TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T1 Mission - Sepulchre of the Sinistral (Feb. 4/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by ffox
    Have a really good look around The Chamber of Infidels.
    I must be going BLIND. Didn't see the ladders, let alone the switch.

Thankyou!

Ghost

Erim's Shrine questions

Even though I beta-tested this mission (two years ago!), I couldn't remember the solution to this puzzle; I had to look up the old e-mails!

I'm not sure how much of a spoiler to give, since the puzzle isn't necessary to finish the mission. If this is too much, perhaps Nightwalker will delete this post....

spoiler:
    You already have the idea of thinking of the torches like a clock. A clock is a device to tell the passage of time, measured in hours. Each new day starts at midnight.

The year of Cyrus's birth can be found in the Chamber of Infidels; I forget where you find the year of Atrus's death. Each should suggest some other passage of time, measured in some other unit.

All of which should suggest a final passage of time.

I hope this isn't too much, Nightwalker and Doaal!
    Last edited by Dafydd; 7th Feb 2006 at 01:48.

DAfydd, I think you didn't reveal too much.
    spoiler:
    Your hint could be read at one Erim's Legacy scroll (however you revealed which one is right). And the "death-birth" puzzle
    is difficult...

Ghost
    I found a button, way up high in the library after you use the Masamune to open the wall; the book on the table says it opens a vault in "the main tomb," or words to like effect.

I pushed it -- do I have to push it twice? -- but I have no idea what it's supposed to open where. Any clues?

Thanks,

Dafydd

doaal Nothing more to say...

Dafydd - Once you exit the Library through the secret door (which opens with a book) you'll end up back in the room where you found the Ring of Faith. The button you pushed opens a small secret door here.

Ghost
    Thanks, NW, that did it; I thought it was somewhere down in the Sepulchre, and I went all through there, killing the undead, looking for the vault!

Finished with 11,875 or so, out of 14,77something. I wish Thief 1 had secrets; I'm sure there would have been a passel of 'em!

Dafydd

That Erim's puzzle makes me crazy...

12! / 3!*(12-3)! = 220 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin
    That Erim's puzzle makes me crazy...

12! / 3!*(12-3)! = 220 ...

Given are 12 and 52. Think NOT complicated

Erim's puzzle:

Imho I think not complicated:

spoiler:
    12-52: torch positions: 12-5-2, 1-2-5; 12 position by entrance or opposite side... nothing works. Torches are in different highs - maybe something with that... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    I hope this isn't too much, Nightwalker and Doaal!
    Those hints are fine

spoiler:
    You have 'til next year to solve it

d. Dec 2017
    my usual state lately. I would REALLY appreciate it if I could get some help on this maze problem. Finally, I reached
    spoiler:
    the body and a locked box and another Erim clue after following some blood. Got there by finding the plate and then going E. 2 cells, then S. 2 cells. Now, I have lost my direction.

Please point me in the direction to go next. I need the key, etc. and hope I can find this place again....

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon
    my usual state lately. I would REALLY appreciate it if I could get some help on this maze problem. Finally, I reached
    spoiler:
    the body and a locked box and another Erim clue after following some blood. Got there by finding the plate and then going E. 2 cells, then S. 2 cells. Now, I have lost my direction.

Please point me in the direction to go next. I need the key, etc. and hope I can find this place again....
    I'm pretty sure that you have to go back to the entrance (easy to find if you just wonder around aimlessly) and start following the directions from the beginning dude... First find the temple, then restart the maze after you have the key to the find the body and the treasure chest again. Ffox gave some simple instructions on how to easily relocate the body on the first or second page...

I really think if I can solve this maze, anyone can. I really don't believe anyone on Earth has a worse sense of direction then I do. I still do that stupid "Never Eat Sour Watermelon" ryhme from elementary school to remind myself of the order of the four basic directions....

...seriously....

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike
    I really don't believe anyone on Earth has a worse sense of direction then I do. I still do that stupid "Never Eat Sour Watermelon" ryhme from elementary school to remind myself of the order of the four basic directions....

...seriously....
    Wasn't it "Never Eat Shredded Wheat"? I didn't really think about that too much when designing the mission. I pretty much have a perfect sense of direction so I don't need to use the compass, I just disabled it to make it a little more challenging. I didn't think it would cause this many problems

d. Dec 2017
    The Mike: Arggggg....

My sense of direction is not too bad either, but this maze is something awful

Thanks for answering, dude.

It is, so creepy to see the haunts behave like the ratmen. They are real fast and nasty!

A lot of cursing at the maze, even worse with Erim's code and no results.
    Finally I am out.
    Nice mission, great job.

Am I the only one who prefers to play this during the day?

Erm, I wouldnt mind some more hints on how to get Erims Puzzle completed.
    All I know is that
    spoiler:
    12 and 52
    are involved. Does the order of picking up the embers do anything important

No, that doesn't matter. If you have read this thread and have all the scrolls you should be nearly there.

Look for the walkthrough next week.

Erim's puzzle:

spoiler:
    12,52. Torches: 12,5,2 or 1,2,5. Torch 12 near entrance or opposite side? "...path of the sun... not equal in numbers, yet identical in time..."
    After sevreal attempts the torches stopped accept fire fragments. Does it mean solving puzzle is not only use of 3 fragments but whole sentence with all fragments ???

This puzzle is devilish. After 5 hours fiddling with fragments I give up. Please, somebody PM me with hint. Thanks. Rest of the mission is straightforward including maze.
    Very well done bonehoard style FM, Doaal.

EDIT:
    Finally I have solved that devil's puzzle... excellent puzzle ! I have tried several times right combinations but it didn't work. Has anybody else encounter this?

Doaal, GREAT WORK !!!
    Last edited by Aspirin; 8th Feb 2006 at 08:44.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Finally I finished that fm ! It was excellent, I had such a great time playing it, trrying to flee the undead and solving the several puzzles.
    spoiler:
    I particulary like the stone potion, brilliant !
    And this is the best / worst maze I ever encountered

Thanks a lot Doaal for such a great mission, reminded me the first time I discovered the Bonehoard, wow !
    And thanks to Aspirin too, who helped me solve the Erym's puzzle

Erim's puzzle

I have finished the mission but I still like to go back and solve Erim' puzzle.
    I have tried for half one hour but without any success. I really need a serious hint/solution. Please, somebody post it here or PM it to me.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaloian
    I have finished the mission but I still like to go back and solve Erim' puzzle. I have tried for half one hour but without any success.
    It took everyone else a lot longer than that! Get all the scrolls and read the posts in this thread starting here.

If you still can't get it the walkthrough will be published next week.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast