TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: T1 Mission - Sepulchre of the Sinistral (Feb. 4/2006)

Thiefmissions.com

thiefmissions is all fixed now.

@ edfreeman: Thanx but it wasn't on The Keeper Of Metal and Gold. I did however go back to thiefmissions.com and it let me download this time.

@epithumia: Oh so there was a problem on ur side I take it?

Need Help With Sepulchre of the Sinistral

Cool mission but I cant find Arek's Scepter. Where is it?

It's a bit complex as it's in the maze. Check the portions of the walkthrough titled "The Temple of Erim" and "Syrrus" which contain the information you need.

oh no not the maze again

Sepulchre of the Sinistral

Just finished playing this and i was engrossed from start to finish.
    Only one word can describe this fm "Masterpiece".
    It took me over 4 hours to complete it and enjoyed every minute, only had to consult the walkthrough once and that was near the end of the mission.
    Thankyou Doaal for taking the time to creating this mission.

Be sure to check out "the mystery man" too if you haven't already.

How the hell did I miss this mission. I played Mystery Man already, but this just kicks ass. Funny thing happen I was trying to find my quick save bind when I realized it was TDP not TMA, thats how good this mission looks.. PLAY IT!!!!
    Last edited by Ravenus1; 8th Sep 2006 at 02:09. Reason: spelling

It LOOKS as standard T1 graphics, nothing special, but it's a masterpiece in terms of atmosphere and gameplay. Riddles are just great.

Now when I replay this great FM, one question arose:

what "sinistral" does mean here? Does is really mean "left-handed" or it's supposed to mean something like "sinister"+(al) and author just mixed up words a bit ?
    Last edited by 242; 8th Apr 2007 at 05:51.

Clearinghouse
    Maybe somehow it is associated with Sinistrals?

Yes, this is it it seems. But then shouldn't it have been named "Sepulchre of the Sinistrals"?
    AFAIR there are temples of all those evil gods in the FM, not just one god...

*the bump to end all bumps*

I just finished playing through this mission on Expert mode, with about 117XX amount of loot. The maze was confusing, but I've done worse. Erim's riddle kept me stumped because none of the in-game clues were of any help, and neither were the forum clues. Overall, a fantastic mission. Certainly one of the better T1 FM's around. Reminded me alot of the old Incentive game, Castle Master, for some reason.

But I have a question that might sound really stupid. In the chapel at the start of the mission, there's a non-frobbable door to the right of the main entrance on the ground floor. Is there a way to open it? If so, any hints on how to do so?

Unkillable Cat: All is revealed in the walkthrough. Enjoy!

Hint - a long jump is required

Cat, I guess you're playing on expert, that door can be opened through Brother osma's room, acroos that little elevator.

I'm glad you like it, and like its sequel (The Mystery Man), Doaal charged them with an oppresive ambience. I consider them almost classics, and officialy must-to-be-played.

Thanks for the help. I somehow missed that elevator in Brother Osma's room. No biggie.

I have Mystery Man installed in my DarkLoader folder and it was the next FM on my list...I didn't even realize that these two were connected. Cool beans that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooh Nibor
    and like its sequel (The Mystery Man)
    Really? I didn't know that! I actually played Mystery Man first.

Oh.....er my bad. I just looked at the readme, it says "(prequel to the mystery man) February, 2006"

Which means it actually came out after this mission. This is sort of like what Episode 1 of star wars was to the old 1970's film.

An excellent bonehoard-style mission. Possibly the best one out there so far.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dooh Nibor
    and like its sequel (The Mystery Man)
    Really? I didn't know that! I actually played Mystery Man first.

Oh.....er my bad. I just looked at the readme, it says "(prequel to the mystery man) February, 2006"

Which means it actually came out after this mission. This is sort of like what Episode 1 of star wars was to the old 1970's film.
    Wow, I said The Mystery Man was the secuel, but I even didn't noticed it was released BEFORE Sepulchre the Sinistral...

doaal, you the man!

So I'm in Erim's temple, in the room with the Cthulhu statue. There's supposed to be a button somewhere to open the panel above the statue, but I can't find it. I saw a walkthrough that says it's between the statue and the wall, but it must be a mistake since there's nothing there

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    So I'm in Erim's temple, in the room with the Cthulhu statue. There's supposed to be a button somewhere to open the panel above the statue, but I can't find it. I saw a walkthrough that says it's between the statue and the wall, but it must be a mistake since there's nothing there
    I am somewhat familiar with this great fm, and all I can suggest is to blindly frob everywhere between the statue and the wall, even all over the statue. Depending on your video card rendering, it may be invisible, or very hard to see. Not all objects render properly.

I tried frobbing all over but there's nothing. I even switched to "no hardware" mode to check if I could see it, but no. Here's a screenshot - there's nothing there

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/...2-04-56-75.png

Unless I'm supposed to complete some other objective before that button shows up?

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    I see what you mean, but according to this walkthrough, it is a very tiny button :

http://www.thiefmissions.com/walkthr...Sinistral.html

quote: "tiny button is hidden between the statue plinth and the rh wall, and by pressing it you will open a secret panel above the statue." Between the base which the statue sits on and the righthand wall. Look again, as it is very very small. Squat so you can get close enough to frob. I have seen alot of buttons hidden this way. If you get close enough to the ground, you should be able to frob it, even if you dont see it.

I tried again, but nothing. I went into Dromed to have a look, and there's actually no button there at all!

This one isn't hard to see. The walkthrough says "rh wall" not "back wall".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	button..jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	1184

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast