TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SSR Contest FM - "Slow but Steady Progress"

Ok,
    spoiler:
    Sigh, Where is that hidden switch to reopen the door? I'm in the room with the pirate flag.

Check the posts above the bar counter for a switch.

d. Dec 2017
    Just how am I to use
    spoiler:
    the basketball on the field around the sword? Trying to frob the magic field with the ball doesn't work; throwing it does nothing, and putting it on the plate is a waste of time. Yes, I have the correct basketball.

What in blue blazes am I missing?

This is a very clever and well done FM.

Do you already have the gate open? If not, you need to find a way to get a skull. If you've already done that then you should just have to "use" the Magic Field Killer (or whatever it's called) ball on the field around the sword, the same way you would use a key and it should just dissipate, allowing you to pick up the sword.

d. Dec 2017
    Uh, no, I don't have the gate open nor do I have the skull.

Hmmm! You've got the ball so you've been in through the hole in the wall just past the Display room where there's a haunt, right? Kill the haunt with the Haunt killer arrow, pick up the skull and "use" it on the plate beside the gate to the sword room.

Scarecrow problem

When i shoot an arrow at the scarecrow nothing happens. What am I doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by maloo
    spoiler:
    Take a wack at it with the sword

Quote Originally Posted by maloo
    spoiler:
    That's right. Also, the haunt killer arrow is needed for another purpose (guess what?), so you had better save it.

I found how to Get the gear and the Scarecrow
    Still can not find How to get the basket ball
    Reading here it seems to be
    behind the painting.No opening

I got a message come up this is where death must be
    I am still getting nothing. I reloaded all the scripts for "No vault of my own".
    Unless it is that is not working
    Just want to know am I in the right place??.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie
    I found how to Get the gear and the Scarecrow
    Still can not find How to get the basket ball
    Reading here it seems to be
    behind the painting.No opening
    spoiler:
    Did you dive through the opening in the pool? At the end there you can find a key to the display room. The basket ball can then be found in this display room. You need the display case key to get it. This key is located behind that picture along with Death. The opening should be visible after picking up the display room key from the pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow
    spoiler:
    Did you dive through the opening in the pool? At the end there you can find a key to the display room. The basket ball can then be found in this display room. You need the display case key to get it. This key is located behind that picture along with Death. The opening should be visible after picking up the display room key from the pedestal.
    Now I understand What I did Not do. . Such an idiot
    I had not found out how to get the breath potion. Now done that. Thanks for the help.

For fear of spoilers, I haven't read through any of this thread, so if this has been said, I apologize. But, I've just started this FM, and had to say that the "I guess I could use some target practice" line is the funniest I've heard in a FM in a long time. It made me laugh most heartily! I hope the rest is as good.

On I go...

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret
    For fear of spoilers, I haven't read through any of this thread, so if this has been said, I apologize. But, I've just started this FM, and had to say that the "I guess I could use some target practice" line is the funniest I've heard in a FM in a long time. It made me laugh most heartily! I hope the rest is as good.

On I go...
    I see that you already played Cryptic Cravings. Did you find the diary of the haunt in there? If you laughed about what Garret said at that toilet, you should invest some time in finding that diary in Cryptic Carvings.

Yes, SinisterShadow, I found and read that diary, and it was very funny! The rest of that mission left me a bit annoyed, though, due to its unusual and seemingly unwarranted difficulty. I still liked it, however, and can definitely appreciate its author's skill and hard work.

Archivist
    I'm playing version 1.2 now and I found a very frustrating bug

Benny is blocking the basement room with the scrarecrow window. He tries to walk through the door from the outside, and I hear a constant opening-closing-door sound as result.
    No matter what I do, it can no longer be opened. Does anyone else had the same problem?
    Guess I have to restart the mission

Edit: Restarted the mission and everything goes fine so far. The only thing left to do is find something to eat. Can someone tell me how to open the gate to the bar room

Edit: Never mind. Forgot to attack the scarecrow
    MISSION COMPLETE
    Last edited by The Phantom; 13th Apr 2006 at 15:34.

Must be one total dummy. Have read all the posts and still can't figure out the basketball/sword thing. I have put the skull on the plate, have the basketball from the display room. Drop basketball in front of gate where sword is and shoot with an arrow. All I get is a bunch of basketballs bouncing on the floor. I see in the posts reference to two basketballs. Can only find the one in the cage in the display room. However, after hitting the basketball with the arrow, a bunch of basketballs appear. One is "Ahh, now I can grab the sword". How? I put it in the gate by the sword but no longer have an arrow to hit it with. Apparently, someone needs to lead me by the hand here.

@joanieS
    spoiler:
    To use the basketball for getting the sword, you'll have to open the grate first. You can only open that thing with the skull of Death. If the grate isn't open yet, retry using the skull with the plate, not just dropping it. Do the same with the ball to the force field.

Couple of dml's courtesy Jax, to prevent manteling through window in NewDark and fix a couple of objects

Note: The dml's also require the SimRepostion squirrel script to be installed in order to work (can be installed in your main T2 folder)

Code:
    DML1

//Slow But Steady Progress: Fixes. File: resource.gam.dml

CreateArch "TransWin" "BrokenWinBlock"
    {
       +ObjProp "ModelName"
       {
          "" win4x8br
       }
       +ObjProp "Material Tags"
       {
          "1: Tags" ""
       }
    }
    MetaProp "BrokenWinBlock" "FrobInert"
    Code:
    DML1

//Slow But Steady Progress: Fixes. File: miss20.mis.dml

#script squirrel

+ObjProp 142 "PhysType"
    {
       "Type" None
       "# Submodels" 0
    }
    +ObjProp 251 "DesignNote"
    {
       "" RepositionLoc=-0.0,0.0,0.1
    }
    +ObjProp 251 "Scripts"
    {
       "Script 0" SimRepositionOfst
    }
    +Link 101 "BrokenWinBlock" "Corpse"
    {
    }
    Last edited by fortuni; 22nd Nov 2019 at 12:22.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123