TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T1 Mission - Sepulchre of the Sinistral (Feb. 4/2006)

T1 Mission - Sepulchre of the Sinistral (Feb. 4/2006)

Sepulchre of the Sinistral is now available for download.

http://thiefmissions.com/m/SepulchreOfTheSinistral
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...M-Download.xml

It's a new T1 mission by Doaal, who many of you will remember as the author of Mystery Man. The new one is a prequel to it.

I've been betatesting this off and on for almost 2 years and it's EXCELLENT! smithpd, one of the other betatesters, called it "Bonehoard squared" and he's not wrong. It's got everything you could want in an undead, creepy mission and it's just plain fun to play!

Read everything carefully as there are some fairly difficult puzzles to work out and you'll need to remember the clues.

Congratulations, Doaal, on the release of this fine piece of work.

Thread navigation:
    T1 FM: Sepulchre of the Sinistral <-- currently viewing
    T1 FM: The Mystery Man (sequel)
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 4th May 2013 at 14:43. Reason: added links

OK good..now we just have one thread! Nightwalker and I posted the news at the exact same moment. [Garrett]CREEPY[/Garrett].

Gotta go now and DL...I hope I survive.

Can anyone tell me, can Thief Gold FMs be played using Thief 1 or Thief 2? If not is there any good reason why missions are designed for Thief Gold rather than the other versions?

Yes you can play Thief gold missions with Thief 1 using a patch. You can find it here.

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/thief/fms.asp

and here http://thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=589

Thief gold just has a few more objects and textures and other stuff and I think this patch adds them to T 1 so we can play all T1 and T1 Gold Fan Missions. Thief gold also has 2 or three extra missions not found in Thief 1.

There is a more in depth explanation here.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202

And a big THANKYOU to Doaal for making this mission. It is a welcome Saturday morning surprise. I will just have to cover all my windows so I can play it in the dark. The only way to go taffin.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 4th Feb 2006 at 12:49.

This will prove to be one of the all-time greats! If you haven't got T1/G I urge you to get it so you can play this mission.

Odd! I can't download it! It say's quota exceeded, yet i've downloaded zero FM's for the past few days! (I don't think this has happened to me before)

Quota status: Exceeded
    You've downloaded 5 unique file(s) for a total of 215271351 bytes today (not counting previous downloads of this mission).

Ahh, I guess I got up too late! I wanted to announce the release myself

As Nightwalker mentioned, there are quite a few puzzles so keep your eyes open. The mission should be ghostable (some betatesters tried it that way), but I'm not 100% sure since that's not my style of play. There are even a few optional puzzles in the mission.

Thanks to all the betatesters who've been very patient with me, and also to Jason for hosting it. Also, thanks to all the taffers at TTLG who make this community so much fun

Have fun!

Thiefmissions.com

Wait, is this mission for Thief 1 or Thief Gold? The info with the mission suggests the former.

It should just be a T1 mission, I don't remember using anything from TG in it.

I can't wait to start playing this one! The first one had some of the most devious puzzles of all time...one of its puzzles is the reason I now chop down every banner I see in every FM.

That's my bad luck here again: I can't play T1 or Gold missions and I still don't know why
    I cán open the missions and walk through them, but I can't use any weapons or open any doors.
    I've got all the real Thief CD-R's so that can't be the problem.
    I really would like to play all these other T1-FM's also, so I'll ask this question again : Can someone tell me what to download and put "where" on my computer, so I can play this FM also?

Gloria Creep

I'm begging here, Taffers ....

Can I bribe you by making you a Dewdrop dolly???
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Try this page

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202

I think you need convict.osm.....click Thief 1 from the faq under Getting ready to play fan missions download convict.zip then unzip it into your main Thief 1 Directory. C\Thief\ < here.

Check first to see if you already have it. Go to your thief folder and look for

convict.osm

Good luck Mrs Teddy Bear Maker Gloria. I hope I helped.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 4th Feb 2006 at 14:01.

I'm afraid the confusion about whether it's T1 or TG was my fault. I've corrected the title of the thread and the announcement.

Sorry I stole your thunder, doaal but SlyFoxx and I tied for posting that it was available. Someone else would surely have gotten in ahead of you. We're always eager for new missions and can't wait to spread the word when we see one available.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Congratulations for the release of your FM doaal!

Aaaaaaaand, I'm lost.

I was doing so well too.

Anyway, every objective is done with the exception of getting out, and finding the staff I need.
    spoiler:
    Judging from what's written in the red journal, I suspect that it's in the maze somewhere. I tried going east again starting at the paragraph "Now look what he's done..." and took a right, just like it said. No chest. I think I have the right idea here...but I'm a bit lost as far as the exact direction I should be heading in.

The Mike: Get back to the cell with the metal plate.

(The plate is in the NW corner of the cell.) Go east 2 cells, then south 2 cells. When you see bloodstains, follow them.

It's great playing T1 again, but I'm stuck early on...
    spoiler:
    I have the ring of faith but haven't a clue what to do with it. I also can't find anything behind the broken pillar.

Really enjoying it so far

Quote Originally Posted by madwolf
    It's great playing T1 again, but I'm stuck early on...
    spoiler:
    I have the ring of faith but haven't a clue what to do with it. I also can't find anything behind the broken pillar.

Really enjoying it so far
    spoiler:
    Have you seen the hand near the entrance of the tomb? Read the plaque above it

Cheers Doaal
    Can't believe I didn't get that

OK where is this ring, I can't find it!

I have serched the FAQ,s, but I am still confused.
    I don't have T1, only TGold.
    I have downloaded other T1 missions, but they don't work for me.
    Darkloader 4.02 just tells me you need T1 to play these missions.
    Can this mission be played with TGold, or not,????.
    I would love to be able to play it.

Yes you can play all T1 fan missions with thief gold. See my post earlier right after Gloria creep

Damn, I saw screenshots of this years ago at The Keep when first I started playing FMs. I always wondered if it was going to be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by P Forth
    Can this mission be played with TGold, or not
    TDP missions can be played with Thief Gold, yes.

edit:asdfLightninglineghjkl

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline
    Yes you can play all T1 fan missions with thief gold. See my post earlier right after Gloria creep
    Thanks Lightningline. . I will check that out.

Krush Check the bas-relief images on the West wall in the room where you find the dead guy inside the broken pillar. There's a tiny ring in the one behind the intact pillar.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast