TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What a Drag! (Quelle Galere!)

What a Drag! (Quelle Galere!)

Hello
    I am playing this Fm Now translated to English

i was reading last thread , but that confuse me
    somebody says they use rope arrow !!
    any clue where i can find the rope? i think i need that in order to continue.

I am stuck inside the area where the door is next to the piano ,

spoiler:
    Search the column near the door where the guard is...

If you've already done this, then you need to

spoiler:
    switch the button inside the small room behind the drinks automat. Then return to the automat and switch the wine-button. The guard behind the locked area is really nuts on wine.

I cant get the game to work. Also cheep missions says it is for T2 and the readme says T1. Do I need special scripts. I already have the ones from the keep of metal and gold.

It sounds like there's something wrong with your copy of the mission, Lightningline. It's definitely for T2 not TG. I don't know if it requires the scripts to run but if it does, it would only be the ones everybody already has installed - Gaylesaver's and Telliamid's.

No go...garrett loader and darkloader both say it is a thief 1 mission...the readme it self says it is for The Dark Project...WTF???? I have redownloaded it 3 times.

something is way wrong...the readme says it is Quelle galere and if I scroll down a bit further it says it is what a drag. I opened the zip and it says the same goals as Quelle galere....whats going on ??

Something is up with What a drag

http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=QuelleGalere

Look...on the top it says what a drag...but the mission on the bottom of the page says it is galere.zip

Even if I click screenshots they are for QuelleGalere unless they are the same mission but there has been a English tanslation for QuelleGalere for at least a month.

OK I got it now....I forgot Nightwalker sent me the English goals . I now realise they are the same mission. Thanks.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 22nd Jan 2006 at 19:32.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    "Quelle galere" is a french fan mission, and "what a drag" is the english translation of that fm

I checked and there's a mistake on the read-me screen that wasn't caught. It does say the mission is for TDP but its for T2.

One other thing I should warn you about is that one objective says not to kill anyone who is unarmed. I think that probably should have been translated as not to harm anyone who is unarmed. Most of the time (there are a couple of exceptions for some reason) when you try to BJ an unarmed guard or the kitchen maid, the mission will fail.

Hopefully, the slowdown problem is solved. I played through this yesterday and I didn't have any problems with it.

Ok, now I'm stucked...

I'm in the room with the vase. I knocked out the guard and pulled the lever so the vase went up to the next floor. I found a lock beneath the guard where I can use one of my keys but nothing happened.
    Now I'm trapped... Is there something special I need to do?

If the key worked, then you should be able to go back up out of the hole below the elevator, turn left and go into a room with a console then through a small passageway to another room. There's a lever up in the corner by the ceiling that you couldn't frob before you unlocked the lockbox downstairs. You can frob it now.

Thank you very much!

Finally I could free Agnes...

I'm lost, I've read the posts,
    spoiler:
    elevator, I can't find an elevator. I have a bunch of keys and the cog-key.
    spoiler:
    I've found
    Agnes and her captors, but I can't get her out.
    What am I missing?

Really long..but lots of clues revealed too.

This mission is driving me crazy!!! I find it very original and fun in some ways but quite frustrating at the same time.

OK, I've read all the clues in the original "Quelle Galere" and found out that I have gotten to areas I shouldn't have and done some things out of order.

So far I have not found Agnes yet. I have no idea where she is but everyone else here and in the other thread seems to have found her easily like it was obvious.

I hear talk about a
    spoiler:
    wisp and something to do with a vase
    and I have no idea where these areas are.

Here is what I have done. Hopefully some of this can serve as mini-walkthrough for people just starting out.

spoiler:

1. Got the guard to drink the wine and go to sleep. Read his note, remembered info on the combination. Opened up the secret passage to the office with the pool.

2. In the office with the pool, I found a statue. Placed statue on in the open recess and this opened a panel. Pushed button in the panel and descended down the ladder revealed by the secret door.

3. Got to the area with poor Romuland and read his note. Got the Agnes objective. Picked up Romunlad's key.

4. Proceeded further down that corridor and found the rope arrows. Rope arrowed up to another level with maze-like corridors.

5. Before going into this place, I climbed up to a ledge on the opposite side of it, but a bit higher. Here I found an empty pedastol and a fountain of glistening (holy?) water. Frobbing the fountain has no effect. I thought maybe the pedastol moved, but I found no switches and nothing else to do in this room.

6. So I left that area and went back to maze like corridor. Here I found an area with an empty bookshelf that just screamed secret door! But I could find no way to get past it so I explored elsewhere.

7. Found a power station, but nothing to do in there. Got to a dead end with an unfrobbable metal door. No idea how to open it. Finally, I got to the place with the spike-trap doors. I found the switch behind the barrels to disable the trap and got into a large living quarters area.

8. Took the lady out the display box and threw her on the floor :-) Found the secret in the bathroom. Eventually found a way to open another area of this room which revealed a 2-way teleporter.

9. Stepped through the teleporter and got back into the office with the pool.

Now at this point, Apparently I went astray. Because reading the notes in the other thread leads me to beleive there was more in that area I just came from ... like AGNES maybe. Anyway, I'll tell you what I did from here.

10. After this, I was curious as to how to open that unfrobbable door near the piano. I read and got a hint, and went behind the picture. I was able to open the door. I also so two locked gates in front of me. The first one was opened by frobbing it. There I saw a place that could accept a gear key, but I had no gear key.

11. I got out of that room and went past the piano door. Here now is room with an electrified fence, a roving turret which is great at riddling me with arrows, and some guards. I was able to get past the turret by rope-arrowing up and quickly running into dark areas outside of its field of view.

12. I got across to an area with a fenced-in elevator. I rope arrowed up and found a switch which extended a green bridge into a room at the end of the track where the turrent was running.

13. In this room, I found that if I pressed a button twice, I would get locked in, but an ladder would come down allowing me to climb up. Instead of going up though, I reloaded because I didn't like getting locked in.

14. I went back to where I was. Standing just above the elevator. I could see that just above me was the place where the elevator comes to a rest. I couldn't rope arrow up there because there was no wooden surface. But then I saw that I could shoot an arrow at the elevator button and the elevator would go up -- even through the metal bars!!!

15. Now right then I should have figured this was something the designer didn't intend. But I rode the elevator up anyways.

16. Now I am in a different section with a few Mechanists and a lady cook. There is also a nice "apartment" there with a docile burrick roaming around in the garden. Anyway, I find the kitchen key and ring the gong. Another wooden door opens and reveals another area.

17. In this area, I find the outdoor chapel. I frob the two candles, find the secret area, and eventually get to that room with the lever. I pull the lever and all it does is open that big wooden door up again. I figure this is what you are supposed to do to get out of this area.

18. Now, I go back into these corridors behind the wooden area and find some steps. I descend down the steps and go right into a room that has the Hand of Glory right there on a pedastal. I grab the hand and the objective gets ticked off.

19. Okay, so now I exit this area completely going back through the big wooden door. I make my way back to the place with green plank.

20. I cross the plank and enter the small alcove with the button. This time I lock myself in and take the ladder up into a room with a workbench, some barrels, and a balcony above which looks like it goes to another area. There is also a small stream of water here in an area above me as well. A locked gate is in this area.

21. I frob two of the big torches and this moves the desk out of the way. I go into the secret area revealed and press a big red button. This causes an elevator to descened from that metal balcony I talked about before.

22. I go up this elevator and into a corridor that leads to a cozy little room with TONS of loot behind a locked glass door.

23. I find a key to open that door and proceed to take my loot. At that moment, the floor drops out beneath me and I fall into a small pit. Above me I see another guy who says "Thank you Garret for Helping me. I'll take all this loot now".

24. Then he takes all the loot in that room. You can even hear the loot "bling" noise as he takes the stuff offscreen. Very funny.

25. I forget about how I get out of the pit, but eventually I get led to a place with a small desk with a note and key. The note says that I may need this key. There is a ladder here too. I take the ladder down and it takes me back to the big LOOT room.

26. Okay, now I take this key back to an area near the elevator that brought me up to this room. There is a big switch you can pull, but it is unfrobabble because it is a locked. The key I got just a second ago unlocks this lock and I can pull the big switch. Pulling the switch opens up that locked gate in that water stream area I mentioned earlier.

27. Okay, so I go past this gate and this take me to an area with a hole cut into the center. There is also a switch here to turn off the arrow turret in the security room. Great! Why didn't I get to this when I really needed it. I look into the hole and see a circular elevator below. I press the button to call the elevator. The elevator comes up and I hop on.

28. The elevator descends and I end up in an area with 6 statues and a combination read-out. I figure this is one of the combination locks I read about. Also, since the elevator moved back up after I got off it, I see that below the elevator is a hole that leads directly into the big "security room" again. You know the one with the electric fences and the turret.

29. I use the combination I got from looking at the arrangement of the "wine guard's" bottles.

30. This is where I confirm that I am going in circles and that I did everything ass backwards. Getting the right combination only reveals a panel which allow you to ride the elevator up. Which is where I just came from!!!1

31. I go a bit past the statue room and see now that I am on the OTHER SIDE of that place with the gear key!!! So now I know that I was supposed to have the gear key WAAY before this moment!!!

...and this is where I am stuck now. I have gone back to the office pool area at the moment because I know I missed something there. Please, somebody tell me what to do. I thank you for reading this far in any case.

Where is Agnes?????
    Last edited by elkston; 23rd Jan 2006 at 13:52.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Pardon the aside...

Jesus, that's the biggest spoiler tag I've ever seen.

ok Elkston, seeing how your "walkthrough" will help me get to the "next" area, you can find Agnes
    spoiler:
    beyond the empty bookshelf in the mazelike corridor. Next to the bookshelf is a torch, put it out and look around inside the depression
    After that, I still don't know what to do, but I'm going back to play some more.
    Thanks

How funny. I completely skipped steps 5 through 10 of your spoiler. I never saw any of that stuff. Lady in a case? WTF?

After playing through the first couple of minutes I thought this wouldn't be a very fun level, but strangely enough, it is. No real plot, not really. Definitely stitched together as the author indicated it was, kind of nonsensical puzzles. But still it's quite fun and when I solve each puzzle I get a little thrill. I'm glad the author decided to make a true mission out of his "experiments" and release it to us.

One thing, when I BJ some people, e.g., the cook, the mission ends in failure saying I can't kill unarmed people. I wonder if that's a mistranslation, I can't BJ unarmed people.

See Nightwalker's post No 9 above.

Thanks slam, now I am on the right track.

The funny thing is though:

spoiler:

As soon as I climbed down the ladder and found the note from Agnes as well as the gear key, the mission ended. This was probably because I already had the hand of glory and the author did not expect us to have it then. So at that very moment I had found Agnes, she was alive, and I had the hand of glory. So the game engine thought I had completed the mission.

But I have since restarted from an earlier save and am now doing things in the right order. Thanks a bunch!

alright, now I'm stuck. I've done pretty much everything elkston has (though in the - I think - correct order), and am now in the passage after using the Hand. Dink had this problem, and now I do too: I pull the lever for the vase, gates slam shut, I use the key - and nothing. Is there something else I'm supposed to do here? How do I get out?

edit: ok, I think I got it:
    spoiler:
    go back up to where the journal about a guard pushing buttons is. Lean out the window, and frob the security box there. It turns off the grate over the door. Now go do your thing downstairs, then back up and frob the little switch under those stairs.
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 23rd Jan 2006 at 18:54.

Stuck at the first gate through the painting. Where is the key?

Ghost
    I've done everything except the vase. Where is it? I'm in the long corridor; the double-doors are shut, and they don't frob. I have the Hand of Glory, and I used it on the gate to come back up. I've even liberated Agnes; fortunately, whenever I leave her room, that objective unchecks... I assume that's how I'll end the mission -- after getting the vase and one more secret (I can't remember the two I got).

Can someone please direct me to the vase room from the long corridor?

Thanks,

Dafydd

@ The_Dude:

There is no key for that door. If I remember right you have to
    spoiler:
    flip the switch in the room with the drunken guard - after you get him pickled with wine.

@ Dafydd:

How the heck did you liberate Agnes without using the Hand of Glory?
    Ok, you are talking about the corridor with the moving turret, right?
    spoiler:
    At the end of that corridor there is the lattice door elevator on the left side. On the right side there is a door - which wasn't open before - leading to a room where you can enter the code for this elevator. But if you enter the area behind this room you'll find another Hand of Glory and a very hot room. Try to use your Hand of Glory with the other Hand of Glory...

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinksmallwood
    How the heck did you liberate Agnes without using the Hand of Glory?
    Huh? I just walked down the stairs and KOed the three magical guards. Nothing to it. Was I not supposed to be able to do so?

All right, I've moved the vase up, gone up and into the room, seen the ghost, have the wisp in front of me... but I can't grab the vase! No matter now close I get, even leaning, it won't frob. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, can somebody please list the secrets? I'm one secret and 100g short, and I suspect they are related.

(Although, when I broke the game a while back, getting into the loot room when there was still loot in it (ahead of the jerk who drops me in the pit), some of the loot was frobbable; however, grabbing it caused all my real loot to vanish, and the loot that the other thief will steal was worth 0 -- and there's nothing in the safe. Does that mean there's 100g worth of unavailable loot, or is the listed max actually reachable?)

ffox is checking out the loot for me. He found the last secret which is probably the one you missed, though maybe not as there's 200g in there. It's in the bathroom of the private apartments, in the basement area I came up 100g short even after this secret but he's still working on finding the rest. The other 2 are necessary to finish the game so I'm sure you found those. One is the lever in the guard room near the office that opens the door behind the painting and the other one is triggered by putting the statue in the alcove in the office (over by the pool).

As for the vase, Dafydd, you're not supposed to touch it. Once you have moved it up into the other room and the floating ball appears, go over to the far corner of that room and you'll teleport into the jail area with the ball. He'll help with the guards while you get Agnes. The FM is a little buggy in several places but still fun to play.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast