TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SSR Contest FM - "Slow but Steady Progress"

SSR Contest Mission - Slow & Steady Progress

The head objective is driving me nuts!
    spoiler:
    I cannot take the head from the haunt and have no weapons to try to take it by force. Is there another head somewhere that I'm missing?

I can't get anywhere in this one. I've read that I need to find a hanky but I seem to be the only one who can't locate it. Where is it please?

Nightwalker:
    spoiler:
    On the top floor. There are two porticullus's, get into the left one, forb the switch and quickly go into the other porticullus, frob the button and go into the library.

Objective didn't tick off for me. Was that the problem?

An interesting FM (technically proficient with some nice humorous elements and fun ideas) though I always think it's a little false to extend the gameplay by forcing players to traipse back and forth to achieve goals.

After finding the hanky things went quite smoothly. It's definitely an interesting mission though I too found the traipsing back and forth through the same hallways got a bit tedious but that was balance off by the innovative puzzles. Thanks to whoever made it!

I only found 10g. though. Anybody know where the other 20 is?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I also only found 10. By the way, there is still a bug in the new version. You'll get totally stuck like I did if you
    spoiler:
    use the haunt killer arrow on the scarecrow (or otherwise use it up doing anything other than killing Death). The reason I thought that was the right thing to do was because if you shoot the haunt killer arrow at the scarecrow, the door under him opens, revealing the lever that gets you into the pub.

I've contacted the author about this but don't know if another fix will be released or not. If people just follow the spoiled advice above, then the mission is perfectly fine, and a lot of fun I thought. Very clever gameplay, although the running back and forth is a bit tiresome, but that's just part of it when playing a mission built with size restrictions.

So has anyone else managed to make it thorugh the water maze with only 1 breath potion?

Like Yandros, I
    spoiler:
    used the arrow on the scarecrow as it seemed the right thing to do.
    It made things a bit confusing later, but I was still able to finish.

I really liked this mission, great fun.

How did you manage to finish after doing that? There's no way to kill Death to get his head once you've used the arrow.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Aaah, thanks to the spoilers, I managed to finish the fm in a "normal" way.
    Very innovative and interesting puzzle-fm, but can be broken easily

Thanks to the author, even if I played it 4 times I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros
    How did you manage to finish after doing that? There's no way to kill Death to get his head once you've used the arrow.
    You dont have to.

spoiler:
    When you shoot the scarecrow with the HauntKiller you get access to the pub and to the second pair of breath potions. Simply swim a second time and your out. You even can throw the bones of Death against the scarecrow to open the panel beneath it. I think the mission was fine if the author would let the scarecrow only get attacked by the sword.

What WildWilbur said really. Seems like I missed some of the action!

Oh yeah, I guess you could do that. Guess I considered the death's head an objective even though it wasn't really one.

Haunt?

The Death Arrow doesn't kill the Haunt.....it's just a bomb of light to him and then he kills me, is there more than one arrow? Help!

I need some help. I'm managed to get a decent ways into the mission, I managed to get as far as using a broadhead to blow up the basketball, but now I don't know where to go from here. I read that I need a special arrow to kill Death; where do I find it?
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

TNT - You need the haunt killer arrow and you find it in the green safe in the basement. Benny (the guard patrolling down there) is wearing the key. Did you Pick up each of the basketballs? One of them is special and you'll need it.

coreyb2 The arrow works if you use it at the right time. I tried to use it when I first saw him running along the hallway and it was just a burst of light, as you described. If that's what you're doing, wait until later. You'll see him again and then it will work.

Haunt down now!!!!!

Thanks Nightwalker
    spoiler:
    I couldn't kill him until I got into the hole in wall by the display room. I couldn't find him until I got into the bar and frobbed the small chest and after that he was patroling the halls and I had to ghost around him for quit a while. Now I have the head and the display key and I'm off again to get the sword, basketball and what ever! Thanks for your help.
    Coreyb2

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    TNT - You need the haunt killer arrow and you find it in the green safe in the basement.
    Oh boy. I had it on me all along, I didn't notice the different name until I equipped it again.

Did you Pick up each of the basketballs? One of them is special and you'll need it.
    I forgot to mention, but I did. But I'm stuck again. I've attacked the scarecrow, killed Death twice now, I've just killed him for the second time, and escaped from the pub looking area. I'm not sure where to go next, from what I've read I need to go swimming again, but I haven't found a new area to swim through?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 21st Mar 2006 at 10:41.

spoiler:
    If you're done, swim through the same route as before (using the two new breath potions from the pub) and you'll find it leads you somewhere different than before.

Im stuk, i found the hanky but its a dryhanky so i tryde to wet it in the only waterpool i found , by the dripping pipe on the first floor , but nothing happens, is there another place i need to go

How do you keep the spoilers from being on a new line every time
    Last edited by Nielsen74; 21st Mar 2006 at 10:56.

Nielsen74:

spoiler:
    Yes, there's another place. You'll need to visit the washroom downstairs.

Oh, and in answer to your other question, use [spoil] instead of [spoiler].

pub

Can some one clue me in as to where the switch to open the bar is. Im on the inside after getting second bottles of breath potion.

It never fails, as soon as i post i find the answer........think up.
    Last edited by maloo; 21st Mar 2006 at 10:21.

spoiler:
    If you're done, swim through the same route as before (using the two new breath potions from the pub) and you'll find it leads you somewhere different than before.
    Ah, thanks! Mission complete! This was a crazy little mission, should've put a notice in the readme that you needed at least half a brain to beat it. I liked it a lot though, she's definitely a keeper.

Very interesting mission!
    I would never have figured out the thing with the hanky and the window without the help from this forum, but everything else was fine (and worked without problems).

CANT GET KEY

After I swim, how do you open the left gate with the key at the far end?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast