TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: SSR contest - Complications

L'architecte de Rocksbourg

SSR contest - Complications

Playing it right now, but what are we supposed to do
    spoiler:
    once we get out of the house with the door closed behind you ? There are undead everywhere, I visited every place I could I think, I found the shed key and used it... and what now ?

Nice little mission btw, I like the idea
    'Tis impressive the number of undead missions we have here
    Last edited by DrK; 21st Apr 2006 at 18:16.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Search the shed very carefully.

This mission is rather impressive due to the fact that the author got a mission that feels twice as large by reusing the city for both worlds. Clever idea.

thanks for the tip, 'must be blind or something...

Wow awesome, 'tis even better than I thought.
    spoiler:
    First I thought the undead invaded the city, but in fact that's an alternate dimension. Damn I love that !

Thanks to the author for such a great idea and complex fm !

I'm stuck. I've gotten Raphael's key, unlocked his door and the undead are gone but now I have to find Garrett's key. I have a "box key" but can't find anyplace to use it. I remember seeing a locked key in the side room of the shop where you get the flashbombs when the doors were knocked down during the undead part but it's now firmly locked. Doesn't pick open or unlock with any of the keys I have. What am I missing?

Same problem as Nightwalker here. But a very nice and entertaining mission, although I was very afraid of the undead, especially without my lovely sword Thank you!

I noticed a small bug after the undead part: some doors were black and others made first the closing sound and opened only after the second frob.

spoiler:
    Well you simply have to come back in the alternate dimension, open that box in the shop with the box key, and finally come back in normal world
    I found some bugs too, like doors disappearing and black things left behind, but with the time limit of the contest I guess the author couldn't find a proper way to get rid of these bugs. 'didn't spoil the fun with me

NW, run back through the house and back through the graveyard and then back into the pub. This should trigger the pub to go back into the other dimension. I had the same problem when beta testing.

This mission really surprised me. At first I figured it would simply be walking into homes and stealing loot over and over, but suddenly they throw one huge twist at ya! Nice mission, loved it.

Man these FM's have tons of undead!

sluggs, thank you for the help! You saved me!

The strange thing is, that I had tried to walk through the cementary, but it had changed back to "normal" and the door was closed. So I replayed the hole mission and now it works. Don't know what I did wrong. But it was very much fun (and now the undead are properly dead.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros
    Search the shed very carefully.

This mission is rather impressive due to the fact that the author got a mission that feels twice as large by reusing the city for both worlds. Clever idea.
    The author must have been spying on me. Hint Hint

I had fun playing it, but I did see a little bug.
    spoiler:
    Some of the doors flew across the map when opened, and still had "blocks vision" black rectangle left behind.

Thank you, sluggs! That worked perfectly and the mission is now complete though I didn't find all the loot so I may go back for another look around later.

This is actually a very clever idea. Needs some fine polishing but quite original. Has anyone found the secret?

I am 300 short.

Oh OK I found it.

spoiler:
    Look in the room where you use the box key for 300 gold.

I'm also stuck.
    spoiler:
    I also didn't find the shed.

The shed is the building to your immediate left as you exit the starting building (deadend to the left)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    I'm stuck. I've gotten Raphael's key, unlocked his door and the undead are gone but now I have to find Garrett's key. I have a "box key" but can't find anyplace to use it. I remember seeing a locked key in the side room of the shop where you get the flashbombs when the doors were knocked down during the undead part but it's now firmly locked. Doesn't pick open or unlock with any of the keys I have. What am I missing?

Sometimes I have to use a key twice in a row to get it to work - the box key SHOULD have worked.

I had an issue with loot disappearing between dimensions. I was still able to get the loot objective, but everytime I crossed and picked up new loot, it restarted at zero. At one point, however, I picked up a loot I had picked up before, and my level shot back up again - was there supposed to be a note that Raphael had stolen and hidden my loot as well? Or is it just a bug?

I had no problem with disappearing loot and I'm sure it is not intended - but my arrows somehow got "infected" with this death stage (?) thingy and stuck in the air. Quite an interesting effect with fire arrows btw., they work like a sort of fire mines then and only explode when someone comes too close. But it was no problem at all for playing.
    Last edited by snowcap21; 19th Mar 2006 at 17:30.

Box key?

i can't seem to find it. Is
    spoiler:
    it necessary to open the locked box next to the fireplace with the secret stash?

Yes, you need the key to go on. Have you seen Raphael yet? He should patrol in front of your house when you come back from the other dimension and he has the key.

I see dead people....

I see only undead running around the place. Been back to the starting point a couple times but see nothing but a haunt patrolling in front.

bobber, sorry for the wrong information, I thought you were already more advanced in the mission. Before you can meet Raphael and get the key you have to find a way back to reality. Then you have to go back again.

Ok, but how do I do that? I've retraced my path all over the place but nothing is happening.

Do you have Raphael's key? You can use it on his front door to get back to reality. If not, do you have the shed key? You have to look very carefully around in the shed to find R.'s key. If you don't have the shed key look in the house with the haunt inside. Hope that helps.

Thanks snowcap21 but I can't seem to find
    spoiler:
    Raphael's house
    I have his key as well as the shed key. I can't believe I'm having so much trouble with this fm...

Raphael's house is the one where you open the door to the other dimension. You have to go back inside over the cementery and use the key from the inside, it doesn't work from the outside.

finished with some help on the key thing, so thanks folk!
    missed100 loot somewhere, but that isn't too bad...
    oddest thing, though -
    spoiler:
    when I came back to reality (the first time) a haunt was waiting in Raphael's living room!

very good twist in this mission, and certainly not expected good job