 1 secret small "hatch" under a board near 2 toilets in a bathroom. Maybe this is an exit only

2: Near/under the library a big "stone door", which highlights on approach. I think, this could be opened !? Thereīs a sign reading "Alegoria przedstawiajaca Pana Naszego Metelona..."

I can't help but ask: IS THE TRANSLATION DONE YET?

Forgotten forest 2

Ulib, Bukary,

I'm also playing FF 2 in the Polish version.

Ulib :
    spoiler:
    where did you find the special library key ? I've only found four keys up to now among those the key to the canal. I also have the key to brother Adam's room but can't find where this room is situated. Can you please help me ? Thank you

Bukary :
    spoiler:
    is it possible to have a brief summary of the story in FF 2 ? I already have two objectives completed, found four keys and 1330 loot. The story takes place in an abandonned hammer monastery but what happened there with all these skeletons lying around everywhere ? You can tell Timon his mission is excellent as usual and I like it very much but I feel very frustrated not being able to understand what to do. Thank you

Mosley
    Cool, calm, collected
    Last edited by Mosley; 25th Jan 2006 at 12:29.

@ Mosley: When you start the mission, you can find a golden orb with a cross on it in your inventory. Well, find 2 more and also find a place to use them. But iīm afraid, i canīt tell more details, i only remember searching for many hours everywhere for secrets and passageways. And there are a lot of them

Edit: corrected a number
    Last edited by UliB; 7th Feb 2006 at 11:31.

Mosley, I'll talk to Timon. Perhaps he'll write an "offical" summary of FF2 that I'll try to translate. I would gladly translate the whole mission (with the help of incredible, as usually, Linda ), but I don't have the time right now.

BTW, if anyone is interested, here's the list of secrets (screenshots).

Most odd. I didn't have
    spoiler:
    any golden balls (!) about my person to start with - somehow, one has just appeared along with some lockpicks which I didn't have earlier. I got some new objectives along the way, maybe that triggered these items. I'd love to know what the new objectives are, and the old ones. I've done something right though because an optional obj. appeared and is ticked

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast