TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T1 Mission - Sepulchre of the Sinistral (Feb. 4/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by nickie
    I'm doing something wrong with the maze.
    spoiler:
    Following The Mike's excellent directions for this, I'm ending up more or less back where I started. Wondering if I'm making my turns too soon or too late
    Hehe, apparantly they weren't quite good enough as I seem to have confused people even more. Of course, you could be headed the right way and not even know it, you do pass by the entrance a couple times when following the directions, if I remember right.

spoiler:
    You know your headed the right way if half-way through you pass by a metal plate on the floor. Likewise, near the end, you know you're on the right track if you here the sound of wind blowing.

Anyway, this mission was awesome. Easily just as good as "The Mystery Man"- of course "Down in the Bonehoard" always was my favorite Thief mission. I love that "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" meets "Night of the Living Dead" thing.

Got it......
    spoiler:
    I drew a cumpas with south at the top and north at the bottom, east to the left and west to the right. Then I put every letter(same I posted above) in a line from top being an "s" and last the "e". Then I drew an arrow by each letter . South got a up arrow and north a down arrow east-left arrow and west-right arrow. So here I am with letters and arrows. I started at the hammer and went with the arrows .

Someware in there I found a dead guy and some stuff. I hope they there wasnt anything I needed there
    Thanks for all the help

Well I don't usually go for this type at all - I scare easy, but I really am enjoying this, even if I'm hopeless. OK, I'm still doing something wrong. Followed your directions too doaal but just not finding even
    spoiler:
    a metal plate
    Whereabouts is it or is it obvious.

I'm making immediate turns, i.e. with my back to the ladder my first step is
    spoiler:
    forward and in the middle of the room with the hammer I turn right. Should I be going through rooms before making turns?

I normally have an excellent sense of direction.

Try it the way I did it.
    spoiler:
    The plate will be right on the floor slightly to your right.Easy to see.

You need to go ahead one from the room with the hammer before turning right, nickie.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox
    The Mike: Get back to the cell with the metal plate.

(The plate is in the NW corner of the cell.) Go east 2 cells, then south 2 cells. When you see bloodstains, follow them.
    Thanks for that by the way, was finally able to finish.

Hahaha, after checking the stats page...my loot score blows.

[EDIT]And yeah Nickie, each direction lets you know which room you're suppose to be walking into.

So near and yet so far - got as far as hearing the wind. And forgot where I was. I'm going to do this if it kills me.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie
    So near and yet so far - got as far as hearing the wind. And forgot where I was. I'm going to do this if it kills me.
    You were only about 4-5 cells away. Dont worry I blew it a few times too.

Wahay - I did it, wish I hadn't though. This is so scary. Very weird though because when I went the wrong way then
    spoiler:
    I saw the ladder again so its not really to do with where you are but how you get there, or so it seems to me

Thank you all contributors to solving that one for me.

" Funny" I didnt see a ladder when I finnaly
    spoiler:
    found the tempel I walked through the wall

Please dont tell me I am gonna have to do that backwards to get out of here...

No...I wont do it !

I meant the ladder I first came down on. I hope that was the way I should go back because I don't think my heart would stand
    spoiler:
    that lot chasing me again.

Please don't tell me I've done it wrong.

Nikki
    spoiler:
    Did you have to walk through a wall with a puddle of blood in front of it? Then you see those mean skeleton guys walking around.
    If not your not in the ruby tempel. Was there a hammer by the ladder?

Lightningline
    spoiler:
    Thanks, yes I did walk through the wall, and I've got the ruby and I ran like hell back through the wall. Just hoping that was the right way to go. They scared the .... out of me chasing me like that, I mean, all I did was nick their ruby. The ladder I meant was the one with the hammer in front of it that I came down to the maze on.

I don't really know what to do next but its now way past dark and I just have to play this type in daylight, so I'll start figuring out tomorrow. The bloke's away at the moment and there's no-one to save me from these evil demons so I'm putting this away till its light again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline
    Please dont tell me I am gonna have to do that backwards to get out of here...

No...I wont do it !
    Nope, you can simply turn right and go forward as soon as you exit the temple and you should see the ladder in the distance

Finished the mission on expert!! loot 14175 , solved all riddles
    Very hard, refreshingly spooky, my kind of place!
    Loved the ambitious proportions!!
    Thank you so much Doaal for making it!
    Last edited by elfranche; 5th Feb 2006 at 17:42.

The Maze: this is obviously proving as tricky as Doaal intended. Firstly, the compass does not work (except for Taffer difficulty). The scroll says "The maze seems to change its dimensions as we move about!" So if you move a single cell in the wrong direction you will need to start again!

On the plus side, there is an easy way to start again: Just walk, changing direction frequently, but aiming generally North, and the hammer at the bottom of the ladder will magically appear in the distance. Go to it and resume.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB
    Dinki, look out for Syrrus. somewhere in the maze, but you need his key also
    Uh, I finally got the sceptre... Thank you very much UliB...

Now back to Erim's shrine. Those torches drive me crazy...
    According to one legacy the
    spoiler:
    legacy beneath Syrrus is the right one. I figured out that the torches in Erim's shrine have different position in their height. So I thought the highest one could perhaps be the rising sun or something like that. But I have no idea how to interpret the words about Athrus' death etc. Has anyone already figured out a little bit more.

Another question:
    spoiler:
    I switched the button high on the one pillar in the library-tomb which I opened with the Masamune. The book mentioned it opens something in the main-tomb. But I can't find it. Hell, this whole place looks to me like a creepy Main-Tomb . Someone who already found it?

@ doaal:
    You love 'Myst' as I do, don't you?

Can some one help me find the horn? I suspect it can be in the Erin's shrine
    but I can not solve the riddle.Any help will be apreciated.

Dinksmallwood:

yes, here's a hint: start with
    spoiler:
    the dates mentioned on some tombs, and consider erin's torches as a clock

spoiler:
    yes, look in the next room, the one with a broken column.
    Last edited by elfranche; 5th Feb 2006 at 17:46.

Kaloian - There's no need to solve the Erim's Legacy puzzle. It's more of an Easter Egg. The Horn is found in the flooded area you fall into from the Shrine of Terror. You can also get back there from a ladder near the one down into the maze.

I need sreks septer then I am out of ths nightmare.
    spoiler:
    I remember seeing him in the maze dead with a lockbox nearby. Or was that not him.I guess I need the key first then some help relocating him in the maze, if its him. And when I got the ruby I got Surrus's key.Whats that for?

Thank you very much Nightwalker. You are very helpful as usual. I got the Horn and can finish the mission now. In fact I was already there, but didnít look around too much after
    spoiler:
    getting the ankh
    I would like to thank Doaal as well for the formidable mission.

Lightningline: That key unlocks that box. One of my earlier posts will help you find him again. I'm sure you can find a lot more to do if you look around!

Quote Originally Posted by ffox
    Lightningline: That key unlocks that box. I'm sure you can find a lot more to do if you look around!
    oK..How do I get to him. I have redone the
    spoiler:
    maze 10 times and havent noticed any blood puddles anyware except before entering the tempel. That is how I found him before.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast