TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Rebellion of the Builder" Mar. 29/06

I opened the door to guards training room then hid opposite and the house guards killed all the guards in training ! greatfun but is this right?

mickey70
    this is pretty awesome Gort. I just started Contradiction of the Builder's Children,
    spoiler:
    and got my ass kicked by the bartender.
    I love it! everything up to here has been mighty sweet too.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT
    OK, to go through the easy way in the estate, use Garrett's advise about checking the outside windows upstairs. Those trees are climbable and you can hide behind the shadows of 'em too. Hope that helps.
    Ah...I was wondering about that one...I looked for rope arrows, thinking you might've allowed the branches to catch them, but didn't have any so I gave that notion up. I'll give that a try now

Just finished the second mission. Loved the
    spoiler:
    tiny treebeats!
    but the lighting is a little wierd. Also got nowhere near the 3000 loot requirement. These missions are in turn frustrating and challenging.... but I would be lost without resorting to Dromed.

Is noone else playing these, it's strangely quiet in this thread?

im stuck in the code , in firts mission any clue

Quote Originally Posted by Garret- son
    im stuck in the code , in firts mission any clue
    spoiler:
    You find hints for the code in the library and near the guards training room. You should have no problem to reach the library. The guard trainig room is on the second floor. Don't try the numbers on the scroll from the library -- they are an example calculation only (that was written on the scroll as well). Good luck in finding/reaching the guards trainig room unnoticed.

First let me say that I apreciate your dedication and all the hard work put into this FM. You are very ambitious and your imagination is in overdrive but I am sorry to say that this is not my cup of tea. I enjoyed part 1 but after that it got a little too funky for my personal liking. This is not a knock on your talent or of you expressing yourself and ideas, just not for me. I'm kind of a traditionalist. I'm sure that others will love it.
    Keep em coming though, I play all that come out.

d. Dec 2017
    Music is my forte, not math or algebra.

For Mystic Estate:

For the control room, I need the code, pretty please. No hints; just come right out and tell me, or pm me

Christine is a dirty fighter; she doesn't give me a chance to kill her. I, on the other hand, keep getting creamed. So unlike me. Any hints for fight strategy appreciated.

@ Dawggon

I'll PM ya.

If you have a good ear for music, than getting the gold mace in the third mission will be a snap.
    Last edited by GORT; 31st Mar 2006 at 01:58.

@ SinisterShadow
    You only want to go in that training room on Deathwish.
    spoiler:
    The Gambling key is there. Use an invisible potion and then open the door. It will be by the very left door.

The_Dude: Is noone else playing these, it's strangely quiet in this thread?
    I'm pretty sure there'll be more posts on the weekend.
    Last edited by GORT; 31st Mar 2006 at 05:33.

Warning: Do not host this user's FMs - Digi
    I think this missions set is really good, and original!!! But: from the "Contradiction of the builder's children level, to the end, so the last three levels got a VERY depressing and gloomy atmosphere! I mean it!!! Monumental, cold and inhuman!!!

I think I didn't understand something:

spoiler:
    1. I found the equation 45*52/662(-456+47*212-45*765)66^2. I think, the solution must have 4 numbers to get in the mechanists lab, but all solutions I tried had more than 4 numbers!

2. In the mechanists church is a closed door besides the collapsed wall and the destroyed bot left from the entrance. Where is the key to this door?
    Last edited by SethAC; 31st Mar 2006 at 16:18.

@ SinisterShadow
    spoiler:
    The Gambling key is there. Use an invisible potion and then open the door. It will be by the very left door.

I'm pretty sure there'll be more posts on the weekend.
    Also, remember that there are probably a lot of "Garrets" plundering Oblivion this very moment (like yours truly!).

When they come back they'll have this FM and probably others waiting for them.

Hey elkson

My son got oblivion last week for his xbox and is buying me a copy for my pc this weekend. Good times.

Contradiction of the Whatsit = reusable flash bombs = hehehehehehehehe!

And I just found 2000 in gold in the
    spoiler:
    bar!

Uh-oh. I've set off the alarm in the
    spoiler:
    church
    that was a bad idea.
    Last edited by The_Dude; 31st Mar 2006 at 12:39.

I found these missions too frustrating. In the 4th mission, the fire arrows didnt explode. I did a vast amount of quick saving/loading (and an excess of swearing), which kind of screwed with my enjoyment. However I did appreciate the new creative twists like
    spoiler:
    the laser swords and putting in modern objects
    , although I guess I prefer how Thief originally is - medieval kind of thing.
    Thanks for providing something different, I'm always happy to try new fan missions!

stuck right at the start

can anyone tell me how to escape the bots. I cant get through the porch window without getting blown away!
    Thanks
    TomN

Find some shadow and hide. There is a door at the right hand side you can pick.

Are there any water arrows in the Contradiction?

Those haunts don't take damage from flashbombs!!!!!!!

And what the hell is the
    spoiler:
    advanced lockpick
    for?

I'm having trouble getting this mission to play. I downloaded it and tried to run it thru Garretloader, but when I play, it is the original Thief 2 game.

Maybe darkloader for this one?

EDIT: Tried with darkloader and it worked !!

TomM

you can climb the tree right at the beginning just like a ladder, then jump to upstairs window.

@ SinisterShadow
    spoiler:
    I already found that one. I used a Flashbomb and knocked everyone out instead. BTW what the hell came over you placing the "other" key in "that" container?

d. Dec 2017
    Thanks Gort for the pm. I entered the code and the
    spoiler:
    small door on the opposite side opened. I frobbed the top lever, but for the life of me I could not frob the lower one.
    After too much agony I gave up and went back exploring and causing havoc to me and the AI. That Christine; don't know when I've had to reload so many times.

This FM is packed with AI and those
    spoiler:
    blaster swords..

The 2nd game was a walk in the park Thought your design conveyed a serene beauty. The trees reminded me of my favorite Dogwood trees. The falling leaves gave it a softness. Have to admit I couldn't find enough clues as to what to do next, so did the ctrl thingy. Will get back to this one as I hate not finishing it.

Getting to the third in the series, you put an entirely different face on the game. Interesting, but different. I would say a more intense action game. I have been beaten up by more muscle bound men and women.
    I thought for sure I could jump on
    spoiler:
    the motorcycle and speed away.
    I'm still fighting my way through this one.

Your design is meticulous. Very well done !
    Last edited by Dawggon; 31st Mar 2006 at 16:28.

To all who reached the 3rd mission: Please help me with my questions!

(scroll up to find them)
    Last edited by SethAC; 31st Mar 2006 at 18:33.

The_Dude...I've started to play it but right now I have some serious deadlines that are eating my time away...anyone any good at jsp and java?...anyway, I digress..

I'm not very good at sneaking around on these tiles and I seem to getting to places very slowly...but I will keep trying. I think I have heavy hands on keyboards or something..*bangs head against wall*

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast