TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 Mission:The Blackheart's Recording Jan. 18/06

d. Dec 2017
    elfranche, I am below the balcony and cannot find
    spoiler:
    anything on or near the light next to the well to frob. Also, same with the gates near the tree beasts. I need to get down the well to finish the game....I suppose?

Would you please elaborate.

Thank a bunch

spoiler:
    Look on the walls near the well, and up high on the left wall, at the gates!

d. Dec 2017
    elfranche, I will close and try to find the frobbers.

Appreciate your help.

spoiler:
    O.K., I finally spotted the unlit lamp...can't believe I missed it! The hardest part of this caper was trying to keep the secret door in the library open.

I agree; too many unexplained scenes, or items. It left me thinking there was more to come.
    Last edited by Dawggon; 20th Jan 2006 at 20:34.

Confused here !!

In the office, just downstairs from Edward's bedroom, there is a safe that you can open.....................and see through into another room, which looks like a bedroom. Can anyone tell me how to get to that room??? I hunted high and low for a switch , or some way to get in there..

Also............did anyone use the birdcall for anything ???

Thanks for any help............

And did anyone find a sword ??? I would love to slash those banners!!!!
    Last edited by NAC; 21st Jan 2006 at 17:48.

NAC, maloo gave the answer just above in this thread!

when you come up from the elevator there is a door leading outside to a low fence, take the boxes and jump over. you will teleport to the room.

I've noticed that there are lots of places that have no sound (room brushes) including doorways, and it makes it hard to know that there is a guard on the other side. It also makes it hard to know whether a door is openable or not.

Still this FM seems nice for a first FM. Is this Ogi's first FM?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    There's also a very long underwater passageway that seems to be a dead end??
    spoiler:
    There seems to be a hole at the end of the tunnel that is covered by something. Is there anyway to open it?

Someone finally clued me in to that but I didn't find any way to open it from the inside. If you jump down from the balcony outside of Lord Edward's bedroom, you'll be in a courtyard with a well. There's an unlit torch on the wall nearby that opens the stone blocking the bottom of the well and gives you access to that tunnel as a way back into the house.

ok thanks Nightwalker. I finished with 1808 loot and 2 out of 1 secrets.

Thank you elfranche..

I had been in that room already..........found it , accidentally !!, earlier.
    I must have missed the safe though............didn't realize it was a
    " see-through " !!!

Thanks again....

Secrets found:
    spoiler:
    3 out of 1

How many are there?

spoiler:
    Slowfall potion in the support beams above the guards sleeping area. The guards area in the basement just before the elevator up.

My best friend made that mission, and I can say it's quite impressive. By the way there is one place, where you can go, just some kind of secret room...he called it MY Room. You have to check it out, just find it!

Hello there!

First i would like to say thank you for all the nice words i've received here about my mission. My english is terrible, and I'm so thankful to my ex neighbor - Weadford for editting all the strings, and for sending my FM in thiefmissions site.
    I was inspired to make that mission from the musician in Shipping and receiveing mission named T.M. Blackheart, you can find it's name in one of the scrolls placed on the second floor in the first building. I thought that Blackheart is unusual and interesting shady name, and then i started to... constructing my dreams, actually it's my first serious mission, you know - with objectives and so on.
    Here are some useful things you should know about the Blacheart's recording:
    1 - If you find somewhere a rat which does not move and there is an arrow next to it - take that arrow and kill the rat!
    2 - When you open the secret door in the John Hampton's office, and when you enter in the secret corridor(where the safe with the recording is) take a look at the ceiling and you'll see a lever nearby the secret door, if you pull the lever the door will be opened again.
    3 - Find the room with the sleeping guard in the basement. Get on the highest bed and take a look on the top of the wooden beams - you'll find something.
    4 - the powder keg is useful for many things, as you know it can exlode if you drop it from big height, or if you throw it several times - use your imagination.
    5 - Go to the front gates of the manor - jump to grab the edge of the left or right wall and pull yourself up. When you get on the top, take a look around for a box... when you find the box open it and listen very careful, because the voice you will heard is very low.
    6 - Check out very careful all fireplaces in lord Edward Hampton's house part, there is a hidden lever somewhere.
    Finally i want to tell you that I will add an interestig story connected to all dead bodies in the house, but i'll do that after i finish my second FM. Now i can tell you only that the recording is haunted by a restless ghost who is messed up with all this murdered people.
    Thank you once again for you'r good opinion about my mission.
    play_schema musicalwax
    Last edited by Ogi; 24th Jan 2006 at 11:01.

i need to know how to open the
    spoiler:
    picture/door in the cellar (wine cellar) off the kitchen
    anybody find this?

nil8hate:
    spoiler:
    I don't think there is a secret there. I leaned into it and moved Garrett around that picture. I could see the wall.

I thought there would be a secret, but there arent any switches that I know of...

aha!... i knew the mission wasn't actually complete...
    good thinking, Ogi - we look forward to your "addons"

@nil8hate:

i guess it's not possible to be opened.
    however, when you hit it with BJ it sounds like it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by nil8hate
    i need to know how to open the picture door in the cellar (wine cellar) off the kitchen anybody find this?
    Actually i put that picture door because for me the drawing on it looks like two vine leafs.
    BTW, did anyone tried to kill the rat which is behind the music room?
    Last edited by Ogi; 26th Jan 2006 at 18:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogi
    Finally i want to tell you that I will add an interestig story connected to all dead bodies in the house, but i'll do that after i finish my second FM. Now i can tell you only that the recording is haunted by a restless ghost who is messed up with all this murdered people.
    Ah, I knew there had to be another storyline here! I will also look foreward to this haunting tale.

Will it have anything to do with the treebeasts?

Originally posted by Maloo:
    when you come up from the elevator there is a door leading outside to a low fence, take the boxes and jump over. you will teleport to the room.
    Is there a particular spot, () because nothing's happening for me, I just land on the other side.

Also, where can I find the
    spoiler:
    key to the safe?

I just had to walk around a bit, over towards the corner, I think and the teleport worked.

The safe key is in Edward Hampton's office, beside the room with the sleeping lady wearing red.

Thanks Nightwalker. Will have another look

Ah, it helps to be jumping over the right fence!! Nice touch.
    And also
    spoiler:
    look right in the safe for the key

But now I'm stuck with finding
    spoiler:
    why the recording was hidden there
    Last edited by nickie; 27th Jan 2006 at 13:29.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Just to say I finished the mission, and I love the atmosphere... I thought I was playing at the first OM of Thief 2. Great job

OK on the roof there is a talking box. But on a higher unreachable (for me that is) point, I noticed that there was another box, and it was floating! Cna anybody get to this?

nice mission! Thanks Ogi!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast