TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elevator Mission T1 V2 (Released Dec 25 2005)

I finally found relief for this hair pulling mission:

spoiler:
    In the beginning of this mission when you take the elevator all the way down from the kitchen; the room where there is a guard and an archer and 3 switches... the door frame is made of wood!! If you knock out the guard and position yourself so the door frame is between you and the archer, he will stick arrows in the door frame for you to grab until you get tired of it I have 300 arrows now and going to tackle this mission!!

Lots of arrows helped made it to the end, have all objectives and I see the end.. but..

spoiler:
    the door with the "X" over it is closed and I do not see the switch to open it. Also there is a blue chest which is locked near the end and I cant pick it, nor do I have a key for it. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by jprobs
    I finally found relief for this hair pulling mission:

spoiler:
    In the beginning of this mission when you take the elevator all the way down from the kitchen; the room where there is a guard and an archer and 3 switches... the door frame is made of wood!! If you knock out the guard and position yourself so the door frame is between you and the archer, he will stick arrows in the door frame for you to grab until you get tired of it I have 300 arrows now and going to tackle this mission!!
    Thats a good one and may save pepole some serious headachs. But I feel you may be robbing your self of the challenge. Seems to me more of a bug than stragety. Mabey there should be a nice healthy haunt there insted of an archer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline
    But I feel you may be robbing your self of the challenge. Seems to me more of a bug than stragety. Mabey there should be a nice healthy haunt there insted of an archer.
    I already went through it once without the extra help... I was ready to give up until I got all the arrows. Trust me, the arrows were not the greatest help. To kill each guard it took 10-15 arrows. But at least I quit pulling out my hair

Quote Originally Posted by rastas
    I have only the sword objective ticked and
    spoiler:
    I've thrown the jumper switch behind the double doors at the beginning of the haunt section. All that happend is an alarm sounds but no gate or door opened and I'm trapped in the haunt section. Is this the last thing your supposed to do in the mission.
    As it has taken 3 hours + in saved game time just to get to this stage.
    The way to open the entry door to the Haunts area, when inside and going out, is:
    spoiler:
    bear right, past the two haunt stations near the entrance, and find a corridor with four wood doors. A burrick sounding guy patrols there. The first door on your right leads to an apparition. Kill him if you like. Find a button on the wall and press it. Then go across the hall to the first room on the left. Find a painting moved aside, revealing a switch.
    A unnecessary cheat is todrop three bodies on the floor switch before entering.

Arrows are unnecessary except for
    spoiler:
    a couple of rope arrows near the end.
    The mission can be completed with only the BJ and the sword. Not for the faint of heart, though.
    spoiler:
    Other weapons may be useful at the end. The problem is to use them without being killed.

Lots of arrows helped made it to the end, have all objectives and I see the end.. but..

spoiler:
    the door with the "X" over it is closed and I do not see the switch to open it. Also there is a blue chest which is locked near the end and I cant pick it, nor do I have a key for it. Any suggestions?
    Yes, I have a suggestion.
    spoiler:
    Kill the three haunts, and the gate will open. If unable to do that, there are ways to run and hide. They are not obvious.
    I'll leave it at that for now. This is a very hard ending.

AFAIK, the blue chest cannot be opened. In V1 it can be picked, and it contains loot. If someone finds a way, please let us know. Don't waste too much time on it, though.
    Last edited by smithpd; 14th Feb 2006 at 22:03.

The Blue chest can be opened with the JIS Key.

spoiler:
    It is in the pond with a statue above it, in the beginning of the section with the GilmoSceptor.

Can someone tell me which section the Hand of Glory is.

@ rastas: Hand of Glory You remember the area with prison-cells, one with spiders in it ?

The Blue chest can be opened with the JIS Key.
    What is in the chest?

Hand of Glory

spoiler:
    Take a good look at the room occupied by that Ramirez looking guy in the haunted area

Fire Arrows

Thanks for the JIS key tip.. Although I am not sure I need fire arrows at this point.

spoiler:
    I figured out how to kill the haunts (let the 2 guards do it) bit now There is a floating platform which takes me up to a locked elevator with a dead man lying in front of it. where is the switch to the locked elevator?

@ jprobs :
    spoiler:
    Is there a sage-key ? Then you reached the end of the mission. Did you find the Hand of Glory and the Sceptre ?

Quote Originally Posted by UliB
    @ jprobs :
    spoiler:
    Is there a sage-key ? Then you reached the end of the mission. Did you find the Hand of Glory and the Sceptre ?
    yes.
    spoiler:
    I have hand of glory and sceptre, but no sage key. I have a seal key and "end of key". The locked elevator does not appear to need a key but rather a switch. I assume this is the end. Am I right?

@ jprobs: The sage key lies near dead body. Take it and you´re done

Thank you UliB!

I kept looking at the walls for a switch somewhere... only took 3 hours to finish this level (and alot of game saves)

I may never replay this one again.

Thanks for the JIS key tip.. Although I am not sure I need fire arrows at this point.
    Very ingenious, jprobs. I tried your method and it works great.
    spoiler:
    It is interesting that those quards do not alert to Garrett.
    With the fire arrows, I also succeeded the hard way, with no tricks.

jprobs :- Got the two guards to do it?

How did you do that? Those haunts are driving me crazy. There is always 1 left and I die before it does.

How did you do that? Those haunts are driving me crazy. There is always 1 left and I die before it does.
    spoiler:
    I threw a couple of knocked out people on the floor switch between the 2 guards who don't seem to mind garrett.. this holds the gate open. Then I just went to the haunts, made them chase me around and ran back to the rope arrow and jumped on it. The guards knock the snot out of the haunts for you

Yes, that's it. Two alterntatives that worked for me.

The hard way, with no tricks:
    spoiler:
    Saving all weapons, I had 3 mines, 4 fire arrows, and 7 flashbombs to start. Lean out from corner and put out torch on right. Moss and jump to right wall. Put out torch on left. Another moss, and I am past the pew in the alcove, in the dark, with all AI visible. First I hit the one on the left with three mines and one fire arrow, waiting for AI to go off alert between shots for maximum effect. The alert patrols go away from me. The haunt on the right got into one of the three mines. Then I attacked the one on the right with three fire arrows in rapid succession. Then use flashbombs and the sword on the last one. Throw flashbombs at his feet and whack away until he starts to see again.

With tricks:
    spoiler:
    As with the guards method, but the guards are down. Go down on the rope below the floor, so when a haunt comes after you he loses interest and turns back. Then, when you run after him, he does not hear you come up behind him, so you get a good 2-4 whacks before he turns. Run back to the rope and repeat, ad nauseum. Flash bombs are optional.
    Last edited by smithpd; 15th Feb 2006 at 19:49.

Ghost
    I think I'm doing this very weird.

I've gotten to the Haunt area... but I don't even have the sword yet! I passed by a couple of swords that didn't frob... one right towards the beginning.

I don't have any mines, only three flashbombs; I guess fire arrows come later. All I have is the blackjack and a few arrows (and only one water arrow, I think).

I must be missing a bunch of stuff. All the humans I've encountered are unconscious so far.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dafydd

The sword may be found before you enter the haunt area. You really do nead it in there, if not before. Do you have the sword key?

Most of the weapons are found fairly late in the game, but I don't remember exactly where.

Ahh, i remember now...
    The sword is down in the area with the horizontal cloudy particle-elevator and the inn.

Ghost
    I found the sword; for those who come after and who despair, it's in the cloud-platform alley, bottom floor, through the door opposite the door that leads to the elevator-haunt; you need the sword-key, which you can get by tramping down the long, brightly lit, tile-floored corridor with the guard at the end: flashbomb and KO him, pick the lock on the door behind, and eventually you'll get to a room with a pair of guards and a very suspicious looking altar. From there, you should be able to find what you need.

All right, so it's not suicide to enter the Haunt House with only a sword -- no fire arrows or mines or nuclear hand grenades or anything else... right? Those come later?

Either this version is improved from the original version, or else I've gotten a little better at Thief in the meanwhile, because I'm not having anywhere near as hard a time as I did in 2004.

Dafydd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast