TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: T1 Mission - Sepulchre of the Sinistral (Feb. 4/2006)

bikerdude

ahhh

thanks metal dawn, and yes I agree whilst being in the spirit of things its can be bloody frustrating etc.

I think I tried those 3 numbers already, I must have got the starting(12) position wrong.

Will try when I get home this evening.

biker

Erim Shrine puzzle

Now that the cat is out of the bag...

The Erim Shrine puzzle is quite easy if you have got all 7 scrolls. The hard bit is finding all 7! The scrolls are:

spoiler:
    1. In a niche above the narrow passage (with dormant zombie and a mask) opposite Atrus' tomb. Face west and look up high.
    2. In the Pool of Radiance
    3. In the tomb of Cyrus the Nefarious
    4. Above the big hammer in Renall's
    5. In Amon's Temple (near the first chest) behind the SE column
    6. Above the entrance to the room with the statue in Erim's Temple
    7. In the maze near Syrrus' corpse

One scroll (#3) starts by telling the truth (there are 7 scrolls). Discard the scrolls that are definite lies or nonsense and you will be left with one (#6) that says how to do it (light 3 torches in the correct sequence), and one (#7) that explains the torch numbering and gives the clues to the required numbers. "The scroll with the key to revealing Erim's Legacy is hidden in her maze of Death, near a lost soul."

"The Golden Guardian stands ready, facing each new day as it begins anew. The hand sweeps out the path of the sun."

The face looks out over 12 o'clock (midnight) where one day changes to the next, so the torch nearest the door is #6, etc.

"When the year of Atrus' death is equal to the year of Cyrus' birth" (52 and 12)
    "They are not equal in numbers, yet identical in time"
    "your days are numbered"

1 year = 12 months; 1 year = 52 weeks; 1 year = xxx days

bikerdude

dooooooooh.!!!

Ive on;y being entering thopse 3 numbers in the wrong seqence all this time.... how homer of me lol

Now get this: there are OTHER clues on how to solve this puzzle:

spoiler:
    when you place the crystals, turn the volume way up: you can hear arrows being fired in the distance, and bouncing off a wall! Only three of them hit a button, the rest ovbiously hit a wall. Those three (3, 5, 6) are the ones you must press.. By that time, guessing the '365' riddle was easy. MOUAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by elfranche; 13th Feb 2006 at 19:22.

bikerdude

fun fun fun

when i got the mace of destruction I went back into the maze and killed all of erims minions....

And i didnt realise till now, ive been playing the mission on expert all this time, no wonder it was so bloody hard...

LOL

Does anyone know what The Skull of Tiamat is supposed to do?

It's the skull you find right next to the Pool of Radiance.

In actually, Tiamat is a water goddess from ancient Mesopotamian times. When I first found the Skull I considered this and, on a hunch, tossed it into the Pool of Radiance. To my surprise it disappeared!

Yet I cannot figure out what this is supposed to be for. Reading is not help; none of the books or texts I have found mention Tiamat or the pool at all.

Insight, please? Was this something that was overlooked?

By the way, this is apparently the only mythological reference in the mission that is consistant with any mythology in our world.

Walkthrough and Lootlist

Get them from Cheap Thief Missions here. Thanks to epithumia for hosting them. Happy Valentine's Day!

Quote Originally Posted by elfranche
    Now get this: there are OTHER clues on how to solve this puzzle:

spoiler:
    when you place the crystals, turn the volume way up: you can hear arrows being fired in the distance, and bouncing off a wall! Only three of them hit a button, the rest ovbiously hit a wall. Those three (3, 5, 6) are the ones you must press.. By that time, guessing the '365' riddle was easy. MOUAHAHAHAHA

Wow, that's a new one

My happy valentine's evening - I'm playing my game, he's playing his - nice companionable silence - love it. Chinese coming up shortly but in the meantime I have a complaint, and I quote
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickie
    I'd still like to know if there are loads more undead in expert before I attempt that level.

ffox reply 'There are a few more dotted about, but not loads.'
    ffox - you lie sir! - few more? Dozens more like.

And I'm still playing it - Either I'm completely mad or this is a masterpiece! Sorry - just had to get that off my chest, now back to the game.

few (definition)

2. adjective - Not very many people or things, but more than two, and sometimes more than might be expected.

My case rests.

DEFINITION =
    that there are not many or hardly any people or things
    Huh! is what I say to that.

Quote Originally Posted by metal dawn
    Does anyone know what The Skull of Tiamat is supposed to do?
    Yeah, i would like to know that too.

Finished this morning on expert - well worth the extra terror! Was wondering whether the lava pit was somehow easier to do on normal than expert as the first time around I just wizzed through it with no problems - 2nd time I died so many times, I waited till
    spoiler:
    I had the stone potions

bikerdude

fab lil mission

although it was very exspansive in size, this is one of the best t1 mission's ive played in a while, well done sir :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nickie
    Finished this morning on expert - well worth the extra terror! Was wondering whether the lava pit was somehow easier to do on normal than expert.
    Yes - 3 of the 7 guns don't fire on Normal, so if you keep to the west side it's a doddle. You get the full barrage on Hard and Expert. It can still be done unaided with a bit of practice (or luck).

For the most part this is a very well done mission , but it simpimly ceased to be any fun coming on the end . When I have to spend massive amounts of time and visit the forums to solve something , not to mention hide from roving bands of undead which I cannot kill - it's time to throw in the towel . I don't mean to be negative , and I do look forward to the next installment in the series .

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl
    not to mention hide from roving bands of undead which I cannot kill.
    There is a way to kill all of the undead.
    spoiler:
    You have to find a weapon.

Thanks for explanation ffox but that wasn't the problem - just couldn't do the jumping over bit. Maybe I was drunk or something this time!!

As shadows says
    spoiler:
    there's a weapon but by the time I got it, I was much more used to quietly sliding by and only used it once.

Maybe I'll become a ghoster yet.

Archivist
    I found some old (august 2002) screenshots of this mission on
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/ps/sepulchresinistral/
    Looks good if you ask me

Komaq, Sepulchre of the Sinistral is still in the Keep's list of upcoming Missions, as well as a few others that are already released. I think you can remove them now

I'm pleasantly surprised that this mission, which was already in development in 2002 it seems, is still released. Your effort is very much appreciated, Doaal! Good work!
    Many must have thought you quit working on it.

When I've reinstalled Thief Gold I will definetly check it out. Reading all those enthusiastic replies makes it clear that this isn't just a standard Thief mission.

Hi

I just finished playing this mission and wanted to add my own comments. I agree with the earlier comments. It is excellent. In fact it is probably the best Thief 1 mission I have played, along with Calendra's cistern. The gameplay and design is extremely rich and deep and the environments are mindbending. Everything is polished and professional. My only real complaint is that it may be too hard for some, including me. The puzzles are mindbending at times and some important switches are very difficult to find. I needed help at some points to finish it. Did anyone manage to complete this mission without any help? If so then you are really a masterthief and I am not fit to lick your boots!

EXIT?!

UGH this is driving me nuts! I cant seem to find the exit. All my objectives are complete, i just need to find the damn exit. Ive been all over looking for it. I read all the scrolls i had for clues and checked this post for a spoiler. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

There are a couple of places you could be stuck. Have a look at the end of the walkthrough.

thanks, i forgot to check there.

Hey I just beat The Mystery Man (Hey dont laugh its a hard map but I found an FAQ on it)

Anyway, I wanted to download this fan mission, but the "Cheap Thief Missions" download link is broken. I tried it in Firefox first, then in Internet Exploder (Explorer, just joking ) In Firefox, it came up with some window that said "550 failed to change directory". Then in IE, it came up with a page with "The page cannot be displayed."

Please, if you know anywhere else I could download this mission, let me know ASAP.
    My Thief FM Website
    "Those pies had enough grease to drop a Burrick!"

It should be availlable from Keep of metal and gold (www.keepofmetalandgold.com). I believe that's where I found it.

It's well worth persevering with it because it's a fantastic mission.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast