TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T1 Mission - Sepulchre of the Sinistral (Feb. 4/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin
    Finally I have solved that devil's puzzle... excellent puzzle ! I have tried several times right combinations but it didn't work. Has anybody else encounter this?
    Yes I tried the correct answer a few times and it didn't work. Then I eventually tried it
    spoiler:
    standing inside the ring rather than outside
    and it worked first time. Odd.

I've now finished this great FM (cheers Doaal) having completed all the objectives
    spoiler:
    including visiting the pit
    but am almost 2,000 short of loot. Anyone got any hints for hard to find loot?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC
    Anyone got any hints for hard to find loot?
    Maybe it is a good idea to re-bless the ankh again and go for some diving. Look out for dark areas

There is a hidden stash down after the deep jump

And for some reason, in the area where you find on of the three jewels after the maze area,
    spoiler:
    one of the rooms has a 3x3 mural behind a statue. The mural can be hacked at and it makes noise.
    There is also a large single mural in the room with the jewel that can also be hacked at that makes noise.

I am not sure if it has any significance, but it was something that did not seem right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz
    And for some reason, in the area where you find on of the three jewels after the maze area,
    spoiler:
    one of the rooms has a 3x3 mural behind a statue. The mural can be hacked at and it makes noise.
    There is also a large single mural in the room with the jewel that can also be hacked at that makes noise.

I am not sure if it has any significance, but it was something that did not seem right to me.
    The reason for this:
    spoiler:
    There is a secret passage that connects to the room with the Ruby. Search the room with the statue carefully.

I thought so

Edit: What? No Gold?
    Last edited by bob_doe_nz; 8th Feb 2006 at 18:37.

I've also a problem here

Gerhard Eichberger

Well, I've got some keys. The last key I've got was in a book from a library. Then I wandered around to look for the doors where my keys fit.

And now I've lost most of my keys. I don't know how this could happen but I've lost the key for the Shrine of Terror, I've lost the key for the second door in the shrine where the library is (although this does'nt matter as I've opened the door before I lost that key) and I believe I've also lost some other keys. So I can't go into the Shrine of Terror - the key was lying on one of the coffins, but now it is nowhere. This means that I have to reload a very old save and do many things (including the maze thing) again...

So my questions:

1.) Where could the keys that I've had in my inventory gone? Can I reget them?

2.) I could not find that pool of water where the ankh (what is an ankh?) is. Where do I find this item?

3.) Where does Syrrus' key fit? I could not find a corresponding door.

4.) There are two ladders leading down. The one goes to the maze. The other in the near leads to a door that I can't open. The door isn't frobbable. How can I open this door?

5.) There is a place where a piece of coloured glass is part of the wall. Behind it I hear a haunt. Can I open this coloured glass? It is near a wooden plank.

Gerhard

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Eichberger
    1.) Where could the keys that I've had in my inventory gone? Can I reget them?
    2.) I could not find that pool of water where the ankh (what is an ankh?) is. Where do I find this item?
    4.) There are two ladders leading down. The one goes to the maze. The other in the near leads to a door that I can't open. The door isn't frobbable. How can I open this door?
    5.) There is a place where a piece of coloured glass is part of the wall. Behind it I hear a haunt. Can I open this coloured glass? It is near a wooden plank.
    spoiler:
    Pool is behind Shrine of Terror.

4.The same as 2.

spoiler:
    How do you bless the Anhk.

rastas
    spoiler:
    there's a room in Rannul's (?) tomb, on the left as you go in where you can place the ankh on the table and it will be blessed.

OK, found my way out. Totally hopeless loot collection. I didn't try the Erim's shrine puzzle more than twice. I'd still like to know if there are loads more undead in expert before I attempt that level. But considering how I really don't like fms like this - I loved it. Thank you.

Aspirin 3.
    spoiler:
    I think, IIRC, that it fits the lockbox lying by the thief in the maze. You can also open that unfrobbable door from the other side when you get to that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie
    I'd still like to know if there are loads more undead in expert before I attempt that level.
    There are a few more dotted about, but not loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Eichberger
    1.) Where could the keys that I've had in my inventory gone?
    2.) I could not find that pool of water where the ankh (what is an ankh?) is.
    5.) There is a place where a piece of coloured glass is part of the wall. Behind it I hear a haunt. Can I open this coloured glass?
    1. Some of them disappear once you have used them. Could that be the reason?
    2. All about ankhs. You will encounter the pool after you grab the amethyst in the Shrine of Terror.
    3. It opens the box by his corpse.
    5. Yes. Go down the steps south of the statue. Climb the right hand ladder, looking behind the tombs.

Thanks ffox. May well try expert then as weekend is coming up and I can get in more daylight hours.

Gerhard Eichberger

rastas
    spoiler:
    there's a room in Rannul's (?) tomb, on the left as you go in where you can place the ankh on the table and it will be blessed.
    I can't find the ankh. I was down in the water under the Shrine of Terror but the Ankh wasn't there. I play it in Normal. Then I have read that it shall be in Renall's Shrine in Normal, but I can't find it even there. (Renall's Shrine is that one where the ankh shall be blessed, correct? I've got one of the keys from a book in the library there. But I don't find the ankh. Also would be the ankh there before I were at the Shrine of Terror?)

Aspirin 3.
    spoiler:
    I think, IIRC, that it fits the lockbox lying by the thief in the maze. You can also open that unfrobbable door from the other side when you get to that bit.
    I don't find that lockbox, and I don't know which thief is meant. In the maze (where I was a while ago and took the rubin) there is now one of the skeleton guys standing directly under the ladder. He didn't move away although I was away for more than 20 minutes and he stays alarmed. So I can't return to the maze as I'm always killed by him...

Gerhard
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 4th May 2013 at 14:47. Reason: fixed quote

The ankh on normal is
    spoiler:
    in the library area of the shrine on the floor, I think by a fallen pillar - I think I went behind the table to find it on the same side of the room as the book

Don't know about the skeleton in front of the ladder I'm afraid. To find the thief and lockbox I followed these directions after I had got the jewel.
    spoiler:
    the body and a locked box and another Erim clue after following some blood. Got there by finding the plate and then going E. 2 cells, then S. 2 cells

Its not an objective to find this on normal I don't think.

There shouldn't be a skeleton near the ladder. Perhaps restarting from an earlier save would set things right?

I'm curious as to why one of the best challenges in the FM has only had one mention so far (from Kaloian).

Has anyone else managed to get the Horn of Gades unaided?

Quote Originally Posted by ffox

Yes, Sir

By the way: Great mission, Doaal

Gerhard Eichberger

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    There shouldn't be a skeleton near the ladder. Perhaps restarting from an earlier save would set things right?
    This happened as follows:

I went through the maze to that rooms where the skeletons are and got the rubin. I also got a key from one of the skeletons. When I returned to the maze there was a skeleton standing there. It saw me and rushed after me so I rän into any direction and was teleported near to the entrance/exit with the ladder. However the skeleton followed me and was also teleported. I could escape by the ladder but the skeleton was standing there downstairs and it doesn't move away. Normally an enemy is going away when he can no more find me (is at least so in the missions), but here it's not so. The skeleton stays there alarmed. I was away for more than 20 minutes, but when I returned near to the ladder I could hear that the skeleton was still waiting for me alarmed directly under the ladder. There is no chance to pass by it. The skeleton kills me before I reach the ground. I will now try to rush off around, but I'm afraid that won't function. The skeleton is too fast, and I must look, read and think what direction to take next time...

Gerhard

Gerhard Eichberger

I'm curious as to why one of the best challenges in the FM has only had one mention so far (from Kaloian).

Yes I did. It was very simple to find it but not so simple to get it and return alive, but I survived after some tryings. As I fell into the water I looked for the ankh and found the Horn. However I don't know where to use the horn. (I play on Normal.)

Gerhard

Can't remember where it was but I got it.

Wish I could help your problem Gerhard - I also played on normal
    spoiler:
    but didn't get any skeletons chasing me after I went back through the wall until I went back down the ladder again to try to find the lockbox and there was one that kept appearing in different places

Gerhard Eichberger: The Horn is an objective in Expert. You can't do anything with it (except gloat ) in any difficulty.

You don't have to go back into the maze on Normal. (Your skeleton problem was because you let him see you. You could go back to a save before then and hide a bit better next time. If you have to run away again don't turn north until you've lost him.)
    Last edited by ffox; 10th Feb 2006 at 15:31.

Gerhard Eichberger

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    Dafydd - Once you exit the Library through the secret door (which opens with a book) you'll end up back in the room where you found the Ring of Faith. The button you pushed opens a small secret door here.
    Now I have a problem in getting out. I went up a long spiral stairs and reached the library. I see the secret door but I can't open it. The book there is called "The journal of Brother Rastaban". Reading it doesn't open the secret door. Or am I in the wrong library?

Also, from where does the name "Masamune" for the sword come?

Gerhard

All about Masamune.

You are in the right place. That book has more than one page! Click on the bottom right hand corner to turn the pages.

It's on the bottom shelf on the east side of the room.

'Tis a most excellent mission, well done, doaal! On par with the Mystery Man, or maybe even better. To my shock, I found I managed to finish it without any help (got stumped on the maze puzzle for some time, that was a good one). Off to solve the remaining Erim puzzle now.

What, there is a special way to do it? I just hopped there and back again (well, had to reload once). Good luck, I guess.

Well, this "12-52" puzzle now perplexes me for 2 hours...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast