TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Snobs - part2 T2 FM Jan. 28/06

Hi Naks,
    spoiler:
    yes I found that useless arrow under the roof.

ANd thank you for the music file!
    So, also Nil8hate likes it!! Great!

You are welcome.

Enjoy the music Mike.

sorry, I've been away since my last post, but didn't see the answer to my question - the 'find Lord G's plans' objective did not tick off for me, and I can't finish the mission. I understand it is not
    spoiler:
    the note in the judge's safe?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants
    sorry, I've been away since my last post, but didn't see the answer to my question - the 'find Lord G's plans' objective did not tick off for me, and I can't finish the mission. I understand it is not
    spoiler:
    the note in the judge's safe?
    Hallo MrMunkeepants.
    spoiler:
    Lord G' plans are in hotel's room No.7

So far I'm having a lot of fun. I got stuck trying to figure out how to destroy the letter. I spent a lot of time running around looking for a way. But I found the answer here so I'll play some more this evening.

I'm down to one moss arrow. I wish there were a few more in the game but cheated and saw that there aren't. Now I have to be very very quiet.

ah, I had looked high instead of low... well, I did have something following me at the time

I assume the library is the place you must go through to get to the end?
    spoiler:
    where is the secret there?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants
    ah, I had looked high instead of low... well, I did have something following me at the time

I assume the library is the place you must go through to get to the end?
    spoiler:
    where is the secret there?
    spoiler:
    It is on lower floor, near the bookcase is switch.

I'm only halfway through and enjoying this one. The custom AI keep it all jogging along nicely. Congrats to the author on creating a unique "world". Especially liked the new statues and the chef (though he's a little violent).

But does noone else find some of the objects a little incongruous? (the TV or the security camera for instance). Just curious.

First off , thank you very much for an excellent fan mission . This was the most fun I've had playing Thief in a long time . The sound was perfectly done . The story was simple , yet interesting with out too many readables . The gameplay was interesting with just enough difficulty , lots of humor and great eyecandy . For me this mission was very close to being flawless , I just can't wait for part 3 .

Thanks bdkl,
    especially for that
    spoiler:
    flawless
    TDBonko and me have a hard task now - to make part 3 better than Snobs 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Naks
    So. WE are Naks and TDBonko.
    nil8hate you have PM.
    Well met Naks and TDBonko!

Ghost
    Thanks, Naks; I got the fourth secret -- the one in the library... not much to it, but I hate leaving secrets unplumbed!

Great mission, Naks & TDBonko!

Dafydd

Why does it always crash into desktop after the intro, during loading the mission? I tried DL 4.1 and 4.2, Timon has the same problem, it's strange cos nobody on this forum reported any technical problems.

My game crashed to desktop three times during playing. Reloading, it then sailed through without any problems. Didn't report to Naks and friends as I assumed it was my PC or one of those totally obscure and untraceable faults.
    Crashing to desktop after the opening sequence didn't happen ever.
    Hope you can sort it

Quote Originally Posted by JacekA
    Why does it always crash into desktop after the intro, during loading the mission? I tried DL 4.1 and 4.2, Timon has the same problem, it's strange cos nobody on this forum reported any technical problems.
    Hallo JacekA
    I can tell you only, that this FM was tested on 10 computers, with different type of hardware + beta testers (Freddy Fox and Nightwalker), and not even 1 single problem was found (technical).Maybe your computer have something
    (probable GPU drivers). Sorry I forgot to mention marycwmbach.

Has anyone played it on GF 6xxx? I suppose that may be the cause - can't play on older drivers like 52.16, 44.03... cos they don't work with 6xxx series.

I am not so sure about it, but there was also similar problem with ATI drivers.
    Problem was in ";safe_texture_manager" in user.cfg

Some video cards may not work properly with Thief 2
    ;including the intel 810 and the nVidia RIVA 128.
    ;To fix, remove the semicolon from the next line.
    safe_texture_manager
    This works with ATI.

I never experienced one crash while testing the mission and I played it many times. I play on a P4 2.5 with an old GeForce 4200 video card so if anythings going to crash, you'd think It would happen to me. It's not exactly a state of the art computer. LOL!

This is not safe text. manager. I'm familiar with most of the technical problems with playing Thieves and FMs - I' m an author of a special thread on polish forum (translated relevant TTLG thread and added some more) where I gathered all the problems and solutions. I'm usually rather the one who helps than ask for technical help. So it's even stranger that I haven't got the slightest idea of the nature of the problem.

I think something must be borked in your installation, or you have a corrupt download. I can run it OK on an AMD 1200 with a GeForce 2 card, and an AMD 2600 with a 9800 Pro. I've played it more than 20 times with no troubles at all.

I noticed a couple of posts about tech problems with this mission. I am having trouble with the video being choppy with things vanishing and such and now my other mission don't work well either. There seems to be a rash of missions with technical problems. Is it becuase some people are building the missions with more updated computers or what. I have a Nvidia gforce 3 Ti 200 and it handles most missions ok but these last few I haven't been able to play.

Snobs-part2 was cerated with
    PIV 1.5Ghz,
    512MB-SDRAM
    GV9200 VIVO.

Other computers, used for testing it:
    PIII 1000
    512 SDRAM
    ASUS GeForce 2TI

and

PIII 550
    256 SDRAM
    GeForce 2 MX400 (litlle choppy on some places in game)

Naks,

I'am about to start playing Snobs part 2. Just wanted to let you know how I appreciate the original intro and the "languorous" musical theme. I also like the travelling effect of the camera and the little amusing details the eye barely has time to catch, such as the man who wildly confesses his love with a bunch of flowers to the lady sitting on a bench. Hope this is going to be a humourous one.

Mosley

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name

Quote Originally Posted by Mosley
    Hope this is going to be a humourous one.

Mosley

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    I believe it does.
    Enjoy!

Crashes after the intro mission for me, too...every other FM I've played works, so this is me giving up. Too bad, it looked like fun.

EDIT: On reflection, that looks terse and negative, which wasn't my intent. I'm working to get it working, which probably means a reinstall of T2. It just bugs me that these things happen and I can't fix them within a few seconds. Note To Self: Avoid installing T2X this time...
    Last edited by Silver Sorrow; 31st Jan 2006 at 23:58.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast