TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Broken Hammers Version 2 (12 Jan 2006)

T2 FM: Broken Hammers Version 2 (12 Jan 2006)

I'm uploading version 2 of broken hammers, so I think it will be ready in a couple of a hours.

The update contains several bug fixes, including the one that made the first version unwinable.
    Last edited by nickie; 18th Jun 2012 at 04:30. Reason: Added date

I didn't play the earlier version; but I've had a few troubles with v2:

- Whilst I've picked up a sword, I can't find the rest of Garrett's stuff. I'm all the way into the catacombs now.

- The gate where you see the two blue guards on the other side, and the
    spoiler:
    two ghosts crying for help, only to be followed by two "undead ghosts"
    is actually frobbable. You can get out there, and there's a missing block where you can see into void.

Some gameplay help next:
    spoiler:
    I have the explosive and the key, but have no idea where to use the explosive and where the locked door for this key is. Not to mention I have no fire arrows to set the former off!
    Last edited by chis; 12th Jan 2006 at 05:35.

I'm playing v.2 and I keep getting locked in the shed with the Hammer commanders. I tried waiting up to five minutes after they've delivered their dialogue but the door never becomes frobable.

Garrett's stuff

spoiler:
    I found it in the church

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirk
    The update contains several bug fixes, including the one that made the first version unwinable.
    Don't take offense, but did you have the first version beta tested? Sounds like you didn't... this is the sort of problem that testers will catch (and also, unfortunately, that will cause people to not want to download v2 since they have a bad taste in their mouth from v1).

ALL FM AUTHORS: PLEEEEEASE USE BETATESTERS!

Love the atmosphere. This mission does have good qualities.

Not bad at all. Even on normal there were a couple tough spots. Ended a little soon though but all in all it was fun.
    I hope to see some more work from the author!

It keeps crashing.

I can play the origional T1 starting from Lord B's ....but when I load Broken Hammers the game crashes very soon after I click "Play Broken Hammers" I just installed T1 with the V1.33 patch,thief gold patch,convict.ism, and the darkhooks+scropts.osm custom scripts....what is it I have failed to do. OH ....my OS is Windows XP......see sig for system specs. Also in Darkloader says Broken Hammers is listed as a T2 Mission but I can only load it in T1.?????

OK..Update....Garrett loader sees it as a T2 mission but Darkloader says it is a T1 mission. I guess I use Garrettloader.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 13th Jan 2006 at 00:48.
    Wether you say you can't, or can, your right !

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci
    Garrett's stuff

spoiler:
    I found it in the church
    I found the doors for the
    spoiler:
    church

but they're not frobbable. Can someone please direct me... um... directly, to Garrett's stuff on this map! I'm desperate for some lockpicks!

Edit: okay, found the door and the broken wall. Missions with friendly guards instantly get bonus points.

Edit 2: Even better, you get to battle the undead
    spoiler:
    with the hammers helping you.

Fantastic idea, but I do wish the frame rate wouldn't take a nosedive in that area!!
    Last edited by chis; 13th Jan 2006 at 12:40.

For Garrett's equipment, go downstairs from the only exit to the starting area, cross the cloister, and go to the chapel. There's a haunt standing next to a large iron hammer. The equipment bag should be at his feet or nearby.

The explosive charge is used to blow up a wall in the catecombs.

BTW, for people looking for Garrett's equipment it's all represented as a quiver of arrows not as seperate things.

Mission Complete! Though i swear the AI toughness has been turned up. Plus the reach of their hammers...

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Druart
    I'm playing v.2 and I keep getting locked in the shed with the Hammer commanders. I tried waiting up to five minutes after they've delivered their dialogue but the door never becomes frobable.
    Right. I tried this again and found if you alert the outside hammerites in any way and then enter the shed it messes up the whole sequence - the officers inside the shed also get alerted which is not meant to happen and i get locked in, especially if you go over to the undead horde and one of them chases you back.

This was the first mission I wasn't craving for the loot and concentrated on staying alive instead. A bit too hard yet interesting.

bikerdude

tower key grrrr

Ive killed all the undead in the little town, but where the hell is the tower key...

and, where is garrats stuff.....
    Last edited by bikerdude; 14th Jan 2006 at 16:51.

Bikerdude, his stuff is
    spoiler:
    all in the church
    ... which you have to have been through by now. Read earlier in the thread!

how did you kill everyone? I'm just trying to stay alive! I need the tower key too, but I'm so low on health I might have to start over unless I find a potion

Bikerdude,

spoiler:
    the key is in one of the houses (the one with stairs), ontop of an armoire.

I just (somehow) finished the mission, but I have some questions...
    *I never made it to the catacombs, is there anything worthwhile there?
    *What does the power box in the guard station (the one with two gates, just before the
    spoiler:
    massive battle
    ) do?
    *Where does the little tomb with the unpickable door (just past above gates) lead?

Haunts on steroids!!!

well...i made it through to the end...but have missed something and cannot go back...i do not have explosive charge
    spoiler:
    (but was able to "push" my way through the bricks )

and in the tomb...up the ladder, there is a door that i have no key for...please do not tell me it is on the other SIDE!!!

overall, i really liked this...it was definitely different gameplay from of late, and i enjoyed having to be so sneaky...but i liked it even better when i backstabbed the suckers!

bikerdude

ah ha...

I did the whole town on 4 health points, the only way is to keep retrying, and quick save often. You can take a haunt down in one go with full sword swipe to the beck of their heads.

spoiler:
    But a clue is a lot of the doors are frobbable, and in the rooms there is an upstairs, and in the upstairs rooms there are roof hatches, and some of the rooms have iweapons for you to collect - but use them wisely

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants
    how did you kill everyone? I'm just trying to stay alive! I need the tower key too, but I'm so low on health I might have to start over unless I find a potion

bikerdude

er....

yes, but how did you finish the mission with out going through the catacombs..?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants
    I just (somehow) finished the mission, but I have some questions...
    *I never made it to the catacombs, is there anything worthwhile there?
    *What does the power box in the guard station (the one with two gates, just before the
    spoiler:
    massive battle
    ) do?
    *Where does the little tomb with the unpickable door (just past above gates) lead?

bikerdude

hmmm

The key for that door along with the explosive charge is on the other side
    spoiler:
    in the catacombs...

Quote Originally Posted by nil8hate
    Haunts on steroids!!!

well...i made it through to the end...but have missed something and cannot go back...i do not have explosive charge
    spoiler:
    (but was able to "push" my way through the bricks )

and in the tomb...up the ladder, there is a door that i have no key for...please do not tell me it is on the other SIDE!!!

overall, i really liked this...it was definitely different gameplay from of late, and i enjoyed having to be so sneaky...but i liked it even better when i backstabbed the suckers!

bikerdude

hmmm

a few taffers have avoided going to the catacombs, there is a room down there with green ceiling lights, there u will find the door. As how to use the charge, you should be reading all the notes in the mission..

Quote Originally Posted by chis
    I didn't play the earlier version; but I've had a few troubles with v2:

- Whilst I've picked up a sword, I can't find the rest of Garrett's stuff. I'm all the way into the catacombs now.

- The gate where you see the two blue guards on the other side, and the
    spoiler:
    two ghosts crying for help, only to be followed by two "undead ghosts"
    is actually frobbable. You can get out there, and there's a missing block where you can see into void.

Some gameplay help next:
    spoiler:
    I have the explosive and the key, but have no idea where to use the explosive and where the locked door for this key is. Not to mention I have no fire arrows to set the former off!

bikerdude

I agree

I agree with Yandros, there were still far to many bugs in this mission that had me swearing out loud at the computer,

#dissapearing haunts (in front of the big gate/tower area).
    #dissapearing objects (room with wall to be blasted).
    #incorrect ambient sounds in the catacombs (kept hearing forest ambients instead of creepy ambients).
    #after a quick save, previously unaware haunts, would be alert to my presence.
    #Ceilings far to low in the rooms in the small town, I agree a mission has to be hard, but this is rediculous.
    #sound would cut out, so you cant tell what serface your walking on etc.
    #the haunt in the church was unable to move away from the big metal hammer.
    #this may be a dromed thing, but I found far too many instances of not being able to walk around/past an object unless I was miles away from it. In real life you could step over a small stewl/chair for F...s sake. (and I say that to all Dromeders - make small object walkthrough-able for the sanity of us all.)

I liked the mission, very hard on expert :-) other than that it kept me busy on and off for nearly 6 hrs all told :-)

biker

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros
    Don't take offense, but did you have the first version beta tested? Sounds like you didn't... this is the sort of problem that testers will catch (and also, unfortunately, that will cause people to not want to download v2 since they have a bad taste in their mouth from v1).

ALL FM AUTHORS: PLEEEEEASE USE BETATESTERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude
    a few taffers have avoided going to the catacombs, there is a room down there with green ceiling lights, there u will find the door. As how to use the charge, you should be reading all the notes in the mission..
    so...where ARE those catacombs...i do not usually miss something this big...but them i NEVER ghost!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast