TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T1 Mission - Sepulchre of the Sinistral (Feb. 4/2006)

OK I got the amythist and used it but that is it. I seem to be roaming around aimlessly. It has been hours and Im ready for some hints. I am starting to get just plain annoyed.

1) The temple of Erim...the red book does me no good as far as solving the fire fragment/I want into those mysteriously seald blue chests riddle.

2) The Tempel of Amon:There is some major swimming to do but I keep drowning. I dont see any air pockets and have found zero breath potions.

3) I gotta get rid of some of these creatures the reading says swords dont do much good to. Ware is a blunt object said to work quite well.

Please help me to move on.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 4th Feb 2006 at 22:38.

Lightningline:

1)
    spoiler:
    Are you talking about the shrine of Erim? The temple with the ruby is at the end of the maze. The shrine with the fire fragments is an optional puzzle, there are several hidden scrolls called "Erim's Legacy" with clues on how to solve it.

2)
    spoiler:
    There are no air pockets in Amon's temple. Have you been to the shrine of St Renall yet? There is a scroll that mentions an ankh which can be used to stay underwater, but it has to be blessed first

3)
    spoiler:
    The only thing you can use for now is overhead swings from your sword. It's easier to sneak around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline
    Yes you can play all T1 fan missions with thief gold. See my post earlier right after Gloria creep
    Lightningline, I did what you said, and guess what ?.
    I can now play T1 fan missions, , for the first time in 6 years.
    Thanks you taffer, .
    Now to get downloading this mission. .

P forth:Glad I could help.

Doaal...thanks for thr tips...just before I came back in here I found the key for Renals door. So between what I found in there and your tips Im feeling much better about things. Finding one little key in this huge place without any tips was pure luck for me. I will probably find the tip now. LOL

I could use some tips with this maze thing.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 4th Feb 2006 at 23:47.

I'm in Rydia's tomb.

I've
    spoiler:
    found the "mask" and placed it on the frobbable face on the tomb in the chamber prior to this one. I've read the plaque about shedding a tear for Rydia. I see the chest on the roof over Rydia's tomb but can see no way to get to it.

I have been wandering around with no clue as to what to do. Please, I need help.

twhalen:
    spoiler:
    After using the mask, the bottom half of the broken pillar opens up and you can go down into the waterway and into the main area of the sepulchre. Also, to get the chest in Rydia's grave you can simply mantle up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline

I could use some tips with this maze thing.
    spoiler:
    Read through the red journal as you go through the maze. The first letter of each paragraph represents which direction you should be heading in (N for north, S for south and so on). Of course, your compass doesn't work down there, so leave the tomb (climb up the ladder) and walk a little ways until your compass works, then turn around until you're facing toward the tomb and look at the directions on your compass. It helps to write down their configuration on a small sheet of paper. You should start with south being straight forward, north being behind you, east being left and west at the right.

Go down to the tomb now, keeping in mind that the first paragraph starts with an "S", meaning you start by going south (straight forward). Each time you change directions, flip the small sheet of paper you drew the compass on so that the direction you just travelled in is facing up (away from you), this helps alot in getting your bearings. Of course, if you have a great memory and a flawless sense of direction you can eliminate the whole paper thing altogether and just follow the letters in the journal to the finish.

I admit, figuring out this puzzle on my own made me feel like a genious.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike
    Nicely done

Locate information on
    spoiler:
    the masamune...any hints?

Kaleid: Find the room with three pedestals and a scroll that associates them with special jewels.

WOW, what a devil of a mission! *shiver*
    Great, superb, outstanding work, doaal!!!

I'm playing on Garrett and have everything except Arek's sceptre. May I ask for a little hint where to search closer?

Thanks in advance...

PS: The music in Erim's tomb (hope this is the right name. I mean the tomb with the fire fragments) is wonderful. I haven't solved the puzzle yet, but whenever I need I break from all this moaning I run to this tomb and relax...

Quote Originally Posted by Dinksmallwood
    WOW, what a devil of a mission! *shiver*
    Great, superb, outstanding work, doaal!!!

I'm playing on Garrett and have everything except Arek's sceptre.
    Dinki, look out for Syrrus. somewhere in the maze, but you need his key also

Even more spoiling: there a spoiler in a previous post from ffox how to find him ( look for "metal plate" ); You will find the key when you got to the end of the maze

Yes, this FM is truly a masterpiece. Its a challenge, but always fair. Lots of good ideas. Thanks to doaal.

PS: Im also chewing on that Erim-shrine riddle.....
    Last edited by UliB; 5th Feb 2006 at 08:00.

Further assistance requested

Where do I find the Ankh? Scroll and book mentions Amon's temple but that's a quick way to drown

@ Kaleid: >You can find the ankh in the water underneath the shrine of chaos. You will fall down after your visit there. Later on you can get there, if you take the ladder down near the entrance to the maze

How can i use or got the mask and where i must use the mask after i got it!?

This is the first Thief 1 mission I've been able to play in a long time - I can see!! But not in
    spoiler:
    the temple/shrine (?) of terror
    Anything going on there I should know about apart from
    spoiler:
    the amethyst
    and those
    spoiler:
    nasties that appear and kill me as soon as I pick it up?
    Is there a way out I can't see?

I've been travelling around this a bit but can't find a way to the
    spoiler:
    waters where the ankh is
    or even if I've found the
    spoiler:
    shrine of chaos
    Any hints greatfully received.

flying_hope
    if you're talking about the mask at the beginning before the sepulchre then its
    spoiler:
    behind the centre bit in Rydia's tomb near the base. You then place it on the mask on the sarcophagus in the other room with the fallen pillar which then will open

nickie Once you pick up the Amethyst, a hole opens in the floor just inside the doorway. Just drop down through it. Have a good look around in the water for the ankh, unless your playing on Normal, in which case it's back in St. Renall's.

Regarding The Erim's Legacy Scrolls:
    spoiler:
    Does the one I found in the Pool of Radiance count as a "Erim Legacy" scroll with respect to what it says about them (that only one is true)?

Thanks Lady Nightwalker! (Read that bit ) I am playing normal so what
    spoiler:
    does an ankh look like - is it that thing that looks like a cross but with a loop on the top?

Yes, that's it, nickie.

Emerald Wolf, figuring out which scrolls tell the truth is part of the puzzle. It's not necessary to figure this out in order to complete the mission, by the way.

Okey dokey. Thank you, though I've only got about a half hour left before it gets dark and I get far too scared to carry on.

I'm doing something wrong with the maze.
    spoiler:
    Following The Mike's excellent directions for this, I'm ending up more or less back where I started. Wondering if I'm making my turns too soon or too late
    Last edited by nickie; 5th Feb 2006 at 13:40.

You gotta be kidding !!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike
    spoiler:
    Read through the red journal as you go through the maze. The first letter of each paragraph represents which direction you should be heading in (N for north, S for south and so on). Of course, your compass doesn't work down there, so leave the tomb (climb up the ladder) and walk a little ways until your compass works, then turn around until you're facing toward the tomb and look at the directions on your compass. It helps to write down their configuration on a small sheet of paper. You should start with south being straight forward, north being behind you, east being left and west at the right.

Go down to the tomb now, keeping in mind that the first paragraph starts with an "S", meaning you start by going south (straight forward). Each time you change directions, flip the small sheet of paper you drew the compass on so that the direction you just travelled in is facing up (away from you), this helps alot in getting your bearings. Of course, if you have a great memory and a flawless sense of direction you can eliminate the whole paper thing altogether and just follow the letters in the journal to the finish.

I got
    spoiler:
    S,W,S,W,S,E,S,S,W,W,S,S,E,N,E,E,E,E,S,S,E,E,N,N,E,E,E,
    COME ON
    This just isnt my thing. I guess Ill skip this mission.

Mabey someone can give us a left,right,forward kind of thing. From the hammer.
    I guess the mission creator is being kind of sadistic disabeling the cumpas and all.
    It just takes the fun out of the whole thing and makes it to much like work.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 5th Feb 2006 at 13:47.

You got what I got Lightningline. Hoping The Mike will tell me where I'm going wrong.

And I'm now going to try again with my east and west the right way round. Oops.

No, that didn't work either and it doesn't help playing on normal with a working compass, though I didn't realise it worked the first time I tried.
    Last edited by nickie; 5th Feb 2006 at 13:58.

Try these directions from the start:

spoiler:
    F, R, L, R, L, L, R, F, R, F, L, F

This should bring you to a room with a plate, and then

L, L, R, F, F, F, R, F, L, F, L, F, R, F, F

to reach the Temple.

Trying now. Thank you.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast